It's not your fault ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
> There you go. Any of you guys cycling but still retaing a beer belly... blame it on your genes :)
>
I assume that my genes think that by now I ought to be fully infested with a bunch of tapeworms and
such things, which doesn't seem to be the case for me.

I once read of somebody who was selling slimming pills that contained tapeworm eggs. They were the
only slimming pills that have ever worked, but they made him take the pills off the market.

Jeremy Parker

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:35:30 -0000, "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Of course there was that item on TV recently suggesting us tubbies have been infected with a virus.

HFBV?[1] An excellent but unconvincing excuse. I was 15 stone and a 40" waist; I went to a gym for a
paltry hour or so a day seven days a week for three months, at the end of which I was 13 stone and a
32" waist. I now maintain that by cycling. Whatever your genetic makeup, if you exercise well and
eat sensibly you'll not get fat.

Talking of makeup, why have Clonaid hired Arabella Weir in her "no offence" persona to be their
spokesloony?

[1] Human Fat ******* Virus - OK I made that up :)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.

>Of course there was that item on TV recently suggesting us tubbies have been infected with a virus.
>

No, it suggested *some* of us tubbies may have been infected with a virus. It said *some* obesity
may be as a result of Ad-36 infection. It certainly didn't use it as an "excuse" for all obseity. To
me, there was enough of a case to warrant further research. :)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

>Thanks for the kind thought. But aren't you just reiterating the old paunchist line by suggesting
>there's something wrong with us?

No more than suggesting there's something wrong with *everyone* - we all have different "defects" in
our DNA, to a greater or lesser extent, for example.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard of
[email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:
>>Thanks for the kind thought. But aren't you just reiterating the old paunchist line by suggesting
>>there's something wrong with us?
>
> No more than suggesting there's something wrong with *everyone* - we all have different "defects"
> in our DNA, to a greater or lesser extent, for example.

Huh.

If you're rude about a coloured skin, you're considered highly offensive. If you're rude about
baldies, it's in bad taste.

So how come you can be rude about us paunchies?

--
Not me guv

In message <[email protected]>, Nick Kew <[email protected]> writes
>In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard
>of [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:
>>>Thanks for the kind thought. But aren't you just reiterating the old paunchist line by suggesting
>>>there's something wrong with us?
>>
>> No more than suggesting there's something wrong with *everyone* - we all have different "defects"
>> in our DNA, to a greater or lesser extent, for example.
>
>Huh.
>
>If you're rude about a coloured skin, you're considered highly offensive. If you're rude about
>baldies, it's in bad taste.
>
>So how come you can be rude about us paunchies?

Because your paunch says "gross moral defect" to all observers. (Mine says "bonhomie, relaxation,
and good company".) (1)

We could both do something about our paunches, but we don't. Moral defects may originate in your
genes, but they still mark you out for the hatred and contempt of all right-thinking people.

--
Richard Keatinge

(1) It's lying.

In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard of
Richard Keatinge <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>So how come you can be rude about us paunchies?
>
> Because your paunch says "gross moral defect" to all observers. (Mine says "bonhomie, relaxation,
> and good company".) (1)
>
> (1) It's lying

ROTFL;-)

> We could both do something about our paunches, but we don't. Moral

Speak for yourself. I nurture mine, and it repays me by growing ever more ample as the years go by.
Bit of good natural insulation saves me being tempted to use heating, too.

--
Wear your paunch with pride!

Nick Kew wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard of
> Richard Keatinge <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
> > We could both do something about our paunches, but we don't. Moral
>
> Speak for yourself. I nurture mine, and it repays me by growing ever more ample as the years go
> by. Bit of good natural insulation saves me being tempted to use heating, too.

There are also clear advantages on the bent. The rounded shape must aid aerodynamics.

John Buckley

In message <[email protected]>, Jose Marques
<[email protected]> writes
>
>You think your paunch talks to you? You have bigger problems than being stout me thinks.

In message <[email protected]>, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> writes

>So, do you demand the banning of the word "ample?" :)

No. No! NO!

I am well, I am healthy. The voices are good! They are good voices! They tell me good things. If
only I c'd twunderstand them! Who are they? Why do they tell me to eat chocolate? Are they my leg
muscles? Or do they come from my paunch? Or from the Dark Side? I am sane. And happy. My old MTB is
not calling me! Nor rusting to death, in tears. The lambs, the little lambs - so sweet, so juicy, so
tender. Chocolate, roasted chocolate. Coffee. Dunnykindiving is fun well seasoned. Ample... Oh God
I've said it, I've said it, it's banned, I'm damned uuurgh splash...

(burp)

(much better now)

thank you

--
the ample Richard Keatinge

http://www.keatinge.net

"wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> No, it suggested *some* of us tubbies may have been infected with a virus.
It
> said *some* obesity may be as a result of Ad-36 infection. It certainly
didn't
> use it as an "excuse" for all obseity. To me, there was enough of a case
to
> warrant further research. :)

I stand corrected (NO not orthopaedic shoes!!). Yes, it may well warrant further research but the
standard equation of food in - work out must equal change in weight whether you have or have had a
virus or have specific genes or not. The laws of physics rule supreme. There are NO exceptions.

Eat less, exercise more must result in reduced weight.

T

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Richard Keatinge wrote:

> Because your paunch says "gross moral defect" to all observers. (Mine says "bonhomie, relaxation,
> and good company".) (1)

You think your paunch talks to you? You have bigger problems than being stout me thinks.

--
Jose Marques

"Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in
> >
> > No, it suggested *some* of us tubbies may have been infected with a
virus.
> It
> > said *some* obesity may be as a result of Ad-36 infection. It certainly
> didn't
> > use it as an "excuse" for all obseity. To me, there was enough of a case
> to
> > warrant further research. :)
>
>
> I stand corrected (NO not orthopaedic shoes!!). Yes, it may well warrant further research but the
> standard equation of food in - work out must
equal
> change in weight whether you have or have had a virus or have specific
genes
> or not. The laws of physics rule supreme. There are NO exceptions.
>
> Eat less, exercise more must result in reduced weight.
>
> T
>
>
Surely this is only as long as we *totally understand* all possible inputs/outputs/variations, i.e.
is our view of reality the only and correct one ??...not if the h*lm*ts threads are anything to go
by ;-) Dave.

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:29:13 +0000, [email protected] (Nick Kew) wrote:

>If you're rude about a coloured skin, you're considered highly offensive. If you're rude about
>baldies, it's in bad taste. So how come you can be rude about us paunchies?

Shut up, you whingeing fat ******* :-D

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.

"Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
> Eat less, exercise more must result in reduced weight.
>

Actually not. Exercise may decrease fat and make you slimmer but it also creates more muscle and
muscle is much more dense than fat. So you can actually eat less, exercise more, become slimmer and
gain weight.

However I have long ago accepted the advice of a medical friend who reckons I've reached the age
where my broad mind and narrow waist swap places.

Tony

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>

> Surely this is only as long as we *totally understand* all possible inputs/outputs/variations,
> i.e. is our view of reality the only and
correct
> one ??...not if the h*lm*ts threads are anything to go by ;-)

Ahhhhhhhhhh --- slashes wrists :(

Status
Not open for further replies.