It's Official...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ronaldo Jeremia, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. ...r.b.r. contributors are, by and large, idiots.

    Take the omnipresent r.b.r. regular who accuses others of being ignorant despite displaying
    virtually no insight regarding what happens in a bike race (have any of you wondered if this guy has
    ever been to a race? I have)...

    ...or people who conclude that, because LANCE won a 'Kriterium,' his Tour win is somehow
    validated *and* he really can sprint, despite the fact that it is a well known fact that these
    races are rigged...

    ...or people who think that, if LANCE wins a sixth Tour de France, he will surpass Eddy Merckx as
    the greatest cyclist of ALL TIME, despite the fact that Eddy won every race that ever existed about
    a dozen times, and Lance's career to date would realistically place him somewhere between 5th and
    10th on any reasonable form of such ranking...

    ...then there are people who think that Michael Jordan dominated the NBA not by training, but merely
    by being talented.

    -RJ

    Tags:

  2. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    [email protected] (Ronaldo Jeremiah) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > ...or people who think that, if LANCE wins a sixth Tour de France, he will surpass Eddy Merckx as
    > the greatest cyclist of ALL TIME, despite the fact that Eddy won every race that ever existed
    > about a dozen times, and Lance's career to date would realistically place him somewhere between
    > 5th and 10th on any reasonable form of such ranking...

    To date, maybe only 11th:

    http://www.cyclinghalloffame.com/riders/alltime25graph.asp

    NS

  3. "Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ...r.b.r. contributors are, by and large, idiots.
    >
    > Take the omnipresent r.b.r. regular who accuses others of being ignorant despite displaying
    > virtually no insight regarding what happens in a bike race (have any of you wondered if this guy
    > has ever been to a race? I have)...
    >
    > ...or people who conclude that, because LANCE won a 'Kriterium,' his Tour win is somehow validated
    > *and* he really can sprint, despite the fact that it is a well known fact that these races are
    > rigged...
    >
    > ...or people who think that, if LANCE wins a sixth Tour de France, he will surpass Eddy Merckx as
    > the greatest cyclist of ALL TIME, despite the fact that Eddy won every race that ever existed
    > about a dozen times, and Lance's career to date would realistically place him somewhere between
    > 5th and 10th on any reasonable form of such ranking...
    >
    > ...then there are people who think that Michael Jordan dominated the NBA not by training, but
    > merely by being talented.

    A lot of it is that it is TdF time which translates into Clueless Newbies Running Amok.

    As for the rbr regular that you mention - there may be something wrong with his cognitive abilities
    because a non-impaired person would have it figured out by now.

  4. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    "Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ...r.b.r. contributors are, by and large, idiots.
    >
    > Take the omnipresent r.b.r. regular who accuses others of being ignorant despite displaying
    > virtually no insight regarding what happens in a bike race (have any of you wondered if this guy
    > has ever been to a race? I have)...
    >
    > ...or people who conclude that, because LANCE won a 'Kriterium,' his Tour win is somehow validated
    > *and* he really can sprint, despite the fact that it is a well known fact that these races are
    > rigged...

    The "idiot" description would seem to apply quite well to you, since you don't seem to be able to
    recognize sarcasm even when it is dripping...

    Andy Coggan

  5. Deeznuts

    Deeznuts Guest

    [email protected] (Ronaldo Jeremiah) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > ...or people who conclude that, because LANCE won a 'Kriterium,' his Tour win is somehow validated
    > *and* he really can sprint, despite the fact that it is a well known fact that these races are
    > rigged... -RJ

    "Ronaldo",

    Looks like you got snagged, dumbass.

    Deez

    P.S. Only pussies post under pseudonyms. Use your real name, candyass.

  6. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ...or people who conclude that, because LANCE won a 'Kriterium,' his Tour win is somehow validated
    > *and* he really can sprint, despite
    the
    > fact that it is a well known fact that these races are rigged...

    So tell me how it's "well known".

  7. Deeznuts

    Deeznuts Guest

    > "Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > ...or people who conclude that, because LANCE won a 'Kriterium,' his Tour win is somehow
    > > validated *and* he really can sprint, despite
    > the
    > > fact that it is a well known fact that these races are rigged...
    >
    > So tell me how it's "well known".

    It is "well known" in the sense that everyone aside from yourself and a select few other dumbasses
    know that the races are fixed.

    You're Welcome,

    Deez