It's warm early this season!

jhuskey

Oct 6, 2003
I thought I would take my ride early Sunday since it was so hot. At 15 mile my shoes caught on fire. Luckly my a** had melted 30 mins earlier and had ran down my legs and extinguished the flames. On a big climb I noted the yellow line in the road was melting and puddling so I had to zig zag to avoid them but I think I could have been hallucinating from the heat. I later paused to take in a nice steaming gulp of Gatorade.They say the steam is good for your complexion.
A little ways further Jessica Alba, half naked, drove up in her Porche and poured half a glass of cold beer over my body and cooled me off as the foam ran down my chest...... wait I think that was another hallucination . At 25 miles into the ride two medium sized dogs chased me until they both burst into fames on the hot pavement The last few mile of the ride are a bit hazy I think I black out once or twice on the climbs. Did I mention it was hot?

So was it hot outside? ;)
I'm not a fan of super hot days, they're just horrible. The Jessica Alba part sounded fun, I only have hallucinations of collapsing and gremlins finding my toasted body. I just moved into the dorms, I haven't had a chance to get out and ride yet, except to class. I'm a bit worried now...

It is the first time I ever felt dizzy during a ride. I actually hooked up with another rider about half way through an we took turns pacing. I lost about 4 pounds of fluid during the ride.
Some days are tough on an old guy.

Wow, JH. I wonder how hot you'd have to get before Jessica would drive up in her Porche totally nekid?! :eek: :cool:

Next time take pics of them hallucinations. :D