I've just spent an hour...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Dave W, Oct 25, 2003.

  1. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    Being enlightened By Mr. Rarricks words at the OTE website. While I do not enjoy being brow beaten
    by the likes of JD and Petey. Their cause is just (their methods suck though!)

    After reading Mr. Rarrick and his staffs words on their website, I am beginning to understand
    exactly what they are saying in regards to saving singletrack. Not only in Fruitia, but everywhere
    it is threatened! Fruitia, it seems, is in a war with the BLM concerning their apparently legally
    built singletrack. Some of you who post here, (and elsewhere) have had the pleasure of riding the
    trails that are now in jeopardy. I, unfortunalty for me, have not. And, if the current plan goes
    through, I will never be able to. And neither will you.

    It is apparent to me that the people at OTE, (and prolly JD hisself) are VERY VERY passionate about
    their singletrack. And probably not just theirs. I have seen JD' pics, as well as others, from the
    region. And to me it is understandable. Fruitia appears to be home of some of the sweetest "looking"
    singletrack in the world! (I say looking as I have not had the honor of riding there myself)

    I would therefore like to offer my apologies to JD and Petey, for slagging them in regards to their
    advocacy efforts in saving the N. Fruitia desert. I've been doing a lot of reading on this subject
    over the last few days and I feel it is appropriate for me to do so. (Petey, your site is having
    problems so I can't tell what you have posted concerning this problem recently)

    Here are a few links that I picked off the OTE website for those that are interested.

    This one is about the current problem faced, as well as a refresher on proper trail ettiquette;

    http://www.otesports.com/advocacy/index.cfm

    Here's the actual plan (it's a bit lengthy, like this post :)

    http://www.co.blm.gov/news/northfruitaplan.htm

    Read down the page for a few other listings as well.

    Hope this helps those of you who might be interested. We've all seen Per's recent spread about his
    vacation in the Grand Valley area recently. And I for one am anxious to go there myself. I hope
    these trails will still be there when I get to.

    Thanks for reading,

    Dave W. Sharpsburg, GA

    Tags:

  2. Dave said:

    <snip good sense which we didn't expect - kudos>

    But I've gotta do this, Dave..... Fruitia? Too many "i"s, my boy. FRUITA.

    Steve (yes, predictable)

  3. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    > Dave said:
    >
    > <snip good sense which we didn't expect - kudos>

    perfectly understandable.

    > But I've gotta do this, Dave..... Fruitia? Too many "i"s, my boy. FRUITA.

    Well, I tried ;-)

    > Steve (yes, predictable)

    damn, was that the only one Steve? Not too shabby then I quess.

  4. Dave W wrote:
    >>Dave said:
    >>
    >><snip good sense which we didn't expect - kudos>
    >

    > perfectly understandable.
    >

    >>But I've gotta do this, Dave..... Fruitia? Too many "i"s, my boy. FRUITA.
    >

    > Well, I tried ;-)
    >

    >>Steve (yes, predictable)
    >>

    > damn, was that the only one Steve? Not too shabby then I quess.

    JD and I have had words, I don't know too much about him. But from what you say, it would seem as
    though his heart is in the right place. Honestly, after I take my flaming like a man, I would like
    to get to know him a bit better. ehhhem.

  5. Jonesy

    Jonesy Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Being enlightened By Mr. Rarricks words at the OTE website. While I do not enjoy being brow beaten
    > by the likes of JD and Petey.

    They "browbeat" you because you are an asshole. It's just that simple.

    > Their cause is just (their methods suck though!)

    As a perfect illustration of my above comment.

    > It is apparent to me that the people at OTE, (and prolly JD hisself) are VERY VERY passionate
    > about their singletrack. And probably not just theirs. I have seen JD' pics, as well as others,
    > from the region. And to me it is understandable. Fruitia appears to be home of some of the
    > sweetest "looking" singletrack in the world! (I say looking as I have not had the honor of riding
    > there myself)

    If I were you, I'd go incognito when you *do* go.

    Being an ass and using schoolyard crap like "Petey" means your apology ain't worth shit. But it's
    amusing to see you squirm nonetheless.

    Everyone (except you, evidently) knew you were wrong on this subject from the git-go. While I am
    always an optimist, I do not foresee you coming to terms with your lack of social skills any time in
    the near future, this revelation aside.

    I look forward to your belligerent, non-sensical, juvenile reply.
    --
    Jonesy

    E-mail me: rfjonesy *at* hotmail *dot* com

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Jonesy) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dave Wimp <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > It is apparent to me that the people at OTE, (and prolly JD hisself) are VERY VERY passionate
    > > about their singletrack. And probably not just theirs. I have seen JD' pics, as well as others,
    > > from the region. And to me it is understandable. Fruitia appears to be home of some of the
    > > sweetest "looking" singletrack in the world! (I say looking as I have not had the honor of
    > > riding there myself)
    >
    > If I were you, I'd go incognito when you *do* go.

    He'll never come here because he could never back up this cheap threat that was issued to me:

    From: freightGOD ([email protected]) Subject: Re: CycleJay is now in Atlanta.. Newsgroups:
    alt.mountain-bike Date: 2001-07-11 07:31:27 PST

    I'd like to take my big black boot and shove it so far up your ass, you'd have a HITECH logo stamped
    on your adams apple. I don't recommend violence. But I would make an exception for you.

    JD

  7. Notaknob

    Notaknob Guest

    > > If I were you, I'd go incognito when you *do* go.
    >
    > He'll never come here because he could never back up this cheap threat that was issued to me:
    >
    > From: freightGOD ([email protected]) Subject: Re: CycleJay is now in Atlanta.. Newsgroups:
    > alt.mountain-bike Date: 2001-07-11 07:31:27 PST
    >
    > I'd like to take my big black boot and shove it so far up your ass, you'd have a HITECH logo
    > stamped on your adams apple. I don't recommend violence. But I would make an exception for you.

    Hmm, I think I'll stick with Italian shoes. I certainly don't want to be mistaken for a certain boy
    from Georgia next time I'm on the western slope.

    nk

  8. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    >> > If I were you, I'd go incognito when you *do* go.

    Why? should I be frightened?

    >> He'll never come here because he could never back up this cheap threat that was issued to me:

    <snip JD' emotional baggage>

    I wouldn't think of threatening the great and wonderous OZ? I mean it's so 2 1/2 years ago. Still it
    is not a direct threat. You should let go of the baggage, or see if your shrink can help you find
    your way...you seem to be lost in history...

    Dave (those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it...)

  9. On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 02:41:24 -0000, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Dave (those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it...)

    ROTFLMAO!

    That's enough irony to satisfy the amb irony quota for the next few months.

  10. Jd

    Jd Guest

    > Why? should I be frightened?

    Nice job of selective editing, dummy. Spider wrote that, as anyone who can use google could
    easily tell.

    > >> He'll never come here because he could never back up this cheap threat that was issued to me:

    <added again because wimp edited his own evil doing>

    >> I'd like to take my big black boot and shove it so far up your ass, you'd have a HITECH logo
    >> stamped on your adams apple. I don't recommend violence. But I would make an exception for you.

    Another nice job of selective editing, dummy. Anyone could clearly tell the above is an obvious
    threat. Call it "emotional baggage", or whatever you wish, it's stll an obvious threat.

    > I wouldn't think of threatening the great and wonderous OZ?

    But you did, moron and more than once.

    > I mean it's so 2 1/2 years ago.

    It was a threat, plain and simple, no matter when it happened.

    > Still it is not a direct threat.

    Let's repeat it again, shall we? If this is not a direct threat, what is it, a love poem?

    >> I'd like to take my big black boot and shove it so far up your ass, you'd have a HITECH logo
    >> stamped on your adams apple. I don't recommend violence. But I would make an exception for you.

    > You should let go of the baggage, or see if your shrink can help you find your way...you seem to
    > be lost in history...

    You should let go of the bong, or just go away...you seem to be lost in a cloud of THC...

    > Dave (those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it...)

    Yeah, your stupidity must have sent you many places and into even more situations you couldn't
    handle. You're so eleven bravo, you may as well have had a lobotomy.

    JD

  11. Vfttr

    Vfttr Guest

  12. Vfttr

    Vfttr Guest

    > Call it "emotional baggage", > JD

    Call it as it is, that you are a deadbeat dad and he see's his kids EVERY DAY while you are out
    riding your bike. A REAL dad would live near his kid

  13. Vfttr

    Vfttr Guest

    > Dave Wimp <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > >
    > > Why? should I be frightened?
    >
    > Nice job of selective editing, dummy. Spider wrote that, as anyone who can use google could
    > easily tell.

    > <added again because wimp edited his own evil doing>
    >
    > >> I'd like to take my big black boot and shove it so far up your ass, you'd have a HITECH logo
    > >> stamped on your adams apple. I don't recommend violence. But I would make an exception for you.
    >
    > Another nice job of selective editing, dummy. Anyone could clearly tell the above is an obvious
    > threat. Call it "emotional baggage", or whatever you wish, it's stll an obvious threat.
    >
    > > I wouldn't think of threatening the great and wonderous OZ?
    >
    > But you did, moron and more than once.
    >
    > > I mean it's so 2 1/2 years ago.
    >
    > It was a threat, plain and simple, no matter when it happened.
    >
    > > Still it is not a direct threat.
    >
    > Let's repeat it again, shall we? If this is not a direct threat, what is it, a love poem?
    >
    > >> I'd like to take my big black boot and shove it so far up your ass, you'd have a HITECH logo
    > >> stamped on your adams apple. I don't recommend violence. But I would make an exception for you.
    >
    > > You should let go of the baggage, or see if your shrink can help you
    find
    > > your way...you seem to be lost in history...
    >
    > You should let go of the bong, or just go away...you seem to be lost in a cloud of THC...
    >
    > > Dave (those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it...)
    >
    > Yeah, your stupidity must have sent you many places and into even more situations you couldn't
    > handle. You're so eleven bravo, you may as well have had a lobotomy.
    >
    > JD

    JD,

    The one week/weak dad

  14. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    >> Dave Wimp <[email protected]> wrote in message
    I-------------------------------I

    how old are you really?

    >> > Why? should I be frightened?
    >>
    >> Nice job of selective editing, dummy. Spider wrote that, as anyone who can use google could
    >> easily tell.

    The question remains. No matter if Basketball Jones wrote it or not..

    > threat
    >>
    >> <added again because wimp edited his own evil doing>

    because it doesn't mean that much to me. But you just can't seem to let it go...I've done all the
    apologizing I intend too, just get over it crybaby. I just didn't realize I meant so much to you...

    <snipped JD's 2 1/2 y.o emotional baggage again>

    Since when is a persons "want" considered a threat oh mystical OZ? I mean we've all seen you
    threaten atv'ers in this forum, or anyone else who cannibalizes "your" trails. A bit of a double
    standard eh...hypocrite!

    >> Another nice job of selective editing, dummy. Anyone could clearly tell the above is an obvious
    >> threat. Call it "emotional baggage", or whatever you wish, it's stll an obvious threat.

    So, call the cops then Mr. 911 operator. Sounds to me like your scared. I didn't threaten you. I
    expressed my opinion, isn't America wonderful?

    >> > I wouldn't think of threatening the great and wonderous OZ?
    >>
    >> But you did, moron and more than once.

    Call the law or quityerbitchin crybaby...did I make the carnival sideshow cry? whhaaaaaa

    >> > I mean it's so 2 1/2 years ago.
    >>
    >> It was a threat, plain and simple, no matter when it happened.

    No, it wasn't. Kindly provide some statutes Mr. dispatch.

    Still it is not a direct threat.

    >> Let's repeat it again, shall we? If this is not a direct threat, what is it, a love poem?

    Well I would have "liked" too then. But as I am a non violent type. I would never dream of it.
    Unless of course it was self defense. Which brings me back to my original question. Should I be
    frightened? Are you saying that I should be worried about my well being if I ever get the chance to
    come enjoy the world class, well known trails in Fruita?

    > You should let go of the baggage, or see if your shrink can help you find
    >> > your way...you seem to be lost in history...
    >>
    >> You should let go of the bong,

    I still have my Tommy Chong Bong. How much do ya' think I could get off of E-bay for it. It hasn't
    been used in quite a while.

    >> or just go away...you seem to be lost in a cloud of THC...

    I think the cold weather has fried your brain. And if these idiots would quit quoting you, I would
    never see a post from your part of the world. A shame really. I think you're actually alright. CDB
    seems to think so, and I respect his opinion. You're in my killfile. It's apparent we will NEVER get
    along. That's your fault. Well at least you don't consider yourself a christian. I've forgiven you.

    >> > Dave (those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it...)
    >>
    >> Yeah, your stupidity must have sent you many places and into even more situations you couldn't
    >> handle.

    Yeah, that's why I'm still around huh. I've gone SO SO many places, have experienced so many
    negative situations. Why, I ought to be dead for sure...what a joke!

    >> You're so eleven bravo, you may as well have had a lobotomy.

    Lucky for me I haven't. Not so lucky for the likes of you though. I'm still here.

    Clyde told me to just let it go a long time ago. I try too, but you aren't willing to let me. Oh
    well. I quess I attacked your manhood, and cannot be forgiven. That's life.

    Dave (back in your box JD, until you feel the need to air your emotional baggage again, which I'm
    sure you will)

  15. Vfttr

    Vfttr Guest

  16. On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 13:48:57 -0000, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

    <snip typical flailing>

    > And if these idiots would quit quoting you, I would never see a post from your part of the world.

    > I've forgiven you.

    >Clyde told me to just let it go a long time ago. I try too, but you
    aren't
    >willing to let me.

    Just when you think Dave can't post anything that is more contradictory, muddle-headed, and
    downright childish out pops this gem of a post.

    Quality stuff!

  17. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Dave Wimp <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >> Dave Wimp <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I-------------------------------I
    >
    > how old are you really?

    You already know that, being so obsessed with me.

    > >> Nice job of selective editing, dummy. Spider wrote that, as anyone who can use google could
    > >> easily tell.
    >

    > The question remains. No matter if Basketball Jones wrote it or not..

    Ask him, dummy. He wrote it.

    > threat
    > >>
    > >> <added again because wimp edited his own evil doing>

    >> I'd like to take my big black boot and shove it so far up your ass, you'd have a HITECH logo
    >> stamped on your adams apple. I don't recommend violence. But I would make an exception for you.

    > because it doesn't mean that much to me.

    How about this one, dummy?

    Date: 2001-09-15 01:36:10 PST
    > You'd better hope our path's do not EVER cross bitch...

    I guess that's just another bout of paranoia for me, though it's obviously not a thinly
    veiled threat.

    > Since when is a persons "want" considered a threat oh mystical OZ? I mean we've all seen you
    > threaten atv'ers in this forum, or anyone else who cannibalizes "your" trails. A bit of a double
    > standard eh...hypocrite!

    Please, post for everyone a quote from me threatening anyone. I don't need to issue cheap threats
    like the cheap punk that you are. Feel free to use Google and make sure you add the dates and/or
    post header without your usual brand of punk-editing.

    > >> Another nice job of selective editing, dummy. Anyone could clearly tell the above is an obvious
    > >> threat. Call it "emotional baggage", or whatever you wish, it's stll an obvious threat.
    >
    > So, call the cops then Mr. 911 operator. Sounds to me like your scared. I didn't threaten you. I
    > expressed my opinion, isn't America wonderful?

    You're not worth hassling even Barney Fife for a threat report. You did and have threatened on more
    than one occasion, dumbass.

    > No, it wasn't. Kindly provide some statutes Mr. dispatch.
    >
    > Still it is not a direct threat.

    Your world, or lack tthereof, sure is funny.

    > >> Let's repeat it again, shall we? If this is not a direct threat, what is it, a love poem?
    > >>

    > Well I would have "liked" too then. But as I am a non violent type. I would never dream of it.
    > Unless of course it was self defense. Which brings me back to my original question. Should I be
    > frightened? Are you saying that I should be worried about my well being if I ever get the chance
    > to come enjoy the world class, well known trails in Fruita?

    You are a dumbass, aren't you? Ask Spider, he posted that, for the third time dummy.

    JD

  18. Vfttr

    Vfttr Guest

    From: [email protected] (JD) Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike Subject: Re: My homies Date: 1 Mar 2003
    13:17:30 -0800 Organization: http://groups.google.com/ Lines: 50 Message-ID:
    <[email protected]> References:
    <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
    <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
    <[email protected]>
    <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
    2003 21:17:30 GMT) X-Complaints-To: [email protected] NNTP-Posting-Date: 1 Mar 2003
    21:17:30 GMT

    When a bum approaches me and asks me for money, I tell them tha the only thing I would be willing to
    give them is a boot to the head. If they have the gall to call me "brother" (many do for some
    reason), then they get an additonal line, "My brothers have a job and bathe regularly, you smelly
    bastard." All bums deserve a boot to the head, including e-bums. I find a youngster like Cox rather
    despicable and severely lacking any self respect. He needs to get back to washing dishes at Denny's
    so he can afford his adult bmx bike.

    JD

  19. Vfttr

    Vfttr Guest

    From: [email protected] (JD) Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike Subject: Re: Sorry for the Rant:) Date: 4
    Jun 2003 10:02:47 -0700 Organization: http://groups.google.com/ Lines: 11 Message-ID:
    <[email protected]> References: <[email protected]>
    17:02:47 GMT) X-Complaints-To: [email protected] NNTP-Posting-Date: 4 Jun 2003 17:02:47 GMT

    "Snyperx" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > My apologies to anyone my previous offends (excluding Mike of course).
    Mike
    > torked me off and I needed to vent.

    How adult of you, admitting that you were trolled into that reaction. It's happened to most of us at
    an early point, then we just ignore the
    psycho. It's people like that dickweed jeff strickland that need a boot to the head for consistently
    clogging up AM-B with his oh so skillful (ha) rebuffing of the troll's posts.

    JD

  20. Jd

    Jd Guest

    From: [email protected] (JD) Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike Subject: Re: My homies Date: 1 Mar 2003
    13:17:30 -0800 Organization: http://groups.google.com/ Lines: 50 Message-ID:
    <[email protected]> References:
    <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
    <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
    <[email protected]>
    <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
    (1 Mar 2003
    21:17:30 GMT) X-Complaints-To: [email protected] NNTP-Posting-Date: 1 Mar 2003 21:17:30 GMT

    When a bum approaches me and asks me for money, I tell them tha the only thing I would be willing to
    give them is a boot to the head. If they have the gall to call me "brother" (many do for some
    reason), then they get an additonal line, "My brothers have a job and bathe regularly, you smelly
    bastard." All bums deserve a boot to the head, including e-bums. I find a youngster like Cox rather
    despicable and severely lacking any self respect. He needs to get back to washing dishes at Denny's
    so he can afford his adult bmx bike.

    JD

    > From: [email protected] (JD) Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike Subject: Re: Sorry for the Rant:) Date:
    > 4 Jun 2003 10:02:47 -0700 Organization: http://groups.google.com/ Lines: 11 Message-ID:
    > <[email protected]> References: <[email protected]>
    > 17:02:47 GMT) X-Complaints-To: [email protected] NNTP-Posting-Date: 4 Jun 2003 17:02:47 GMT
    >

    > "Snyperx" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > My apologies to anyone my previous offends (excluding Mike of course).
    > Mike
    > > torked me off and I needed to vent.
    >
    > How adult of you, admitting that you were trolled into that reaction. It's happened to most of us
    > at an early point, then we just ignore the
    > psycho. It's people like that dickweed jeff strickland that need a boot to the head for
    > consistently clogging up AM-B with his oh so skillful (ha) rebuffing of the troll's posts.
    >
    > JD

    Can you say "grasping at straws"?

    So tell us all, are you a bum? Do you feel threatened because you are a bum? When did you ever see
    me threatening a bum? How many bums do you think have taken me up on an offer to give them a boot to
    the head? How many law-abiding bums do you think have felt threatened by me? Where did I threaten
    GBH to any particular bum? You're pathetic.

    The second one is even more of a reach. Are you trying to say that I threatened that tool jeff
    strickland? He's barely worth mention, let alone any form of attention, negative or otherwise. An
    observation is not a threat, so try again dumbass.

    JD