Jagwire Yellow Cables

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Nelson Binch, May 21, 2003.

  1. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    Just picked up a pair of them and put them on my Big Sur (in place of failing Ride-ons.) Got them
    for cheaper than most plain cables, so I thought I'd give them a shot.

    Anyone out there had any experience with them?

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 5/19/2003

    Tags:

  2. Yellow Cables <bling> !!!!!

  3. T_blood

    T_blood Guest

    "> Anyone out there had any experience with them?

    I have some Kevlar Jagwires that survive a crash that totally destroyed the mounting bracket on my
    stem for the handlebars..I am impressed with them...Mike

  4. T_Blood wrote:
    > "> Anyone out there had any experience with them?
    >
    > I have some Kevlar Jagwires that survive a crash that totally destroyed the mounting bracket on my
    > stem for the handlebars..I am impressed with them...

    I have the Kevlar Jagwire(OEM) re-branded by GT, in the "weave" pattern on The Pig, and on the
    Beer'Cross.

    Both bikes have a full front-to-rear "cable-in-housing" run to prevent contamination. It's great
    stuff, works flawlessly but is pricy (unless you can find the re-branded GT stuff on close-out
    somewhere ;-) and it is TOUGH stuff.

  5. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | T_Blood wrote:
    | > "> Anyone out there had any experience with them?
    | >
    | > I have some Kevlar Jagwires that survive a crash that totally destroyed
    the
    | > mounting bracket on my stem for the handlebars..I am impressed with them...
    |

    | I have the Kevlar Jagwire(OEM) re-branded by GT, in the "weave" pattern on The Pig, and on the
    | Beer'Cross.
    |
    | Both bikes have a full front-to-rear "cable-in-housing" run to prevent contamination. It's great
    | stuff, works flawlessly but is pricy (unless you can find the re-branded GT stuff on close-out
    | somewhere ;-) and it is TOUGH stuff.

    Most of my bikes now have the same cable set, rebranded Giant. Looks great, especially since I
    substituted the little ferrule nipples with the red tubing that came with Flak Jacket sets. These
    cables I'm talking about are like the black, Teflon coated cables except they are another material
    and are a dark yellow. They're slick as all get out.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 5/19/2003