It's official. I'm hooked.

NickDavid

Aug 9, 2006
Picked up my new bike on Friday. Rode 22 miles to just check it out. Woke up the next morning and rode another 31 miles. I love cycling, especially in Northern NJ. You actually get to take the time to take in the scenery around here. The speed and difficulty of climbing has me hooked.

Gonna take off tomorrow, bring a camera and do 50 miles. Weather's supposed to be great this week.

I hear ya.....

I started riding again about a month ago and I am addicted. I love the riding experience... just being out there on a bike is awesome... seeing what I see, riding wherever I want for as long as I want...

I find myself thinking about cycling every day all day and when I am not cycling I am in this forum or surfing the net drooling over bikes, parts, and accesories.

After a ride I feel great and just want to get back out there and ride again.

NickDavid said:
Picked up my new bike on Friday. Rode 22 miles to just check it out. Woke up the next morning and rode another 31 miles. I love cycling, especially in Northern NJ. You actually get to take the time to take in the scenery around here. The speed and difficulty of climbing has me hooked.

Gonna take off tomorrow, bring a camera and do 50 miles. Weather's supposed to be great this week.
amen. i never realized cycling could become a part of one's soul.

<transcendetally speaking of course. no reference to spirituality here!>

NickDavid said:

Looks like you and I are riding the same roads. I have yet to attempt Skyline Drive as I do not think I'm fit enough. Plenty of good riding in our area. I have been confined to rollers after finding a little crack in my fork around the drop out. I find it difficult to give up my bike to get it fixed.

Markz said:
Looks like you and I are riding the same roads. I have yet to attempt Skyline Drive as I do not think I'm fit enough. Plenty of good riding in our area. I have been confined to rollers after finding a little crack in my fork around the drop out. I find it difficult to give up my bike to get it fixed.
Mark, I actually live off Skyline Drive. Skyline Drive is pretty intense for 3 reasons. 1. It's steep going up, 2. It's steep going down, 3. There's tons of cars going fast. I'm gonna give it a shot this weekend coming up I think. Where ya from? I'm in Ringwood.

NickDavid said:
Mark, I actually live off Skyline Drive. Skyline Drive is pretty intense for 3 reasons. 1. It's steep going up, 2. It's steep going down, 3. There's tons of cars going fast. I'm gonna give it a shot this weekend coming up I think. Where ya from? I'm in Ringwood.
I'm in Bloomingdale. I usually go through Pompton Lakes up into Franlin lakes, Waldwick, Ramsey. About a 30 mile loop. I ventue down ringwood ave to Ringwood manor every once and a while. I'm not too familiar with the roads that way. I have told myself that by November I would attempt the climb. It is just under 1 1/2 mile of climbing from the Oakland side. I agree with all those points and good luck. Let me know how it goes.

Yeah that sounds good. It is addictive the adrenaline rush. Jersey must be nice to ride too, good for you. People should post their rides on youtube and put them in here in the forum. This would be fun to see and maybe hear.

I think a lot of times people will buy a bike either for commuting or because they need something to get around on, not realising how addictive it can be.

I think a lot probably does depend on where you live, and if you have an area that is bike friendly shall we say, the temptation to go out and ride is even greater.

Wow 22 miles is awesome. I've seen pictures around NJ and it looks like it has great scenery. Glad you enjoyed your rides.

It's so great to do what we love and say we are hooked on something healthy right? :)