j.kohse-a new video, sicka what?!

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by cruisecontrol, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. sup uni peeps,

    i havent made a video in awhile and i found some extra footy hangin
    around so i jumbled it into a little videar for you folks.

    Its about 15 megs, 3 mins long i think, give or take a few
    secccconds...

    annnnd ummm yeah, i do realize i spelt "friends" wrong in the credits,
    so shuuuutttt uppp.

    haha alright, enjoy

    http://tinyurl.com/8bcyr

    jkohse

    --
    cruisecontrol
    cruisecontrol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10970

  2. taz

    taz Guest

  3. That was great! I really liked that 360 down the stairs, there was
    something about it that looked really nice...the way you sort of
    flicked in around like you did, or something. Good to see someone else
    filming in 16:9 too. And that grind on the other side of the rail
    (whatever that's called in street terms) was really amazing.

    Andrew

    --
    andrew_carter

    ...well that's what i think anyway.
    *'unicycling tips and tutorials' (http://www.unicycle.2ya.com) |
    'my photos and videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/andrew) |
    '\\"dancing about architecture\\"'
    (http://www.dancingaboutarchitecture.com.au)*

  4. trials2k

    trials2k Guest

    andrew_carter wrote:
    > I really liked that 360 down the stairs, there was something about it
    > that looked really nice...the way you sort of flicked in around like
    > you did, or something. Andrew

    yeah i also thought that was a really nice 360, it looked real smooth
    and flashy.. probly helped with the camera angle, but very nice!!

    at the start i thought it was a Justin Kohse Movie of u stacking
    ahahaha, but turned out short and sweet ;) :cool:

    --
    trials2k

    Live and Die on a uni;) **
    trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

  5. pete66

    pete66 Guest

    andrew_carter wrote:
    > Good to see someone else filming in 16:9

    Where did you get that from Mr Carter? I saw a messed up fisheye lens
    going on but no sign of the widescreen...

    Nice riding Justin,*switch to defect style slow-mo voice*:*that switch
    grind was clean*:cool:

    --
    pete66
    pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

  6. pete66 wrote:
    > Where did you get that from Mr Carter? I saw a messed up fisheye lens
    > going on but no sign of the widescreen...
    >
    > Nice riding Justin,*switch to defect style slow-mo voice*:*that switch
    > grind was clean*:cool:

    Have another look, some of the clips are letterboxed top and bottom to
    make them a 16:9 shot within a 4:3 overall movie.

    Andrew

    --
    andrew_carter

    ...well that's what i think anyway.
    *'unicycling tips and tutorials' (http://www.unicycle.2ya.com) |
    'my photos and videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/andrew) |
    '\\"dancing about architecture\\"'
    (http://www.dancingaboutarchitecture.com.au)*

  7. Erant

    Erant Guest

    You spelt friends wrong ;)

    Nice movie, that lipslide (isn't that what a grind on the other side of
    the rail is called?) looked amazing, and very clean.

    --
    Erant

    Live free, prosper, and under my rule.
    Erant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9986

  8. pete66

    pete66 Guest

    andrew_carter wrote:
    > Have another look, some of the clips are letterboxed top and bottom to
    > make them a 16:9 shot within a 4:3 overall movie.
    >
    > Andrew

    Right you are, I didn't notice that... still though, in my true video
    camera geekiness I'd say that letterboxing is a bit different to
    shooting in true 16:9 (with 16:9 CCDs etc.)

    --
    pete66
    pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

  9. mango

    mango Guest

    Very slick, justin! That crossover grind (?) made my jaw drop. Ive only
    tried that a few times and ate it hard almost everytime (ie grinding
    the rail on the side of my ribcage :eek: ). You got some cajones/skill!

    --
    mango

    *Neener, neener, neener. *-harper
    mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

  10. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    very awesome movie, I liked the music, Reel Big Fish is awesome :)
    the grind on the opposite side of the rail was really really cool.

    --
    James_Potter

    to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

    mikael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

  11. Spudman

    Spudman Guest

    Crankflips and 360 unispins on a -24-! And you landed most of those
    grinds really nicely. Good job!

    --
    Spudman

    *| B B|* This space owned by Fly ':cool:'
    *| I O |* This space owned by Frees*TYLER!*
    *| L A |* *MERCYME owns this space!!!* . . . . . . . . .*X*
    <--Chosen's spot
    *| L R |* This space owned by unijesse
    *|__'-' (www.selectric.org)____'D'
    (http://www.cathodecorner.com/nixiewatch/index.html)___|* This space
    rendered by forrest. . . . . A spot for Evan Byrne--> *X*
    Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

  12. wooooohooo thanks guys,

    i had fun makin it, and that trick over the rail is called a "blunt"
    slide.

    and yeah i did point out at first that i spelt friends wrong so nobody
    would correct be but you know, whatvskeees.

    laaaaaids,
    justin

    --
    cruisecontrol
    cruisecontrol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10970

  13. Erant

    Erant Guest

    cruisecontrol wrote:
    > wooooohooo thanks guys,
    >
    > i had fun makin it, and that trick over the rail is called a "blunt"
    > slide.
    >
    > and yeah i did point out at first that i spelt friends wrong so nobody
    > would correct be but you know, whatvskeees.
    >
    > laaaaaids,
    > justin

    Actually, I wouldn't have said it if you didn't obviously point it out
    in the first place ;)

    --
    Erant

    Live free, prosper, and under my rule.
    Erant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9986

  14. koebwil

    koebwil Guest

    cruisecontrol wrote:
    > i had fun makin it, and that trick over the rail is called a "blunt"
    > slide.

    I would call it a "Far side". "Blunt" implies the tire touching the
    rail throughout the grind. That's beside the point though. Amazing
    video.

    --
    koebwil

    "I used to eat erasers in grade school...." James_Potter
    koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308

  15. refuze

    refuze Guest

  16. Brian O.

    Brian O. Guest

  17. Hey, 'bout time you put up another online vid! That was awsome. Blunt
    grind was real smooth, as already metioned...

    nice.

    --
    forrestunifreak

    I do not believe in computer programers.
    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

    "If I am ever that good I will be in a constant state of crapping my
    pants." ~ koebwil

  18. uniMcPeat

    uniMcPeat Guest

  19. musketman

    musketman Guest

    that was friggen sweet! First off i like how you use the 24" wheel
    enstead of a 20", i was begining to think i was the only one who uses a
    24" for everything.

    Those grinds were sweet too! Nice unispins also!

    P.S. what kind of camera are you using in this vid?

    --
    musketman
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

  20. chosen