I've stumped the mechanic with my rear shift issue.

Originally Posted by alfeng

AGAIN, WHAT is the incline of the roadway when the shifting is balky?

Roughly, how fast-or-slow would you say the bike is moving at the time?

No offense, but if you cannot be more specific about the conditions other than to say "sometimes" AND if the solutions which have been offered have not pointed you in the right direction, then your query is almost as meaningless as asking whether it will rain on October 14th.

GEEZ ...
While it certain could be a warranty issue, the shifter is only 1+ year old ...

Time to consider CAMPAGNOLO SHIFTERS!!!
big-smile.png

Of course, THAT comment is to lighten-the-mood after my chastising the OP for his/her ridiculously vague description of the problem ...

But, first ...

The OP needs to try to confirm that the problem is NOT the Cassette by swapping the current wheel with another & isolate each component, individually.

THAT also means that the OP should have someone else try the particular wheel/Cassette on another bike.

ALSO, when the problem occurs, then s/he should turn around and replicate the "moment" by riding across the same roadway AND executing the same shift, again.
My bad, I thought I was pretty specific, and certainly not ridiculously vague, and I don't remember seeing anyone ask what the incline of the roadway or the speed was at the time of the issue.
So here's some specificity. I took the photo on a consistent stretch of road where I was testing the shifting.
I guess I should have switched screens and photographed the speed and watts as well, but speed, incline, power, etc, have not made a difference. Trying to get a clear photo was tough.
Anyway, I've got it significantly better than it was and a new cassette and chain will come before The Assault on Mt. Mitchell in May.
The "B" adjustment screw and a cable adjustment to bring the barrel adjuster back from the outer limit of it's range seemed to do the most to help.
Thanks for your help.

ps. this is my warm up...thus the low watt average
wink.png