It's Not Over

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by J Jones, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. J Jones

    J Jones Guest

    Just remember - anything can happen. Armstrong is in charge, no question.
    But, there's still a long way to go to Paris.
    Jeff

    Tags:

  2. On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:59:45 +0200, "Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"J Jones" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    >news:[email protected]
    >> But, there's still a long way to go to Paris.

    >- Joop Zoetemelk.

    Good one. If Ullrich can outlast Armstrong in terms of years, he'll have a
    chance to win the Tour again once Armstrong is retired.

    --
    Kelly Beard

  3. "Ken Very Big Liar" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:59:45 +0200, "Jonathan v.d. Sluis"

    <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"J Jones" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > >news:[email protected]
    > >> But, there's still a long way to go to Paris.

    > >- Joop Zoetemelk.
    > >

    > Good one. If Ullrich can outlast Armstrong in terms of years, he'll have

    > chance to win the Tour again once Armstrong is retired.
    >
    > --
    > Kelly Beard

    After Armstrong has retired, Ullrich will state that he is going for the
    podium next year. He will place 2nd the following tour. This should be the
    subject of some interesting discussion about which great cyclist of the past
    he is most like.

  4. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "J Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Just remember - anything can happen. Armstrong is in charge, no question.
    > But, there's still a long way to go to Paris.
    > Jeff

    Crashes or a bad day, but even when Armstong has a bad day, his bad days are
    often better then his rivals good days! He's amazing! Like in the Movie (The
    Babe), where Lou said of Ruth,
    he's a God! But, I will stop just short of that!

  5. "Ken Very Big Liar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:59:45 +0200, "Jonathan v.d. Sluis"

    <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"J Jones" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > >news:[email protected]
    > >> But, there's still a long way to go to Paris.

    > >- Joop Zoetemelk.
    > >

    > Good one. If Ullrich can outlast Armstrong in terms of years, he'll have

    > chance to win the Tour again once Armstrong is retired.

    No he won't. Basso, Cunego, Kloden, Menchov, Scarponi, Cioni, et al (maybe
    even Voekler?) will take over. Jan partook of the winter biscuits a little
    too often, and now the young guard will surpass him.

    From the Official Tour webpage:

    "In fact, three of the past four winners of the youth classification were in
    the top seven."

  6. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Bestest Handsander" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Ken Very Big Liar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:59:45 +0200, "Jonathan v.d. Sluis"

    > <[email protected]>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >"J Jones" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > > >news:[email protected]
    > > >
    > > >- Joop Zoetemelk.
    > > >

    > > Good one. If Ullrich can outlast Armstrong in terms of years, he'll

    have
    > > chance to win the Tour again once Armstrong is retired.
    > >

    > No he won't. Basso, Cunego, Kloden, Menchov, Scarponi, Cioni, et al

    (maybe
    > even Voekler?) will take over. Jan partook of the winter biscuits a

    little
    > too often, and now the young guard will surpass him.
    >
    > From the Official Tour webpage:
    >
    > "In fact, three of the past four winners of the youth classification were

    in
    > the top seven."

    So, you think Lance may have shot his wad, so to speak?

  7. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Ken Very Big Liar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:59:45 +0200, "Jonathan v.d. Sluis"

    <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"J Jones" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > >news:[email protected]
    > >> But, there's still a long way to go to Paris.

    > >- Joop Zoetemelk.
    > >

    > Good one. If Ullrich can outlast Armstrong in terms of years, he'll have

    > chance to win the Tour again once Armstrong is retired.

    Well it looks like the Discovery Channel just made sure that Jan will be the
    eternal second place. Here's the facts - if Jan let's this break mis morale
    he will never again be a serious competitor in the Tour.

  8. Krusty

    Krusty Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:54:06 -0600, "Bestest Handsander" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Jan partook of the winter biscuits a little
    >too often,

    Don't you mean disco biscuits?