Jack Daniels Barbecue Sauce

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Old Magic1, Feb 21, 2005.

  1. Old Magic1

    Old Magic1 Guest

    > From: Greg <[email protected]>
    > I'm Looking for homemade bar bq sauces recipes some not some not .I love
    > it spicy but my mum can not eat it like that.
    > so all who can help a BIG thank you
    > Gin

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Jack Daniels Barbecue Sauce

    Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Barbecue sauces

    1/2 lg Onion -- chopped
    4 Cloves garlic -- chopped
    2 cup Ketchup
    1/3 cup Vinegar
    1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 cup Brown sugar -- packed
    3/4 cup Molasses
    1/2 tsp Pepper
    1/2 Tbsp Salt
    1/4 cup Tomato paste
    2 tsp Liquid Barbecue SmokeAE
    1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce -- to taste
    Burbon or whisky -- to
    Taste

    Combine onion, garlic and burbon in a 3 qt saucepan. Saute until onion and
    garlic are translucent, about 10 min. Flame if possible. Add all remaining
    ingredients, bring to boil, then turn down mixture to a medium simmer.
    Simmer for 20 min. stirring constantly. Run through strainer if you want a
    smooth sauce. Makes 4 cups.

    Old Magic 1

    --
    Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at [email protected].
    Archives: http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/