Jagwire Road Pro Cable Set for Campy

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by gkamieneski, Oct 23, 2014.

1. gkamieneski

gkamieneski New Member

Jagwire states that their Road Pro cable set is for Shimano/SRAM. I have Campagnolo brakes and 8-speed Chrorus shifting but with only downtube Synchro shifters, no Ergo.

The Jagwire set appeals to me because of the available colors and functionality, but can I use it with Campy regardless of the Shimano/SRAM specification, or is there a difference in the end buttons on the cables that would prevent me from doing so?

Tags:

2. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

Why buy a set? The LBS has rolls of wire which they probably cut to size and then attach the stoppers.

Btw... Road cables? [​IMG] Don't like the sound of that... [​IMG] The brake cables I use, already have strings getting cut around bends and I think they are MTB grade. [​IMG]

Are there any "Gravity" cables? [​IMG] Don't mind the extra 2grams and non-aero profile... [​IMG]

3. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

FYI. The diecast ends on Shimano-compatible cables is infinitesimally larger than the diecast ends on post-1998 Campagnolo-spec'd cables ...

• I don't recall if the pre-1998 nesting holes are the same as on subsequent shifters & brake levers
    • of course, the derailleur cables for the Power Shift shifters is a weird, 3mm (?) diameter casting

You can easily reduce the diecast ends with a FLAT FILE or some EMERY CLOTH or Sandpaper.

4. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Re-use your OEM housing ends with the new Jagwire housing? IIRC the Jagwire housing comes in 4 MM and 5 MM O.D.'s.

Take your OEM housing end/cable stop into the LBS and see if it slips over the Jagwire housing.