It's suddenly gone very quiet in here

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Just zis Guy, you know?, Feb 3, 2005.

  1. ever since I applied a new regular expression filter to kill the
    Gin/Dolan spat.

    Much better :)

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  2. Jon Meinecke

    Jon Meinecke Guest

    "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote

    > ever since I applied a new regular expression filter to kill the
    > Gin/Dolan spat.
    >
    > Much better :)

    Oh yes, so much of what the ed's write is almost, but not
    quite, entirely unlike well reasoned, thoughtful expression.
    Or humor. Must be all that work they've done in the
    complaint department of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.*

    Filtering based on content from newsfeeds.com doesn't seem
    to be a bad option at this point. The poster formerly know
    as,-- well, come to think of it, known as apparently anyone but
    who they are in meat space,-- that poster seems to have gone
    from prodigy.com to newsfeeds.com. Wonder how long it will
    take them to get a clue and cut-off the spew...

    * Just listened to the six episodes of the new _HHGG, Tertiary
    Phase_ from BBC4. Smuggled out of country as MP3 files....
    Don't leave home without your towel!

    Jon Meinecke

  3. Freewheeling

    Freewheeling Guest

    What's a "regular expression filter?" I've just identified the various
    pseudonyms for Ed Gin and then included Ed Dolan and it pretty much went
    away. But potentially I'll have to add new pseudonyms as they crop up.

    --
    --Scott
    news:eek:[email protected]
    > ever since I applied a new regular expression filter to kill the
    > Gin/Dolan spat.
    >
    > Much better :)
    >
    > Guy
    > --
    > May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    > http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
    >
    > 85% of helmet statistics are made up, 69% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

  4. BEN EADIE

    BEN EADIE Guest

    Wow! I did the same, and with other hate mongers as well here, and now there
    is useful info here again, thanks! Im back.to give the group another try.

    Cheers,
    Ben

    "Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > What's a "regular expression filter?" I've just identified the various
    > pseudonyms for Ed Gin and then included Ed Dolan and it pretty much went
    > away. But potentially I'll have to add new pseudonyms as they crop up.
    >
    > --
    > --Scott
    > "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:eek:[email protected]
    > > ever since I applied a new regular expression filter to kill the
    > > Gin/Dolan spat.
    > >
    > > Much better :)
    > >
    > > Guy
    > > --
    > > May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    > > http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
    > >
    > > 85% of helmet statistics are made up, 69% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

  5. On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:41:48 -0500, "Freewheeling"
    <[email protected]>:

    >What's a "regular expression filter?"

    A filter based on a Unix-style regular expression, you can do them in
    Agent. It allows me to use pattern-matching in subject lines to
    ignore any thread which has a suspect-looking title; it seems to be
    working well. Actually the filter in this case is extraordinarily
    simple, which is just as well since I am not terribly good at regular
    expressions :)

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  6. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > What's a "regular expression filter?" I've just identified the various
    > pseudonyms for Ed Gin and then included Ed Dolan and it pretty much went
    > away. But potentially I'll have to add new pseudonyms as they crop up.
    >
    > --
    > --Scott

    Only Ed Gin is using pseudonyms. What else do you have to know about him?

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

  7. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    Just another regurgitated message from me obese Ed Dolan.
    I wonder how long I can go on like this. No one is reading my crap
    except Linseed Oil criminal JimmyMac and me.

    Ed Dolan the Great Obese Putz - Minnesota

  8. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Just another regurgitated message from me obese Ed Dolan.
    > I wonder how long I can go on like this. No one is reading my crap
    > except Linseed Oil criminal JimmyMac and me.
    >
    > Ed Dolan the Great Obese Putz - Minnesota

    More shit by Ed Gin.