James Bike Forum

Frigo's Luggage

Sep 16, 2006
What the hell is up with this James Bike Forum? They are registering users under some of our names and copying posts from here to make it look as if there are actually people on the forum.

A post by James on a board when setting up his site:

I just wanted to let you know lisa that I wrote about a paragraph long message to post here about my website, and when I was done, I hit "Submit new thread" and it asked for me to log in, and when I hit back my message was gone and the box was empty, and when I logged in the box was empty that burned a hole through me
cursing.gif
because I thought I expressed my concerns well, but I will try again.
I'm trying to create a website on bikes, but Its not very informative and I'm having trouble getting visitors. Though the google ads are in an great position for accidental clickers (If you miss the scroll bar you hit an ad). My site however suffers from a lack of content. But I cannot create new content everday because my mind is not as creative, and versitle as others, so I need to setup the site well the first time/month and run some ads on it, and include some interactive add-ons, such as a tag-board, a forum, a chat, and maybe even some games so my site will run on auto-pilot, and will have no need for updated content. I don't mean to take the lazy route but like I said, my mind just isn't as creative and versitle enough to keep creating new content everyday. On the other hand I know Html, and javascript like the back of my hand. I know the Back-end very well, But I'm just having trouble creating a website that is worthy of repeat-visitors.

-James
http://www.jamesbikerblog.com/

He admits he is stupid and lazy. He is doing it for money. He appears to be either young or immature. Despite mkaing the statement "[size=-1]Im a member of the staff at JamesBikerBlog.com" in spam on this site, he is alone (Big surprise there).
[/size]

From whois data:

Domain Name.......... jamesbikerblog.com
Creation Date........ 2007-12-18
Registration Date.... 2007-12-18
Expiry Date.......... 2008-12-18
Organisation Name.... James Anderson
Organisation Address. 6902 Cameron Crest Cir
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Raleigh
Organisation Address. 27613
Organisation Address. NC
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES Admin Name........... James Anderson
Admin Address........ 6902 Cameron Crest Cir
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Raleigh
Admin Address........ 27613
Admin Address........ NC
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... [email protected]
Admin Phone.......... +1.9102003011
Admin Fax............

Bro Deal said:
From whois data:
Organisation Name.... James Anderson
Organisation Address. 6902 Cameron Crest Cir
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Raleigh
Organisation Address. 27613
Organisation Address. NC
Admin Email.......... [email protected]
Admin Phone.......... +1.9102003011
Thanks BD. James, hope you enjoy your magazine subscriptions!

Geez...he's in trouble now...we know where he lives.

I thought for sure the guy was a non-english speaking European. His spelling and grammar are not good.

Stealing handles from here and impersonating people is really low. OTOH I suppose he could be smarter than all of us. He has certainly received a lot of attention (albeit not good) from us.

thoughtforfood said:
Note to self: Never **** with the guys over at cyclingforums.com.
Yeah...Six months in here and you either have become a fully qualified internet ninja with a cynical vindictive streak...or you left well before the six months were up.:D .

Crankyfeet said:
Yeah...Six months in here and you either have become a fully qualified internet ninja with a cynical vindictive streak...or you left well before the six months were up.:D .
Let it be noted that James was given several opportunities to just go away. But he pressed the issue. Payback is a b****.

Frigo's Luggage said:
What the hell is up with this James Bike Forum? They are registering users under some of our names and copying posts from here to make it look as if there are actually people on the forum.
As some consolation Frigo...I'm a little jealous that he chose you as an elite, respected CF poster. Its something of a compliment.:rolleyes:

You obviously have quite a presence here.:)

Crankyfeet said:
As some consolation Frigo...I'm a little jealous that he chose you as an elite, respected CF poster. Its something of a compliment.:rolleyes:

You obviously have quite a presence here.:)
Thanks. But I'm not sure the guy can read.

thoughtforfood said:
Note to self: Never **** with the guys over at cyclingforums.com.
ROTFL. You are correct.

I wonder what this guy is thinking. ' Stealing' posts from cyclingforums after he has spammed here... does he actually believe that the posters here would not realise this?

:rolleyes:

Frigo's Luggage said:
Whoa! That's really low-class. For a while, there was speculation in the FID thread as to what interest you had in jamesbikerforum Frigo. Well, even if nothing else happens, at least the folk here gave him some work to do yesterday :)

Duh, didn't realize this was already posted. By the way, what happened to the edit feature?