Jan has heart!

curt

Guest
No matter what happens, I have to say Jan has heart. I hope he hangs on,
but it will be more than tough to do so and I personally don't think it will
happen.

Curt

Jan vs. Lance and team. I don't think one man can fight the whole team, but
it is a great try.

Curt

"curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> No matter what happens, I have to say Jan has heart. I hope he hangs on,
> but it will be more than tough to do so and I personally don't think it

will
> happen.
>
> Curt

but still cant take a corner on the downhill......

"curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> No matter what happens, I have to say Jan has heart. I hope he hangs on,
> but it will be more than tough to do so and I personally don't think it

will
> happen.
>
> Curt

Just being very aggressive. Hope he doesn't cruise off the hill like last
year.

Curt

"Big V" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> but still cant take a corner on the downhill......
>

> "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > No matter what happens, I have to say Jan has heart. I hope he hangs

on,
> > but it will be more than tough to do so and I personally don't think it

> will
> > happen.
> >
> > Curt

Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
just doesn't spend enough time cycling.

Laz

Laz wrote:

> Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
> develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
> T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
> equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
> cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
> just doesn't spend enough time cycling.

Guys like you crack me up. You can't really believe that somehow Jan is
missing bike handling skill because he hasn't enough riding practice, do
you? What do you think, that Jan eats burgers starting in August - or
maybe September/November if he isn't of winning the Vuelta or Olymic RR
- and then goes on his hometrainer for 2 weeks in June to prepare for
the tour?
Dude, I bet his training effort is not worse than that of the most
people in the peloton, it's just maybe not up to par with opponents in
the region he wants and can compete in.

Whatever natural ability he might have, you can't do what he does
without putting a lot of effort in it.
You are devaluing his and his opponents effort if you insinuate that he
doesn't train like a pro and still beats 99% of the riders there.

Oh, and Bjarne Riis would kill his mother to have Jan in his team,
please inform yourself.

Laz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
> develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
> T-Mobile and not on CSC.

No Ulrich is with T-Mobile because he wanted to bring Penevage,
and Stenhauser with him (while maintaining his high salery).

Riis didn't allow him to bring any of them, he knows both of them from
his time at Telekom and thinks that especially Penevage is one of the
reasons for Ulrich's lack of success. It appears that Goodefrot has
the same point of viiew as Penevage has been banned form T-Mobile.

This year Riis didn't even want Ulrich - properbly because he knows that
Ulrich can't to make the necesary sacrifices.
However Ulrich still visits Riis in Italy and calls him when he's in
trouble. Ulrich knows that he finnished second in 96, won in 97 and
limeted his loses in 98 because of Riis. Since Ulrich and Riis parted
every season has been a disaster.

Even Godefrot somehow knows it. In 99 after Ulrich faild to start in TDF
Godefrot, Bölts and Telekom's managetment wanted to bring Riis in as Ulrichs
special advisor, Ulrich was supposed to live and train with Riis all
winther - Penevage oposed from the begining, but in the end Riis demanded
to be 100% in charge when it came to team selection (ment NO Zabel and no green
jersy), and tactics durring TDF as well. Of course Goodefrot couldn't accept
it as it would put Riis in control of Telekom (which is owned by
Goodefrot).
Instead Riis bought back his stocks in "Danish Professional Cycling
Team" (now "Riis Professional Cycling"), which he initiad (while still
active) in 96 along with former rideres and local buisnessmen from his
homecity, Herning. In 99 the team got a wildcard but the riders where
burned out in Juli and the sponsers was about to leave because of the
lousy debut in TDF. Allong with Riis came a new and bigger sponsor and
Riis pursuaded Jalabert to sign. - the rest is history.

No doubt that Ulrich should have signed with Riis 2003 and agreed to
whatever terms and sallery Riis could offer. But Ulrich was pursuaded
by Penevage to sign with Coast/Bianchi because they offered Penevage a
position and almost 5 times the sallery Riis could. I really think
Ulrich regrets his choise and now its too late for him to join Riis
and win TDF once more.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

PowerMac G5: 1.6GHz, 1.25GB RAM, 80GB Disk, 8x DVD+/-RW, Bluetooth mus
+ tastatur, FX5200 Ultra, iSight, eyeTV200 & Lacie Photon18Vision (TFT).

>No Ulrich is with T-Mobile because he wanted to bring Penevage,
>and Stenhauser with him (while maintaining his high salery).

(snip)

>No doubt that Ulrich should have signed with Riis 2003 and agreed to
>whatever terms and sallery Riis could offer. But Ulrich was pursuaded
>by Penevage to sign with Coast/Bianchi because they offered Penevage a
>position and almost 5 times the sallery Riis could. I really think
>Ulrich regrets his choise and now its too late for him to join Riis
>and win TDF once more.

Very interesting post, thanks - which brings us to the question as to
why Ullrich insists on keeping Pevenage around him at all costs?

"Laz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
> develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
> T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
> equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
> cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
> just doesn't spend enough time cycling.
>
> Laz

Why do you top post? Are you the Lazy Jan of the newsgroup?

With all due respect; I disagree and stand by my original statements.
If you ride, ride ALOT then bike handling becomes 2nd nature; you do
things without thinking- going around a corner like Jan does is not
the mark of someone who is at one with his bike. You said it the way I
think it is; he goes on his hometrainer. I will agree "you can't do
what he does without putting a lot of effort in it." but to me it
appears Jan simply does not put enough of it in.
As far as Riis goes; if he can get Jan cheap he would simply because
Jan as a former Tour champion would bring a lot of sponsorship money
AND Jan does have the potiential to win again. But without Riis'
dedication and attention to detail I would say Jan is a big waste of
money; a pretender, not a contender.

Laz

Ernst Noch <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Laz wrote:
>
> > Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
> > develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
> > T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
> > equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
> > cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
> > just doesn't spend enough time cycling.
> >

> Guys like you crack me up. You can't really believe that somehow Jan is
> missing bike handling skill because he hasn't enough riding practice, do
> you? What do you think, that Jan eats burgers starting in August - or
> maybe September/November if he isn't of winning the Vuelta or Olymic RR
> - and then goes on his hometrainer for 2 weeks in June to prepare for
> the tour?
> Dude, I bet his training effort is not worse than that of the most
> people in the peloton, it's just maybe not up to par with opponents in
> the region he wants and can compete in.
>
> Whatever natural ability he might have, you can't do what he does
> without putting a lot of effort in it.
> You are devaluing his and his opponents effort if you insinuate that he
> doesn't train like a pro and still beats 99% of the riders there.
>
> Oh, and Bjarne Riis would kill his mother to have Jan in his team,
> please inform yourself.

Laz, you are way off base. Jan, rides more in a week than most anyone here
rides in a month or two months for that matter. He is in the top two to
five in the world. Do you think he just hops on the bike now and again and
goes for a little ride? Please, he lives on the bicycle. On top of that,
when he descends he goes faster than many, and he is taking chances to see
if he can get back some time on Lance.

You know nothing about cycling. Jan needs a real team. T-mobile rides for
themselves. They don't resemble USPS. If there was no USPS and Lance, Jan
would have 3 or more tour victories. Of course you say he is nothing. You
are a joke and don't have a clue. I feel this year he will come in third.
I call that very respectable without a real team.

Curt

"TM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Laz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
> > develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
> > T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
> > equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
> > cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
> > just doesn't spend enough time cycling.
> >
> > Laz

> Why do you top post? Are you the Lazy Jan of the newsgroup?

I "top post" because I find it easier to read new posts that are
similarily top-posted. Don't you ? What is the big deal ?

[email protected] (Laz) writes:

Right. Bloody annoying.

Almost as bad as being a HotMail, GoogleNewz or RAAM ******

> "TM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Laz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
> > > develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
> > > T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
> > > equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
> > > cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
> > > just doesn't spend enough time cycling.
> > >
> > > Laz

> > Why do you top post? Are you the Lazy Jan of the newsgroup?

> I "top post" because I find it easier to read new posts that are
> similarily top-posted. Don't you ? What is the big deal ?

You are a jerk, curt. I know the sudden mileage Jan does to try to get
his weight down before the tour. I know about enlisting riders from
the farm team to go out with him day after day just to drag him along.
Jan has heart ? No. EPO perhaps, or some other drug few know about
yet. He had no qualms about mixing xtc and booze did he ? then
smashing his Porshe into some poor fellows bicycle and fleeing the
scene. Some hero you are defending jerk. but Jan is not a real cyclist
and like I said, you are a jerk, curt.

Laz

"curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Laz, you are way off base. Jan, rides more in a week than most anyone here
> rides in a month or two months for that matter. He is in the top two to
> five in the world. Do you think he just hops on the bike now and again and
> goes for a little ride? Please, he lives on the bicycle. On top of that,
> when he descends he goes faster than many, and he is taking chances to see
> if he can get back some time on Lance.
>
> You know nothing about cycling. Jan needs a real team. T-mobile rides for
> themselves. They don't resemble USPS. If there was no USPS and Lance, Jan
> would have 3 or more tour victories. Of course you say he is nothing. You
> are a joke and don't have a clue. I feel this year he will come in third.
> I call that very respectable without a real team.
>
> Curt
>

> "Laz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > With all due respect; I disagree and stand by my original statements.
> > If you ride, ride ALOT then bike handling becomes 2nd nature; you do
> > things without thinking- going around a corner like Jan does is not
> > the mark of someone who is at one with his bike. You said it the way I
> > think it is; he goes on his hometrainer. I will agree "you can't do
> > what he does without putting a lot of effort in it." but to me it
> > appears Jan simply does not put enough of it in.
> > As far as Riis goes; if he can get Jan cheap he would simply because
> > Jan as a former Tour champion would bring a lot of sponsorship money
> > AND Jan does have the potiential to win again. But without Riis'
> > dedication and attention to detail I would say Jan is a big waste of
> > money; a pretender, not a contender.
> >
> > Laz
> >
> > Ernst Noch <[email protected]> wrote in message

> news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Guys like you crack me up. You can't really believe that somehow Jan is
> > > missing bike handling skill because he hasn't enough riding practice, do
> > > you? What do you think, that Jan eats burgers starting in August - or
> > > maybe September/November if he isn't of winning the Vuelta or Olymic RR
> > > - and then goes on his hometrainer for 2 weeks in June to prepare for
> > > the tour?
> > > Dude, I bet his training effort is not worse than that of the most
> > > people in the peloton, it's just maybe not up to par with opponents in
> > > the region he wants and can compete in.
> > >
> > > Whatever natural ability he might have, you can't do what he does
> > > without putting a lot of effort in it.
> > > You are devaluing his and his opponents effort if you insinuate that he
> > > doesn't train like a pro and still beats 99% of the riders there.
> > >
> > > Oh, and Bjarne Riis would kill his mother to have Jan in his team,
> > > please inform yourself.

Why don't you go help curt ?

[email protected] wrote in message news:<87vfgh1rvz.fsf@cpe00024481c080-cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com>...
> [email protected] (Laz) writes:
>
> Right. Bloody annoying.
>
> Almost as bad as being a HotMail, GoogleNewz or RAAM ******
>
> > "TM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > > "Laz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > Why do you top post? Are you the Lazy Jan of the newsgroup?

> > I "top post" because I find it easier to read new posts that are
> > similarily top-posted. Don't you ? What is the big deal ?

curt, admit it, you wish you were Jan's bike so he could ride you long
and hard. Go for the gusto curt you jerk, dreams sometimes come true.