Jacket zipper woes!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by BrianInnes, Dec 4, 2005.

  1. BrianInnes

    BrianInnes Guest

    I've been baffled for the past few weeks by little fuzzy patches
    appearing on my lycra tights + shorts.

    It looks like i've finally figured out what is causing the little fuzzy
    patches: the metal base of the zipper on my endura cycling jacket!

    Going to try and fashion a little "zip garage" out of some black fleecy
    material to try and save my tights from getting worn through!

    In the event that the tights do wear through, is it easy enough to
    patch lycra?

    thanks in advance

    --
    Brian

    Tags:

  2. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    BrianInnes wrote:

    > Going to try and fashion a little "zip garage" out of some black fleecy
    > material to try and save my tights from getting worn through!

    Good idea.

    > In the event that the tights do wear through, is it easy enough to
    > patch lycra?

    No, but if it is lock stitch knitted then it will make a hole but not
    spread too far.

    ...d

  3. "BrianInnes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I've been baffled for the past few weeks by little fuzzy patches
    > appearing on my lycra tights + shorts.
    >
    > It looks like i've finally figured out what is causing the little fuzzy
    > patches: the metal base of the zipper on my endura cycling jacket!
    >
    > Going to try and fashion a little "zip garage" out of some black fleecy
    > material to try and save my tights from getting worn through!
    >
    > In the event that the tights do wear through, is it easy enough to
    > patch lycra?
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > --
    > Brian

    Mine did that too - I changed the zip for a nylon one (the original was
    wearing out anyway)

  4. Paulmouk

    Paulmouk Guest

    "BrianInnes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I've been baffled for the past few weeks by little fuzzy patches
    > appearing on my lycra tights + shorts.
    >
    > It looks like i've finally figured out what is causing the little fuzzy
    > patches: the metal base of the zipper on my endura cycling jacket!
    >
    > Going to try and fashion a little "zip garage" out of some black fleecy
    > material to try and save my tights from getting worn through!
    >
    > In the event that the tights do wear through, is it easy enough to
    > patch lycra?
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > --
    > Brian

    Can't help with your problem but can advise against their jackets.

    Mine has a large fuzzy patch on the shoulder. Caused by the Velcro on the
    hood fastening sticking to the jacket.

    Such small metal tags on the zip jacket front and pockets that I have to
    remove gloves and still struggle to grip the tag.

    Such thick, stiff wrap-round flaps on the cuffs that the Velcro can't keep
    the cuffs fastened. The flaps spring open; I've even had the Velcro replaced
    at the local tailors but it still happens.

    Paul.

    PS Apart from that I like the jacket and wear it a lot for walking.

  5. Paulmouk

    Paulmouk Guest

    "Paulmouk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "BrianInnes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> I've been baffled for the past few weeks by little fuzzy patches
    >> appearing on my lycra tights + shorts.
    >>
    >> It looks like i've finally figured out what is causing the little fuzzy
    >> patches: the metal base of the zipper on my endura cycling jacket!
    >>
    >> Going to try and fashion a little "zip garage" out of some black fleecy
    >> material to try and save my tights from getting worn through!
    >>
    >> In the event that the tights do wear through, is it easy enough to
    >> patch lycra?
    >>
    >> thanks in advance
    >>
    >> --
    >> Brian

    > Can't help with your problem but can advise against their jackets.
    >
    > Mine has a large fuzzy patch on the shoulder. Caused by the Velcro on the
    > hood fastening sticking to the jacket.
    >
    > Such small metal tags on the zip jacket front and pockets that I have to
    > remove gloves and still struggle to grip the tag.
    >
    > Such thick, stiff wrap-round flaps on the cuffs that the Velcro can't keep
    > the cuffs fastened. The flaps spring open; I've even had the Velcro
    > replaced at the local tailors but it still happens.
    >
    > Paul.
    >

    > PS Apart from that I like the jacket and wear it a lot for walking.

    Whoops. Sorry. I don't know why this didn't attach to the thread below.
    Paul