Jagwire Road Pro Cable Set for Campy

gkamieneski

Sep 11, 2003
Jagwire states that their Road Pro cable set is for Shimano/SRAM. I have Campagnolo brakes and 8-speed Chrorus shifting but with only downtube Synchro shifters, no Ergo.

The Jagwire set appeals to me because of the available colors and functionality, but can I use it with Campy regardless of the Shimano/SRAM specification, or is there a difference in the end buttons on the cables that would prevent me from doing so?

Why buy a set? The LBS has rolls of wire which they probably cut to size and then attach the stoppers.

Btw... Road cables?
big-smile.png
Don't like the sound of that...
big-smile.png
The brake cables I use, already have strings getting cut around bends and I think they are MTB grade.
big-smile.png

Are there any "Gravity" cables?
big-smile.png
Don't mind the extra 2grams and non-aero profile...
big-smile.png

FYI. The diecast ends on Shimano-compatible cables is infinitesimally larger than the diecast ends on post-1998 Campagnolo-spec'd cables ...

• I don't recall if the pre-1998 nesting holes are the same as on subsequent shifters & brake levers
  • of course, the derailleur cables for the Power Shift shifters is a weird, 3mm (?) diameter casting

You can easily reduce the diecast ends with a FLAT FILE or some EMERY CLOTH or Sandpaper.

Re-use your OEM housing ends with the new Jagwire housing? IIRC the Jagwire housing comes in 4 MM and 5 MM O.D.'s.

Take your OEM housing end/cable stop into the LBS and see if it slips over the Jagwire housing.