I've changed my ways

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Monsur Fromage du Pollet, Mar 10, 2005.

  1. I'm not hahabogus anymore.

    Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
    Continuing to be Manitoban

    Tags:

  2. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
    > I'm not hahabogus anymore.

    What's up with that, Monsier? (sp sweetie)

    Jill

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Jill wrote:

    > Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
    >> I'm not hahabogus anymore.

    > What's up with that, Monsier? (sp sweetie)

    Okay, if you're going to correct someone's spelling, then get YOUR spelling
    correct! The word is "Monsieur."

    Bob

  4. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > Jill wrote:
    >
    >> Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
    >>> I'm not hahabogus anymore.

    >> What's up with that, Monsier? (sp sweetie)

    > Okay, if you're going to correct someone's spelling, then get YOUR
    > spelling correct! The word is "Monsieur."
    >
    > Bob

    Hell, I'm just joshing him and I don't speak french!

    Jill

  5. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "Monsur Fromage du Pollet" <[email protected]> wrote

    > I'm not hahabogus anymore.

    I'll forever miss my man, ha.

    nancy

  6. AlleyGator

    AlleyGator Guest

    Monsur Fromage du Pollet <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm not hahabogus anymore.

    Oh, no not you too.
    What did YOU do?

  7. On Thu 10 Mar 2005 04:37:05p, Bob wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > Jill wrote:
    >
    >> Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
    >>> I'm not hahabogus anymore.

    >> What's up with that, Monsier? (sp sweetie)

    > Okay, if you're going to correct someone's spelling, then get YOUR
    > spelling correct! The word is "Monsieur."
    >
    > Bob

    Maybe he meant "monsignor"!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

  8. "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:bE4Yd.33907$%[email protected]:

    > Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
    > > I'm not hahabogus anymore.

    > What's up with that, Monsier? (sp sweetie)
    >
    > Jill

    You Spell it your way I'll spell My New Name my way...Seems fair to me.

    Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
    Continuing to be Manitoban

  9. aem

    aem Guest

    Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:

    > You Spell it your way I'll spell My New Name my way...Seems fair to

    me.

    Mister Chicken's [poulet] Cheese? Is that what you're going for?

  10. "Monsur Fromage du Pollet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > You Spell it your way I'll spell My New Name my way...Seems fair to me.

    I think Monsur has a certain joy de viver to it.

    Charlie

  11. "aem" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
    > >
    > > You Spell it your way I'll spell My New Name my way...Seems fair to

    > me.
    > >

    > Mister Chicken's [poulet] Cheese? Is that what you're going for?

    Actually I've been taking myself too serious lately...hence the name
    change....It's been around about 7 years or so since I changed it
    last...Time to move on. Plus It slows down the Spammers. I don't make fun
    of your name, why take mine lightly? I pick my new name because of the
    way it trips off your tongue...any resemblance to 'real' French is
    imaginary. I toyed also with Mr Manly Man and Mr Libdo Incognito for a
    while.

    Now on to food the reason for this NewsGroup. I've been invited out for
    Easter Dinner...I've decided to take a crockpot cooked Pork Picnic roll
    and a J. Pepin Wild blueberry Tart. Both are easy and tasty.

    For the pork picnic roll you just cook (in a crockpot) around 3 kilograms
    prepared Pork Shoulder Roast (pretend ham) seasoned/sprinkled with onion
    soup powder and cooked for around 10 hrs. Till it is extremely tender and
    will fall apart unless handled very carefully. Goes well with Turkey.

    The J. Pepin Wild Blueberry tart takes way less time.

    BlueBerry Tart

    none

    3/4 cup pecan peices
    3/4 cup Sugar
    3 tbsp all purpose flour
    1 lb frozen unsweetened blueberries; wild variety prefered
    1 9 inch frozen/fresh pie shell
    1 cup sour cream

    preheat oven to 400F

    Place pecans, sugar, flour in the bowl of a food processor and process
    till powdered. Combine in a bowl the powder with the frozen blueberries
    (mix well).
    Pour into pie Crust.

    Place tart on a foil lined cookie sheet (prevents spilly clean ups). Bake
    for 50-60 minutes, until the pie crust is lightly browned on top.

    Cool for at least 1 hour.

    To serve cut into wedges and garnish with sour cream.

    Contributor: "The Short-Cut Cook" by Jacque Pepin page 247

    Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
    Continuing to be Manitoban

  12. "Charles Gifford" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "Monsur Fromage du Pollet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > You Spell it your way I'll spell My New Name my way...Seems fair
    > > to me.
    > >

    > I think Monsur has a certain joy de viver to it.
    >
    > Charlie

    Finally a Supporter! Does joy de viver rhyme with Liver?

    Just to keep your energy up for the upcoming tribulations, till folk get
    used to it.

    @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

    Apple And Butternut Squash Bisque

    soups

    1 1/2 pounds butternut squash,; seeded, peeled , cut up
    2 tart green apples -; peeled,- coarsely chopped
    1 pinch rosemary and marjoram
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 teapoon brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
    1 quart chicken stock
    1/2 stick butter
    2 tablespoons flour
    1 1/2 cups half and half

    Combine squash, apples, onion, rosemary, marjoram, salt, sugar, pepper
    and
    stock in heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer one hour.

    Strain squash and apples from soup, puree in electric blender or food
    processor and return to soup.

    Melt butter in a separate saucepan. Add flour, mix well and pour soup
    through a strainer over the flour mixture, a little at a time. Stir well
    with a whisk. Bring to a boil.

    Stir half-and-half into soup and heat through but do not boil.

    Source:
    'Ann Criswell's 'Houston Gourmet Cooks' (out of print). Served at Joe
    Mannke's Rotisserie for Beef and Bird Restaurant, Houston, TX.'

    Dora
    [email protected]

    Yield: erving size : 6

    Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
    Continuing to be Manitoban

  13. JimLane

    JimLane Guest

    aem wrote:
    > Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
    >
    >>You Spell it your way I'll spell My New Name my way...Seems fair to

    > me.
    >
    > Mister Chicken's [poulet] Cheese? Is that what you're going for?

    Hmmm, cheesy chicken. . . reminds me of enchiladas suizas.

    jim

  14. sf

    sf Guest

    Oh, you'll be back to the old moniker, you always return to hahabogus
    because.... way down deep - that't who you really are.

    :)
    ````````
    Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
    > I'm not hahabogus anymore.

  15. Katra

    Katra Guest

  16. Monsur Fromage du Pollet <[email protected]>, if that's their real name,
    wrote:

    > I toyed also with ... Mr Libdo Incognito for a while.

    I LOVE THAT ONE!!! Change it! Change it!

    Carol

  17. Wazza

    Wazza Guest

    "Monsur Fromage du Pollet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm not hahabogus anymore.
    >
    > --
    > No Bread Crumbs were hurt in the making of this Meal.
    > Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
    > Continuing to be Manitoban

    thats A1c, as in HbA1c, and it is usually quoted in %, unless in the
    US/Canada. 5.6% suggests you are not diabetic! 5.6mmol is fine too.
    cheers
    Wazza

  18. "Wazza" <[email protected]>, if that's their real name,
    wrote:

    >"Monsur Fromage du Pollet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> No Bread Crumbs were hurt in the making of this Meal.
    >> Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
    >> Continuing to be Manitoban

    >thats A1c, as in HbA1c, and it is usually quoted in %, unless in the
    >US/Canada. 5.6% suggests you are not diabetic! 5.6mmol is fine too.
    >cheers
    >Wazza

    He's diabetic, all right. He just keeps it under tight control.

    Carol

  19. Wazza

    Wazza Guest

    "JimLane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > aem wrote:
    > > Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
    > >
    > >>You Spell it your way I'll spell My New Name my way...Seems fair to

    > > me.
    > >
    > > Mister Chicken's [poulet] Cheese? Is that what you're going for?
    > >

    > Hmmm, cheesy chicken. . . reminds me of enchiladas suizas.

    wasn't that a car?

  20. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    > On Thu 10 Mar 2005 04:37:05p, Bob wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >
    > > Jill wrote:

    > >> What's up with that, Monsier? (sp sweetie)

    > > Okay, if you're going to correct someone's spelling, then get YOUR
    > > spelling correct! The word is "Monsieur."
    > >
    > > Bob

    > Maybe he meant "monsignor"!

    Screw it, let's just refer to him as "mons". <--- niche name

    Sheldon