It's snowing!

steve common

Guest
No ****.

Forecast 1°C at race start 7°C at end, showers (of what?), 12mph wind in the
bad direction. This is a race for Dot or anders :))

See y'all tomorrow night. Have a good one if your running this week-end.

steve common wrote:
> No ****.
>
> Forecast 1°C at race start 7°C at end, showers (of what?), 12mph wind in the
> bad direction. This is a race for Dot or anders :))

best of luck to you!

> See y'all tomorrow night. Have a good one if your running this week-end.

well... because of the snow (a couple of inches, which is what we call a
snowstorm here in paris (-:) my 10k race was finally canceled this
saturday afternoon.
i'll run long instead, tomorrow.

marko wrote:

> steve common wrote:
>
>> No ****.
>>
>> Forecast 1°C at race start 7°C at end, showers (of what?), 12mph wind
>> in the
>> bad direction. This is a race for Dot or anders :))

> best of luck to you!
>
>> See y'all tomorrow night. Have a good one if your running this week-end.

> well... because of the snow (a couple of inches, which is what we call a
> snowstorm here in paris (-:) my 10k race was finally canceled this
> saturday afternoon.
> i'll run long instead, tomorrow.

Good luck, Steve. (I know, I'm late, as usual)

We've had some beautiful weather since about Tues or Wed. System dumped
about a foot of snow over a few days, and temperatures have been about
-5F/-21C to 15F/-10C. Best snow in 2 years. :) :) They hadn't groomed
the trails on Thurs - actually, it was still snowing and deposited an
inch in the 2.5 hr I was snowshoeing. I got to break the main trail as
well as the new single track (4-5 mi combined), which won't be machine
groomed. Went out today for another couple hrs packing the single track
down as I ran/walked - main trails were groomed, so it wasn't as hard today.

Yes, Virginia, Alaska still does get winter occasionally!

Dot

--
"A winner is just a loser who tried one more time." -Captain George M.
Moore, Jr., United States Air Force (retired),

"Hark ~ ! Hark ~ !
I hear a dark white horse
Galloping ~ !

She canters precariously
Between a rock and the deep blue sea.

My aphoristic moral I unfurl profusely
For you ~

If you come to a fork in the road,
Take it

Home. You may very well own
A matching spoonerism."
~ Justin

"There is a huge advantage in working
With mirrored reflections,
"Notch
Filters, co-ordination schemes ...

Ambiguous, dyslexic, equivalent, abstraction,
Objectivity,
Convergence

To be ambivalent about something
.... to be able to loose sight of the
Direction to it ...

.... simply folds 2 into 1."
~ Raving

"The Owls are a,e,i,o,u
And sometimes y."
~ Dr. AE

"Female moths are called lunar myths."
~ Ms. Moth Q. Wrangerl

"It is kisstomary to cuss the bride."
~ Miss Malaprop

"... and that is a horse of a different feather."
~ Hawking

"Although the patient had never been fatally ill before,
She woke up dead ~

Knocked in the head ...
Or so it was unanimously said,
If not bedside ..."
~ Dr. Bernstein

"Where's Edward ~ ?"
~ Yorick

"Of The Heart's
Art

Of The Held House of Too, alive,
Inhabited, housed inside
The Notebooks of Construction

Of Thee ~ Of Thy Alphabet, where your song
Dislodges formal construction,
Lodges, Too,

The Notebooks of Construction
Of My Alphabet ...

Notebooks of Construction for Our Alphabet,
My alphabet that renders years,
Tears, yours,
Both blocks and letters ~
Of inborn dwelling,