jacket sizing

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by jahona, Feb 23, 2005.

1. jahona

jahona New Member

:confused: I've been riding and racing for a couple of years now but have been doing so with out a jacket. I've finally fed up with trying to combat the 30F or less Iowa winters and am in the market for a jacket. I was just wondering about sizing. Do I have to go up a size to allow room for layering underneath the jacket or do their sizes already have that in mind? If I would normally wear a large(42) should I go up to an XL(45)?thanks

Tags:

2. jordon198

jordon198 New Member

I think that you'd be better off going up a size. That having been said, It seems that sizes of all cycling clothing is very dependent on the brand, if there was anyway to try it on in person rather than buying online I'd go that route. If not, pay attention to the measurements that they provide ( arm pit to arm pit, and collar to bottom ) rather than the size itself.

I'm in Georgia now where we don't have a real winter, but spent 12 years in Kansas, I know that you must be really looking forward to Spring.

3. jahona

jahona New Member

I was thinking about buying a jacket from Pearl Izumi. Anybody know how they fit usually?

4. meehs

meehs New Member

Their stuff runs pretty small from my experience. Like European stuff.

5. RC2

RC2 New Member

I have 1 PI L and 1 XL that fit identically... try 'em on first. You can find PI basics anywhere. Just got this one in XL and it's wonderful, very light weight, can't even fell that you have it on. No insulation and single walled so not for VERY cold days, but I love the light weight and it's pretty breathable. That said, it's an XL and I almost always wear XL size tops.

http://www.pearlizumi.com/pearlizum...ubID=18&iProductID=3696&iProductColorsTB=9411