I've decided on a Giant VT3!

Mrbonk

Guest
Greetings, After speaking at length with the guy at the bike
shop, I've decided on a Giant VT3 as my new MTB. I can't
wait :) It's going to be such a step up from this POS
Malvern Star thing I've been riding until now!!

Upon the recommendation of those who replied to my original
request for info on the Mongoose series of MTB's, I decided
to give them a wide berth. Good thing too, according to the
bike shop guy.....in his words, "Yeah, they look good, but
that's about it." :)

MrBonk www.mrbonk.com

MrBonk wrote:
> Greetings, After speaking at length with the guy at the
> bike shop, I've decided on a Giant VT3 as my new MTB. I
> can't wait :) It's going to be such a step up from this
> POS Malvern Star thing I've been riding until now!!
>
> Upon the recommendation of those who replied to my
> original request for info on the Mongoose series of MTB's,
> I decided to give them a wide berth. Good thing too,
> according to the bike shop guy.....in his words, "Yeah,
> they look good, but that's about it." :)
>
> MrBonk www.mrbonk.com

I think that you'll enjoy it. I've got a VT and have had a
lot of fun with
it.Just check that the rear shock is mounted correctly
with the red cap up and the blue knobs down. The end of
the seatpost hits the blue rebound adjust knob in the
other position.
--
Westie (Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

I have the VT 2 and my Blue knob is up, close to the seat
post. no sign of any damage. I've asked the LBS and they say
it's mounted correctly. see link
VT3:*http://www.giantbicycles.com/cn/catalogue_popup.asp?sP-
ageID=popup&popuptype =zoom&modelid=10040*
VT4:*http://www.giantbicycles.com/cn/catalogue_popup.asp?sP-
ageID=popup&popup type=zoom&modelid=10038*

CS

"Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> MrBonk wrote:
> > Greetings, After speaking at length with the guy at the
> > bike shop, I've decided on a Giant VT3 as my new MTB. I
> > can't wait :) It's going to be such a step up from this
> > POS Malvern Star thing I've been riding until now!!
> >
> > Upon the recommendation of those who replied to my
> > original request for info on the Mongoose series of
> > MTB's, I decided to give them a wide berth. Good thing
> > too, according to the bike shop guy.....in his words,
> > "Yeah, they look good, but that's about it." :)
> >
> > MrBonk www.mrbonk.com
>
> I think that you'll enjoy it. I've got a VT and have had a
> lot of fun
with
> it.Just check that the rear shock is mounted correctly
> with the red cap up
and
> the blue knobs down. The end of the seatpost hits the blue
> rebound adjust knob in the other position.
> --
> Westie (Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

Portable Splat Graphics top-posted:

> I have the VT 2 and my Blue knob is up

Nah, too easy.

Bill "some bikes'll affect you that way" S.

Portable Splat Graphics wrote:
> I have the VT 2 and my Blue knob is up, close to the seat
> post. no sign of any damage. I've asked the LBS and they
> say it's mounted correctly. see link
> VT3:

*http://www.giantbicycles.com/cn/catalogue_popup.asp?sPageI-
D=popup&popuptype
> =zoom&modelid=10040*

VT2:*http://www.giantbicycles.com/cn/catalogue_popup.asp?sP-
ageID=popup&popup
> type=zoom&modelid=10038*

Ahhh. I see that they've changed it. Hasn't always been
like that....

http://www.giant-
bicycle.com/au/030.000.000/030.000.000.asp?dealerid=&dealer-
country=&lYear=2004&bikesection=8787&range=43&model=9746

Try putting your seat right down as if you're doing a steep
downhill and see what the end of the seat post hits.