Ivan Basso Joins Team Discovery

frusso10

Nov 24, 2004
It now looks like the Discovery team will have a new leader for the 2007 TDF. On the Team discovery web site it has reported the Ivan Basso has signed a two year contract and that he is now trainning with the team.

frusso10 said:
It now looks like the Discovery team will have a new leader for the 2007 TDF. On the Team discovery web site it has reported the Ivan Basso has signed a two year contract and that he is now trainning with the team.

Did this post get lost in cyberspace for two months before being showing up here?

DiabloScott said:
Did this post get lost in cyberspace for two months before being showing up here?
No, the original poster just came back to cyberspace after a 2 month break. :rolleyes:

DiabloScott said:
I’m sorry for being, as you say two months late on my posting. I did not know there was a time window for postings.

frusso10 said:
I’m sorry for being, as you say two months late on my posting. I did not know there was a time window for postings.
No, there isn't, but the subject has already been discussed ad nauseum over on the Grand Tours subforum.

Hence everyone's amusement at your expense. :)

matagi said:
No, there isn't, but the subject has already been discussed ad nauseum over on the Grand Tours subforum.

Hence everyone's amusement at your expense. :)
No not at my expense. I’m sure there are other people that have a life and do not live and breath pro cycling. Next time I have some news I’ll just keep it to myself.

frusso10 said:
No not at my expense. I’m sure there are other people that have a life and do not live and breath pro cycling. Next time I have some news I’ll just keep it to myself.
No don't do that - next time you have some news do share it.

Unfortunately, this time you didn't actually have any news - you had in fact missed the boat by a couple of months, hence the derision.

matagi said:
No don't do that - next time you have some news do share it.

Unfortunately, this time you didn't actually have any news - you had in fact missed the boat by a couple of months, hence the derision.
Thats the story of my life. A day late and a dollar short. Safe cycling.

frusso10 said:

Proper forum manners require that you at least look around a bit before posting something. Had you done that you would have found other threads discussing the Basso-Discovery event and instead of reporting it as news (which of course it isn't anymore) you would have probably posted your opinion or your prediction about the event and that would have been completely acceptable and proper and hopefully even interesting ... of course you might have gotten blasted anyway, that's the nature of these forums.

We don't all "live and breathe pro cycling" but this is a bike racing forum so the word gets around.

DiabloScott said:
Proper forum manners require that you at least look around a bit before posting something. Had you done that you would have found other threads discussing the Basso-Discovery event and instead of reporting it as news (which of course it isn't anymore) you would have probably posted your opinion or your prediction about the event and that would have been completely acceptable and proper and hopefully even interesting ... of course you might have gotten blasted anyway, that's the nature of these forums.

We don't all "live and breathe pro cycling" but this is a bike racing forum so the word gets around.
Proper Forum Manners? Completely Acceptable? Sorry, did not receive my copy of the Cycling Forums rule book when I signed up.

frusso10 said:
Proper Forum Manners? Completely Acceptable? Sorry, did not receive my copy of the Cycling Forums rule book when I signed up.

General manners, not specific to Cycling Forums, here's a description that'll only take 2 minutes to read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

Forum etiquette
Certain rules of unspoken etiquette should be followed when using Internet forums. They include:

<snip>

Before creating a new topic thread, search to see if a similar topic already exists.

We're mostly an OK bunch of folks here. I apologize if my little joke left you with the impression otherwise.

DiabloScott said:
General manners, not specific to Cycling Forums, here's a description that'll only take 2 minutes to read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

Forum etiquette
Certain rules of unspoken etiquette should be followed when using Internet forums. They include:

<snip>

Before creating a new topic thread, search to see if a similar topic already exists.

We're mostly an OK bunch of folks here. I apologize if my little joke left you with the impression otherwise.

Good thing I read this. I was just about to start a Lance doping thread.

Man, with all the pissing and sniping on this thread, I thought I was in some 12 year old girls' chat room!:eek:

tonyzackery said:
Man, with all the pissing and sniping on this thread, I thought I was in some 12 year old girls' chat room!:eek:
And would you share with the class how you come to know what a 12 Y O girls chat room sounds like sir ??

Cowboy up frusso, here's your sign . "You F'd up - you trusted us "

9.8mps2 said:
And would you share with the class how you come to know what a 12 Y O girls chat room sounds like sir ??

Cowboy up frusso, here's your sign . "You F'd up - you trusted us "
I have a 14yo girl, dingdong. Anymore brilliant questions???? And yes, as a good parent should, I check-up on her on-line activities...nice try Einstein...Also, I use my real name here, what are you afraid of frusso??

frusso10 said:
Did Lance retire ? :rolleyes:

Relax, we are just giving you a bad time. You will discover that there are some really, really, really, fast cut and paster's around here.

lw

tonyzackery said:
I have a 14yo girl, dingdong. Anymore brilliant questions???? And yes, as a good parent should, I check-up on her on-line activities...nice try Einstein...Also, I use my real name here, what are you afraid of frusso??
MY real name happens to be Einstein, so thank you . I figured you had a youngster, but I did not figure on you having the same slow uptake on sarcastic humor as frusso . It's all relative.

Dingdong Einstein