Jalabert to retire in October

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Guest, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

from cyclingnews.com

Tags:

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Arrrggg, at this rate there will be nobody left to watch in a few months time :mad:

3. Guest

Guest Guest

yeah everyone is either being done for dope or they're getting to old...... hehe

The 1973-78 generation is starting to win races now......I miss indurain :'(

4. Vo2

Vo2 Member

Indurain vs. Armstrong in the mountains - now that would of been awesome!

I'm sad to see JaJa go. He's given us some good entertainment in the mountains during the years.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

JaJa was more a 'low' mountian rider.....not a pure climber, he was also a great sprinter in his early days. Does everone remember the french copper who stepped out in front of the bunch as they were sprinting for the line in an early 90's TDF? JaJa was one of the worst injured in the pile-up.....not bad for someone who could have won a TDF IMO.

To change from a sprinter to someone who can get over the thoughest climbs takes something special. He's one of the best riders we'll live to see.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

He made a great run at it today. While I pull for Lance to win thte Tour, I was pulling for Jalabert today to hold on and win the stage. It was difficult to watch him crack at the end and then inspirational to see him pull himself back together for a respectable finish.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

i've said it before and i'll say it again, JaJa is one of the best riders we'll live to see. ;D

I havent seen the highlights from that stage.....i'm counting down the minutes to 6pm when theyre shown ;D ;D

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry Steve,
    I'll try to refrain from discussing the stages in the AM here in the US I forget that you guys may not see it till later. It kind of ruins the fun if you know how it ends.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Nah its ok...most of us would had seen the results and stage reports on the net anyway :)