James Carney and Michael Blatchford No-Show at Los Angeles World Cup

cat6

New Member
Jun 2, 2004
Anyone know what happened to Michael Blatchford and Jame Carrey?

They were in start protocols, but Jame Carrey did not ride points or scratch race nd Blatchford was MIA as well..

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:40:28 +1100, cat6
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Anyone know what happened to Michael Blatchford and Jame Carrey?
>
>They were in start protocols, but Jame Carrey did not ride points or
>scratch race nd Blatchford was MIA as well..

Dumbass,

Define "protocols"

Neither Blatchford or Carney are listed in the official start list:

http://tinyurl.com/ynlkmp

Nor is Carney in the US "Talent Pool":

http://tinyurl.com/29elt5

I do not believe that Carney's team is a UCI Pro Track team. And last
time I checked - he's in Australia.

Blatchford is not listed I the start list either.

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Anyone know what happened to Michael Blatchford and Jame Carrey?
>
>They were in start protocols, but Jame Carrey did not ride points or
>scratch race nd Blatchford was MIA as well..

Dumbass,

Define "protocols"

Neither Blatchford or Carney are listed in the official start list:

http://tinyurl.com/ynlkmp

Nor is Carney in the US "Talent Pool":

http://tinyurl.com/29elt5

I do not believe that Carney's team is a UCI Pro Track team. And last
time I checked - he's in Australia.

Blatchford is not listed I the start list either.

Dumbass read this!
LA track world cup begins
More than 290 athletes from over 50 teams and 35 countries will compete this weekend at the UCI track cycling world cup in Los Angeles, California, January 19-21. It is a record-high number of competitors that will top the previous two World Cups at the velodrome, located in Carson.

New countries participating this year include Ireland, the Philippines, Puerto Rico, Scotland and Uzbekistan. The following riders will complete the US team for this weekend's events.

Women
Sarah Hammer (Temecula, California)
Kristin Armstrong (Boise, Idaho)
Becky Quinn (Carlsbad, California)
Neva Day (Manhattan Beach, California)
Jennie Reed (Kirkland, Washington)
Anna Lang (La Jolla, California)
Liz Reap-Carlson (Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania)

Men
Giddeon Massie (Colorado Springs, Colorado)
Adam Duvendeck (Santa Barbara, California)
Michael Blatchford (Cypress, California)
Ben Barczewski (Breiginsville, Pennsylvania)
Kevin Selker (Boulder, Colorado)
Tom Zirbel (Boulder, Colorado)
Bobby Lea (Taneytown, Maryland)
Austin Carroll (Orange, California)
Brad Huff (Fair Grove, Missouri)
Michael Creed (Colorado Springs, Colorado)
Jame Carney (Macungie, Pennsylvania)

In article <[email protected]>,
cat6 <[email protected]> wrote:

> Anyone know what happened to Michael Blatchford and Jame Carrey?
>
> They were in start protocols, but Jame Carrey did not ride points or
> scratch race nd Blatchford was MIA as well..

Carney and TEAM FUJI were entered, and there were numbers and an entry
packet at registration (for Brazil and Peru as well - also no-shows).

The word on Carney at the event was that he was getting over bronchitis
in December and wasn't ready to ride.

Mike G.
-