Jan has heart!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by curt, Jul 20, 2004.

  1. curt

    curt Guest

    No matter what happens, I have to say Jan has heart. I hope he hangs on,
    but it will be more than tough to do so and I personally don't think it will
    happen.

    Curt
     
    Tags:


  2. curt

    curt Guest

    Jan vs. Lance and team. I don't think one man can fight the whole team, but
    it is a great try.

    Curt


    "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > No matter what happens, I have to say Jan has heart. I hope he hangs on,
    > but it will be more than tough to do so and I personally don't think it

    will
    > happen.
    >
    > Curt
    >
    >
     
  3. Big V

    Big V Guest

    but still cant take a corner on the downhill......
    V


    "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > No matter what happens, I have to say Jan has heart. I hope he hangs on,
    > but it will be more than tough to do so and I personally don't think it

    will
    > happen.
    >
    > Curt
    >
    >
     
  4. curt

    curt Guest

    Just being very aggressive. Hope he doesn't cruise off the hill like last
    year.

    Curt


    "Big V" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > but still cant take a corner on the downhill......
    > V
    >
    >
    > "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > No matter what happens, I have to say Jan has heart. I hope he hangs

    on,
    > > but it will be more than tough to do so and I personally don't think it

    > will
    > > happen.
    > >
    > > Curt
    > >
    > >

    >
    >
     
  5. "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Jan vs. Lance and team. I don't think one man can fight the whole team,

    but
    > it is a great try.
    >
    > Curt


    Don't ever underestimate a determined German!
     
  6. Max Chuang

    Max Chuang Guest

  7. Laz

    Laz Guest

    Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
    develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
    T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
    equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
    cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
    just doesn't spend enough time cycling.

    Laz

    "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just being very aggressive. Hope he doesn't cruise off the hill like last
    > year.
    >
    > Curt
    >
    >
    > "Big V" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > but still cant take a corner on the downhill......
    > > V
    > >
    > >
    > > "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > No matter what happens, I have to say Jan has heart. I hope he hangs

    > on,
    > > > but it will be more than tough to do so and I personally don't think it

    > will
    > > > happen.
    > > >
    > > > Curt
    > > >
    > > >

    > >
    > >
     
  8. Ernst Noch

    Ernst Noch Guest

    Laz wrote:

    > Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
    > develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
    > T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
    > equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
    > cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
    > just doesn't spend enough time cycling.
    >


    Guys like you crack me up. You can't really believe that somehow Jan is
    missing bike handling skill because he hasn't enough riding practice, do
    you? What do you think, that Jan eats burgers starting in August - or
    maybe September/November if he isn't of winning the Vuelta or Olymic RR
    - and then goes on his hometrainer for 2 weeks in June to prepare for
    the tour?
    Dude, I bet his training effort is not worse than that of the most
    people in the peloton, it's just maybe not up to par with opponents in
    the region he wants and can compete in.

    Whatever natural ability he might have, you can't do what he does
    without putting a lot of effort in it.
    You are devaluing his and his opponents effort if you insinuate that he
    doesn't train like a pro and still beats 99% of the riders there.

    Oh, and Bjarne Riis would kill his mother to have Jan in his team,
    please inform yourself.
     
  9. Laz <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
    > develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
    > T-Mobile and not on CSC.


    No Ulrich is with T-Mobile because he wanted to bring Penevage,
    and Stenhauser with him (while maintaining his high salery).

    Riis didn't allow him to bring any of them, he knows both of them from
    his time at Telekom and thinks that especially Penevage is one of the
    reasons for Ulrich's lack of success. It appears that Goodefrot has
    the same point of viiew as Penevage has been banned form T-Mobile.

    This year Riis didn't even want Ulrich - properbly because he knows that
    Ulrich can't to make the necesary sacrifices.
    However Ulrich still visits Riis in Italy and calls him when he's in
    trouble. Ulrich knows that he finnished second in 96, won in 97 and
    limeted his loses in 98 because of Riis. Since Ulrich and Riis parted
    every season has been a disaster.

    Even Godefrot somehow knows it. In 99 after Ulrich faild to start in TDF
    Godefrot, Bölts and Telekom's managetment wanted to bring Riis in as Ulrichs
    special advisor, Ulrich was supposed to live and train with Riis all
    winther - Penevage oposed from the begining, but in the end Riis demanded
    to be 100% in charge when it came to team selection (ment NO Zabel and no green
    jersy), and tactics durring TDF as well. Of course Goodefrot couldn't accept
    it as it would put Riis in control of Telekom (which is owned by
    Goodefrot).
    Instead Riis bought back his stocks in "Danish Professional Cycling
    Team" (now "Riis Professional Cycling"), which he initiad (while still
    active) in 96 along with former rideres and local buisnessmen from his
    homecity, Herning. In 99 the team got a wildcard but the riders where
    burned out in Juli and the sponsers was about to leave because of the
    lousy debut in TDF. Allong with Riis came a new and bigger sponsor and
    Riis pursuaded Jalabert to sign. - the rest is history.

    No doubt that Ulrich should have signed with Riis 2003 and agreed to
    whatever terms and sallery Riis could offer. But Ulrich was pursuaded
    by Penevage to sign with Coast/Bianchi because they offered Penevage a
    position and almost 5 times the sallery Riis could. I really think
    Ulrich regrets his choise and now its too late for him to join Riis
    and win TDF once more.

    --
    Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

    PowerMac G5: 1.6GHz, 1.25GB RAM, 80GB Disk, 8x DVD+/-RW, Bluetooth mus
    + tastatur, FX5200 Ultra, iSight, eyeTV200 & Lacie Photon18Vision (TFT).
     
  10. Keith

    Keith Guest

    >No Ulrich is with T-Mobile because he wanted to bring Penevage,
    >and Stenhauser with him (while maintaining his high salery).


    (snip)

    >No doubt that Ulrich should have signed with Riis 2003 and agreed to
    >whatever terms and sallery Riis could offer. But Ulrich was pursuaded
    >by Penevage to sign with Coast/Bianchi because they offered Penevage a
    >position and almost 5 times the sallery Riis could. I really think
    >Ulrich regrets his choise and now its too late for him to join Riis
    >and win TDF once more.



    Very interesting post, thanks - which brings us to the question as to
    why Ullrich insists on keeping Pevenage around him at all costs?
     
  11. TM

    TM Guest

    "Laz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
    > develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
    > T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
    > equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
    > cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
    > just doesn't spend enough time cycling.
    >
    > Laz


    Why do you top post? Are you the Lazy Jan of the newsgroup?
     
  12. Laz

    Laz Guest

    With all due respect; I disagree and stand by my original statements.
    If you ride, ride ALOT then bike handling becomes 2nd nature; you do
    things without thinking- going around a corner like Jan does is not
    the mark of someone who is at one with his bike. You said it the way I
    think it is; he goes on his hometrainer. I will agree "you can't do
    what he does without putting a lot of effort in it." but to me it
    appears Jan simply does not put enough of it in.
    As far as Riis goes; if he can get Jan cheap he would simply because
    Jan as a former Tour champion would bring a lot of sponsorship money
    AND Jan does have the potiential to win again. But without Riis'
    dedication and attention to detail I would say Jan is a big waste of
    money; a pretender, not a contender.

    Laz

    Ernst Noch <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Laz wrote:
    >
    > > Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
    > > develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
    > > T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
    > > equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
    > > cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
    > > just doesn't spend enough time cycling.
    > >

    >
    > Guys like you crack me up. You can't really believe that somehow Jan is
    > missing bike handling skill because he hasn't enough riding practice, do
    > you? What do you think, that Jan eats burgers starting in August - or
    > maybe September/November if he isn't of winning the Vuelta or Olymic RR
    > - and then goes on his hometrainer for 2 weeks in June to prepare for
    > the tour?
    > Dude, I bet his training effort is not worse than that of the most
    > people in the peloton, it's just maybe not up to par with opponents in
    > the region he wants and can compete in.
    >
    > Whatever natural ability he might have, you can't do what he does
    > without putting a lot of effort in it.
    > You are devaluing his and his opponents effort if you insinuate that he
    > doesn't train like a pro and still beats 99% of the riders there.
    >
    > Oh, and Bjarne Riis would kill his mother to have Jan in his team,
    > please inform yourself.
     
  13. curt

    curt Guest

    Laz, you are way off base. Jan, rides more in a week than most anyone here
    rides in a month or two months for that matter. He is in the top two to
    five in the world. Do you think he just hops on the bike now and again and
    goes for a little ride? Please, he lives on the bicycle. On top of that,
    when he descends he goes faster than many, and he is taking chances to see
    if he can get back some time on Lance.

    You know nothing about cycling. Jan needs a real team. T-mobile rides for
    themselves. They don't resemble USPS. If there was no USPS and Lance, Jan
    would have 3 or more tour victories. Of course you say he is nothing. You
    are a joke and don't have a clue. I feel this year he will come in third.
    I call that very respectable without a real team.

    Curt


    "Laz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > With all due respect; I disagree and stand by my original statements.
    > If you ride, ride ALOT then bike handling becomes 2nd nature; you do
    > things without thinking- going around a corner like Jan does is not
    > the mark of someone who is at one with his bike. You said it the way I
    > think it is; he goes on his hometrainer. I will agree "you can't do
    > what he does without putting a lot of effort in it." but to me it
    > appears Jan simply does not put enough of it in.
    > As far as Riis goes; if he can get Jan cheap he would simply because
    > Jan as a former Tour champion would bring a lot of sponsorship money
    > AND Jan does have the potiential to win again. But without Riis'
    > dedication and attention to detail I would say Jan is a big waste of
    > money; a pretender, not a contender.
    >
    > Laz
    >
    > Ernst Noch <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Laz wrote:
    > >
    > > > Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
    > > > develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
    > > > T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
    > > > equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
    > > > cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
    > > > just doesn't spend enough time cycling.
    > > >

    > >
    > > Guys like you crack me up. You can't really believe that somehow Jan is
    > > missing bike handling skill because he hasn't enough riding practice, do
    > > you? What do you think, that Jan eats burgers starting in August - or
    > > maybe September/November if he isn't of winning the Vuelta or Olymic RR
    > > - and then goes on his hometrainer for 2 weeks in June to prepare for
    > > the tour?
    > > Dude, I bet his training effort is not worse than that of the most
    > > people in the peloton, it's just maybe not up to par with opponents in
    > > the region he wants and can compete in.
    > >
    > > Whatever natural ability he might have, you can't do what he does
    > > without putting a lot of effort in it.
    > > You are devaluing his and his opponents effort if you insinuate that he
    > > doesn't train like a pro and still beats 99% of the riders there.
    > >
    > > Oh, and Bjarne Riis would kill his mother to have Jan in his team,
    > > please inform yourself.
     
  14. Laz

    Laz Guest

    "TM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Laz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
    > > develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
    > > T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
    > > equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
    > > cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
    > > just doesn't spend enough time cycling.
    > >
    > > Laz

    >
    > Why do you top post? Are you the Lazy Jan of the newsgroup?
















































































































































































































    I "top post" because I find it easier to read new posts that are
    similarily top-posted. Don't you ? What is the big deal ?
     
  15. [email protected] (Laz) writes:

    Right. Bloody annoying.

    Almost as bad as being a HotMail, GoogleNewz or RAAM Wanker

    > "TM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Laz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
    > > > develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
    > > > T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
    > > > equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
    > > > cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
    > > > just doesn't spend enough time cycling.
    > > >
    > > > Laz

    > >
    > > Why do you top post? Are you the Lazy Jan of the newsgroup?

    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I "top post" because I find it easier to read new posts that are
    > similarily top-posted. Don't you ? What is the big deal ?
     
  16. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote...
    > [email protected] (Laz) writes:
    >
    > Right. Bloody annoying.
    >
    > Almost as bad as being a HotMail, GoogleNewz or RAAM Wanker


    Davey seems fixated on wanking today.
     
  17. "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> writes:

    > <[email protected]> wrote...
    > > [email protected] (Laz) writes:
    > >
    > > Right. Bloody annoying.
    > >
    > > Almost as bad as being a HotMail, GoogleNewz or RAAM Wanker

    >
    > Davey seems fixated on wanking today.


    Yeah, he's been studying Geography.

    He just discovered that Wan King was the Capital of China
     
  18. Laz

    Laz Guest

    You are a jerk, curt. I know the sudden mileage Jan does to try to get
    his weight down before the tour. I know about enlisting riders from
    the farm team to go out with him day after day just to drag him along.
    Jan has heart ? No. EPO perhaps, or some other drug few know about
    yet. He had no qualms about mixing xtc and booze did he ? then
    smashing his Porshe into some poor fellows bicycle and fleeing the
    scene. Some hero you are defending jerk. but Jan is not a real cyclist
    and like I said, you are a jerk, curt.

    Laz

    "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Laz, you are way off base. Jan, rides more in a week than most anyone here
    > rides in a month or two months for that matter. He is in the top two to
    > five in the world. Do you think he just hops on the bike now and again and
    > goes for a little ride? Please, he lives on the bicycle. On top of that,
    > when he descends he goes faster than many, and he is taking chances to see
    > if he can get back some time on Lance.
    >
    > You know nothing about cycling. Jan needs a real team. T-mobile rides for
    > themselves. They don't resemble USPS. If there was no USPS and Lance, Jan
    > would have 3 or more tour victories. Of course you say he is nothing. You
    > are a joke and don't have a clue. I feel this year he will come in third.
    > I call that very respectable without a real team.
    >
    > Curt
    >
    >
    > "Laz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > With all due respect; I disagree and stand by my original statements.
    > > If you ride, ride ALOT then bike handling becomes 2nd nature; you do
    > > things without thinking- going around a corner like Jan does is not
    > > the mark of someone who is at one with his bike. You said it the way I
    > > think it is; he goes on his hometrainer. I will agree "you can't do
    > > what he does without putting a lot of effort in it." but to me it
    > > appears Jan simply does not put enough of it in.
    > > As far as Riis goes; if he can get Jan cheap he would simply because
    > > Jan as a former Tour champion would bring a lot of sponsorship money
    > > AND Jan does have the potiential to win again. But without Riis'
    > > dedication and attention to detail I would say Jan is a big waste of
    > > money; a pretender, not a contender.
    > >
    > > Laz
    > >
    > > Ernst Noch <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:<2m5e[email protected]>...
    > > > Laz wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
    > > > > develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
    > > > > T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
    > > > > equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
    > > > > cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
    > > > > just doesn't spend enough time cycling.
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > > Guys like you crack me up. You can't really believe that somehow Jan is
    > > > missing bike handling skill because he hasn't enough riding practice, do
    > > > you? What do you think, that Jan eats burgers starting in August - or
    > > > maybe September/November if he isn't of winning the Vuelta or Olymic RR
    > > > - and then goes on his hometrainer for 2 weeks in June to prepare for
    > > > the tour?
    > > > Dude, I bet his training effort is not worse than that of the most
    > > > people in the peloton, it's just maybe not up to par with opponents in
    > > > the region he wants and can compete in.
    > > >
    > > > Whatever natural ability he might have, you can't do what he does
    > > > without putting a lot of effort in it.
    > > > You are devaluing his and his opponents effort if you insinuate that he
    > > > doesn't train like a pro and still beats 99% of the riders there.
    > > >
    > > > Oh, and Bjarne Riis would kill his mother to have Jan in his team,
    > > > please inform yourself.
     
  19. Laz

    Laz Guest

    Why don't you go help curt ?

    [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]rs.com>...
    > [email protected] (Laz) writes:
    >
    > Right. Bloody annoying.
    >
    > Almost as bad as being a HotMail, GoogleNewz or RAAM Wanker
    >
    > > "TM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > "Laz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]
    > > > > Despite his enormous natural ability, Jan has not the discpline to
    > > > > develop his talent. He is lazy. Riis knows it, that is why he's on
    > > > > T-Mobile and not on CSC. You cannot says because of his size, or
    > > > > equiptment he descends poorly, Sean Yates was a comparable large
    > > > > cyclist and he could descend like a demon. Jan rides poorly because he
    > > > > just doesn't spend enough time cycling.
    > > > >
    > > > > Laz
    > > >
    > > > Why do you top post? Are you the Lazy Jan of the newsgroup?

    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I "top post" because I find it easier to read new posts that are
    > > similarily top-posted. Don't you ? What is the big deal ?
     
  20. Laz

    Laz Guest

    curt, admit it, you wish you were Jan's bike so he could ride you long
    and hard. Go for the gusto curt you jerk, dreams sometimes come true.

    "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just being very aggressive. Hope he doesn't cruise off the hill like last
    > year.
    >
    > Curt
    >
    >
    > "Big V" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > but still cant take a corner on the downhill......
    > > V
    > >
    > >
    > > "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > No matter what happens, I have to say Jan has heart. I hope he hangs

    > on,
    > > > but it will be more than tough to do so and I personally don't think it

    > will
    > > > happen.
    > > >
    > > > Curt
    > > >
    > > >

    > >
    > >
     
Loading...
Loading...