Jamis Bike dealer in UK?

smeg

Jan 2, 2005
Does anyone know where a Jamis bike dealer is in the UK? If anyone knows what the Jamis Satellite is liek please give me your opinion.

I don't know about Jamis dealers in the UK. Have you tried contacting Jamis and asking them to refer you to a dealer? I have tried a 2004 Satellite though and I think it's a great bike for the money. It's definitely on the heavy side, but the ride is very comfortable and all the componentry seemed to work just fine.

I recently bought a Jamis Dakar frame. It's waiting for a paycheck to come so it can have some components.

Never owned one before, so I can't wait to get it built.

cydewaze said:
I recently bought a Jamis Dakar frame. It's waiting for a paycheck to come so it can have some components.

Never owned one before, so I can't wait to get it built.

The shop where I work has carried Jamis for years, and they are absolutely fantastic bikes, and a phenominal value. I own a couple of them, as do several friends. Agreed that the Satellite is a top-notch bike for the money. A Bianchi Brava, for example, has cheaper drivetrain componentry, yet costs nearly $100 more. The Satellite also has the same frame geometry as the Quest, which got an Editor's Choice award in the most recent Bicycling magazine.

punkerfinger said:
The shop where I work has carried Jamis for years, and they are absolutely fantastic bikes, and a phenominal value. I own a couple of them, as do several friends. Agreed that the Satellite is a top-notch bike for the money. A Bianchi Brava, for example, has cheaper drivetrain componentry, yet costs nearly $100 more. The Satellite also has the same frame geometry as the Quest, which got an Editor's Choice award in the most recent Bicycling magazine.

THanks for the info. If anyone can tell me if theres any cheap online sites that sell Jamis bikes and ship to Uk please tell me.
Regards SAM

smeg said:
Does anyone know where a Jamis bike dealer is in the UK? If anyone knows what the Jamis Satellite is liek please give me your opinion.
I've recently bought the sattelite from a place in charnock richard which is near chorley , lancashire, called buy a bike direct. I've not rode a massive amount of bikes but its by far and away the best bike ive ridden, and great value for money!!