Jan Elects to Train

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Davey Crockett, May 1, 2004.

  1. Scratching himself at the last minute from the Frankfurt Grand Prix/Rund um der Henniger Turm, Ullrich elected to train today.
    --
    le Vent a Dos
    Davey Crockett

    Tags:

  2. wannagofast

    wannagofast Guest

    So...I guess the race would not give him a sufficient work out, his
    condition must be awesome, no I mean aweful.

    "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]rs.com...
    > Scratching himself at the last minute from the Frankfurt Grand Prix/Rund

    um der Henniger Turm, Ullrich elected to train today.
    > --
    > le Vent a Dos
    > Davey Crockett
    > Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

  3. TritonRider

    TritonRider Guest

    >[email protected]

    >Scratching himself at the last minute from the Frankfurt Grand Prix/Rund um
    >der Henniger Turm, Ullrich elected to train today.
    >--
    >le Vent a Dos
    >Davey Crockett

    Being a Jan fan, and being a german racing fan(never found a term equivalent
    to Tifosi, If you've got one let me know) this is incredibly telling. If
    nothing else I would've expected him to be there to work for Wesseman or Zabel.
    I think it's gonna be a long year.
    Forza Tyler!
    Bill C

  4. Simon

    Simon Guest

    <Snip>

    > I think it's gonna be a long year.

    I think your right on this one. Jan could be going to use the tour as
    training for the Olympics and worlds, perhaps the Veulta. Anyone who skips a
    race to train, is on a longer path....

    Simon

  5. [email protected] (TritonRider) writes:

    >>[email protected]

    >>Scratching himself at the last minute from the Frankfurt Grand Prix/Rund um
    >>der Henniger Turm, Ullrich elected to train today.
    >>--
    >>le Vent a Dos
    >>Davey Crockett

    > Being a Jan fan, and being a german racing fan(never found a term equivalent
    > to Tifosi, If you've got one let me know)

    ``Schlachtenbummler'' is about all I can think of offhand that even comes close and which covers just about everything from soccer hooligans to Nanas

    --
    le Vent a Dos
    Davey Crockett
    Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

  6. jim gravity

    jim gravity Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > <Snip>
    >
    > > I think it's gonna be a long year.

    > I think your right on this one. Jan could be going to use the tour as
    > training for the Olympics and worlds, perhaps the Veulta. Anyone who skips a
    > race to train, is on a longer path....
    >
    > Simon

    And I think he's right on this one:

    > > Forza Tyler!
    > > Bill C

  7. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Simon <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Anyone who skips a race to train, is on a longer path....

    Am I the only one who thinks that maybe his racing schedule
    is selected so that his Tour prep isn't disrupted by any
    dope testing?

    This wouldn't be the first year he's approached July with
    no result that would involve a test.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email protected]

  8. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Simon <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Anyone who skips a race to train, is on a longer path....

    > Am I the only one who thinks that maybe his racing schedule
    > is selected so that his Tour prep isn't disrupted by any
    > dope testing?
    >
    > This wouldn't be the first year he's approached July with
    > no result that would involve a test.

    What, like in 2002?

  9. Roger Ramjet

    Roger Ramjet Guest

    What a stupid comment. You obvioulsy are not aware of the out of
    compeition, random testing all riders are subject to.

    "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Simon <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Anyone who skips a race to train, is on a longer path....

    > Am I the only one who thinks that maybe his racing schedule
    > is selected so that his Tour prep isn't disrupted by any
    > dope testing?
    >
    > This wouldn't be the first year he's approached July with
    > no result that would involve a test.
    >
    > Bob Schwartz
    > [email protected]

  10. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Roger Ramjet <[email protected]> wrote:
    > What a stupid comment. You obvioulsy are not aware of the out of
    > compeition, random testing all riders are subject to.

    Indeed, I am not. Fill me in.

    Bob "obvioulsy stupid" Schwartz
    [email protected]

  11. On Tue, 04 May 2004 14:43:29 -0000, Bob Schwartz wrote:
    >> You obvioulsy are not aware of the out of
    >> compeition, random testing all riders are subject to.

    > Indeed, I am not. Fill me in.

    Remember the ecstacy incident with Ullrich?

  12. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 May 2004 14:43:29 -0000, Bob Schwartz wrote:
    >>> You obvioulsy are not aware of the out of
    >>> compeition, random testing all riders are subject to.

    >> Indeed, I am not. Fill me in.

    > Remember the ecstacy incident with Ullrich?

    Sure. A random dope test, applied purely at random and a time
    when his relationship with the team was on the skids, due in
    no small measure to the random acts of irresponsible
    behavior he was engaging in. Yes, I know. I am such a cynic.

    Even so, I believe the testing authority was the Telekom team
    and would not apply to 'all riders'.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email protected]

  13. Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Tue, 04 May 2004 14:43:29 -0000, Bob Schwartz wrote:
    > >> You obvioulsy are not aware of the out of
    > >> compeition, random testing all riders are subject to.

    > > Indeed, I am not. Fill me in.

    > Remember the ecstacy incident with Ullrich?

    (begin to stir pot)
    How about the timing of that Random out of competition drug test, eh?

    (add a couple pitchers bier and a couple pills)
    Pretty amazing they turned up the morning after that little incident.

    (a dubious looking eye of newt)
    What would they expect to find, but 30 proof pee? Not illegal, yet,
    was alcohol? I'm sure if it was, Edita Rumsas would have had a few
    bottles of Smirnoff and a slow drip kit with her at the border.

    (Lipton Instant Wing of Bat EXP:04/92)
    Do the UCI vampires have a habit of lurking outside bars favored by
    cyclists or was it a set up?

    (pinch of salt)
    Who were these friends anyway? Agents of competitors or UCI plants?

    (allow to cool)
    Who would benefit from Der Kaiser's suspension?

    (draw 10cc and inject)
    I mean, why would a rider out for rehabilitation from knee surgery be
    tested after a night out with friends? Isn't that rather innocent
    behavior?

    (pee in cup)
    Then again, maybe the vampires were tipped off about a certain bicycle
    smashing hit-and-run incident and figured it would take EPO or HGH
    rather than alcohol to induce such actions.

    (repeat)