It's Zoot!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Brian Huntley, Dec 3, 2005.

  1. Roger Houston wrote:
    > "Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "Vapour" is the proper spelling used by the millions of English
    > > speakers throughout the world. Your spelling may be proper within your
    > > borders but realise that you look ignorant or lazy when you post in a
    > > global forum

    > It's "Realize", Hoser.

    Spelling tends to be eclectic in Canada :) realise - realize same
    thing

    > Wonder what the internet would look like if the Canucks ran it?

  2. The Wogster

    The Wogster Guest

    Roger Houston wrote:
    > "Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>"Vapour" is the proper spelling used by the millions of English
    >>speakers throughout the world. Your spelling may be proper within your
    >>borders but realise that you look ignorant or lazy when you post in a
    >>global forum

    > It's "Realize", Hoser.
    >
    > Wonder what the internet would look like if the Canucks ran it?

    Probably much politer, for many Canadians though, both the British and
    American spellings are considered interchangable, then again, you get
    folks like me, who tend to use British spellings, after all, the Brits
    invented the mess that we call then English Language, so I would assume
    they have an idea on how words in it, should be spelled.

  3. "The Wogster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Probably much politer, for many Canadians though, both the British and
    > American spellings are considered interchangable, then again, you get
    > folks like me, who tend to use British spellings, after all, the Brits
    > invented the mess that we call then English Language, so I would assume
    > they have an idea on how words in it, should be spelled.

    As well as how commas in it, should be misused.

    But we digress.

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] wrote:

    > Ryan Cousineau wrote:
    >
    > > Peak Oil is a concept that, scientific validity left aside, has been
    > > enthusiastically embraced by political entities on the left. Meanwhile,
    > > the Mises Institute is the one publishing articles under the title "The
    > > Myth of 'Peak Oil.'"
    > >
    > > http://www.mises.org/fullstory.aspx?Id=1717
    > > note: references to the sweet-sour spread have nothing to do with ethnic
    > > cuisine.

    > Strange. There is nothing in this article "The Myth of 'Peak Oil'"
    > that claims or indicates in any way that the phenomenon of
    > 'Peak Oil' is a myth. Except the title, of course.
    >
    > Robert

    True enough. The article is effectively about myths surrounding the
    potential effects of peak oil, which are of more interest to a
    (classical) liberal economics institute.

    If you want more on the subject of abiotic oil, this Wired article is
    probably a good start:

    http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/8.07/gold_pr.html

    I am no expert, and I'm a pretty timid bettor. But if I had to bet, I'd
    probably lay my money on abiotic oil versus dino juice.

  5. Peter Keller

    Peter Keller Guest

    On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:15:14 -0600, Roger Houston wrote:

    > "Peter Keller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]
    >>
    >> Cor Blimey!
    >> Is a man not allowed to spell like a limey?

    > Or a Kiwi, maybe? Well, certainly. I was just having a piss, roight?

    Perhaps, though I don't know how good a bird which can't fly, only comes
    out at night, has its nostrils at the end of its beak and is always poking
    its nose into things can spell.

    Peter

    --
    No Microsoft involved. Certified virus free --

  6. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 22:09:43 -0500, The Wogster <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >for many Canadians though, both the British and
    >American spellings are considered interchangable,

    uhhh, there does exist The Oxford Dictionary of Canadian English
    which includes a definition for "shit disturber" as well as the usual
    extraneous "U"s to satisfy the French and the use of "S" instead of
    zed just to piss-off the yankz.

    >then again, you get
    >folks like me, who tend to use British spellings, after all, the Brits
    >invented the mess that we call then English Language, so I would assume
    >they have an idea on how words in it, should be spelled.

    The English language contains many words adopted from Old French.
    French was long considered the international language and the language
    of diplomacy.

    My news reader software has a selection of downloadable dictionaries
    for its speel chucker. I use International English because it's more
    widely understood than American English which appears to have been
    compiled by advertising copy writers.

    There is a program, including a Canadian English dictionary, called
    "Spell Check Anywhere" that operates in any Windoze program including
    use in online forums. It's been cracked so you can test it longer than
    the seven daze the developer gives ewe.

    what really pix my titz is the asswipes who cant punctuate or find the
    fuken shift key they four shore aint all ee cummings
    --
    zk

  7. The Wogster

    The Wogster Guest

    Roger Houston wrote:
    > "The Wogster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Probably much politer, for many Canadians though, both the British and
    >>American spellings are considered interchangable, then again, you get
    >>folks like me, who tend to use British spellings, after all, the Brits
    >>invented the mess that we call then English Language, so I would assume
    >>they have an idea on how words in it, should be spelled.

    > As well as how commas in it, should be misused.
    >
    > But we digress.

    That's what happens, when you post late at night. I am a morning person.

  8. Peter Keller wrote:
    > On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:15:14 -0600, Roger Houston wrote:
    >

    > > "Peter Keller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:p[email protected]
    > >>
    > >> Cor Blimey!
    > >> Is a man not allowed to spell like a limey?

    > > Or a Kiwi, maybe? Well, certainly. I was just having a piss, roight?

    > Perhaps, though I don't know how good a bird which can't fly, only comes
    > out at night, has its nostrils at the end of its beak and is always poking
    > its nose into things can spell.

    That could almost describe my old boss.
    John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

  9. Buck

    Buck Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Zoot Katz wrote:
    >
    > > "Peak Oil" is possibly a scam to keep prices high.

    > The US reached its production peak in 1970. If oil
    > is a renewable resource, how come we can't even
    > produce as much domestically as we did in the 1960s,
    > when the US was one of the world's leading EXporters
    > of oil? Why can't the Russians, who actually believe the
    > primordial theory of oil's origin, produce as much today
    > as they did twenty years ago? Why does oil production
    > in the US and Russia decline every year?

    This is all about economics. My mom did accounting/treasury work for an
    oil company for nearly 20 years. Over that time, the quality of the
    available oil changed. It costs more money to refine North American oil
    into its usable components than it does to transport higher-quality oil
    across an ocean and refine it. As the political situation changes and
    the costs for transportation increase, the extra expense of refining
    the "cruder" crude oil from the North America will drop.

    We can also blame the increased costs of labor for a significant
    portion of our problems. Why else would we be importing somewhere
    around 80% of our goods - most of which we produced domestically at one
    time (think steel, agriculture, forest products, electronics, clothing,
    nick-nacks and whatnots). Dang Americans are just too greedy for their
    own good!

    -Buck