It's quicker by unicycle

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by nickjb, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. nickjb

    nickjb Guest

    Tags:

  2. no.
    but they did it last year as well, or someone did. There was a picture
    of them in the local newspaper on a coker. can't remember the name
    though...

    --
    theamazingmolio - A Unicylist, a juggler, and a prat

    Luke Duller ([email protected])
    Never trust anything you read on the internet
    [image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/TheAmazingMolio/rolly.gif]
    theamazingmolio's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5931

  3. Is 'this' (http://tinyurl.com/25hey) the same thing? Found it a while
    ago when using google image search for some pictures of traffic jams for
    a presentation. It was quite exciting to accidentally find a picture of
    a coker.

    --
    johnhimsworth - Nullus Anxietas

    What if the hokey cokey really is what it's all about?
    johnhimsworth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1788

  4. yep. thats the one. No name given in either article though... I seem to
    remember the Coker was borrowed

    --
    theamazingmolio - A Unicylist, a juggler, and a prat

    Luke Duller ([email protected])
    Never trust anything you read on the internet
    [image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/TheAmazingMolio/rolly.gif]
    theamazingmolio's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5931

  5. onewheeldave

    onewheeldave Guest

    canadianrugby wrote:
    > *i remeber reading somewere that unicycles were faster than walking in
    > distances under 1 mile. *

    I'd expect unicycles to be faster than walking over any distance.

    When people ask about my 24" muni and speed I always say it's slower
    than a bike and faster than walking.

    If I had to guestimate it I'd say it was around twice as fast as
    walking.

    --
    onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

    "He's also been known to indulge in a spot of flame juggling - but it's
    the Muni that really fires him up."

    onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874