It's suddenly gone very quiet in here

Just zis Guy, you know?

Guest
ever since I applied a new regular expression filter to kill the
Gin/Dolan spat.

Much better :)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote

> ever since I applied a new regular expression filter to kill the
> Gin/Dolan spat.
>
> Much better :)

Oh yes, so much of what the ed's write is almost, but not
quite, entirely unlike well reasoned, thoughtful expression.
Or humor. Must be all that work they've done in the
complaint department of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.*

Filtering based on content from newsfeeds.com doesn't seem
to be a bad option at this point. The poster formerly know
as,-- well, come to think of it, known as apparently anyone but
who they are in meat space,-- that poster seems to have gone
from prodigy.com to newsfeeds.com. Wonder how long it will
take them to get a clue and cut-off the spew...

* Just listened to the six episodes of the new _HHGG, Tertiary
Phase_ from BBC4. Smuggled out of country as MP3 files....
Don't leave home without your towel!

Jon Meinecke

What's a "regular expression filter?" I've just identified the various
pseudonyms for Ed Gin and then included Ed Dolan and it pretty much went
away. But potentially I'll have to add new pseudonyms as they crop up.

--
--Scott
news:eek:[email protected]...
> ever since I applied a new regular expression filter to kill the
> Gin/Dolan spat.
>
> Much better :)
>
> Guy
> --
> May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
>
> 85% of helmet statistics are made up, 69% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

Wow! I did the same, and with other hate mongers as well here, and now there
is useful info here again, thanks! Im back.to give the group another try.

Cheers,
Ben

"Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What's a "regular expression filter?" I've just identified the various
> pseudonyms for Ed Gin and then included Ed Dolan and it pretty much went
> away. But potentially I'll have to add new pseudonyms as they crop up.
>
> --
> --Scott
> "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
> > ever since I applied a new regular expression filter to kill the
> > Gin/Dolan spat.
> >
> > Much better :)
> >
> > Guy
> > --
> > May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
> > http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
> >
> > 85% of helmet statistics are made up, 69% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:41:48 -0500, "Freewheeling"
<[email protected]>:

>What's a "regular expression filter?"

A filter based on a Unix-style regular expression, you can do them in
Agent. It allows me to use pattern-matching in subject lines to
ignore any thread which has a suspect-looking title; it seems to be
working well. Actually the filter in this case is extraordinarily
simple, which is just as well since I am not terribly good at regular
expressions :)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

"Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What's a "regular expression filter?" I've just identified the various
> pseudonyms for Ed Gin and then included Ed Dolan and it pretty much went
> away. But potentially I'll have to add new pseudonyms as they crop up.
>
> --
> --Scott

Only Ed Gin is using pseudonyms. What else do you have to know about him?

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Just another regurgitated message from me obese Ed Dolan.
I wonder how long I can go on like this. No one is reading my ****
except Linseed Oil criminal JimmyMac and me.

Ed Dolan the Great Obese Putz - Minnesota

news:[email protected]...

More **** by Ed Gin.