Jan in the US?

tas1978

Jan 20, 2005
Is it total coincidence that Jan is in the US for "various meetings" at the same time that Discovery is having the first training camp of the year?

With Ivan and Levi on Disco, I don't think Jan would be interested in joining them.

I suspect it would get pretty expensive to have both Ivan and Jan on the same team...

I wonder if Ivan will ride the Giro and TdF going for the double next year?

Powerful Pete said:
I suspect it would get pretty expensive to have both Ivan and Jan on the same team...

I wonder if Ivan will ride the Giro and TdF going for the double next year?
Ivan will ride both.

Powerful Pete said:
Ah but no amount of money would be too expensive to get to see the heads of certain people in this forum explode if Discovery signed both Ivan and Jan. That would be priceless.

tas1978 said:
Is it total coincidence that Jan is in the US for "various meetings" at the same time that Discovery is having the first training camp of the year?

Yes it is. He came to New York for a wedding and is leaving today.

jhuskey said:
Yes it is. He came to New York for a wedding and is leaving today.
Just in time JH, I was just about ready to flip the switch on the Badger spotlight.

lw

lwedge said:
Just in time JH, I was just about ready to flip the switch on the Badger spotlight.

lw

I don't know everything he was in the US for, but I know he was pressed for time attending a wedding which I knew about 2 months ago, but it make good gossip to put forth theories.

jhuskey said:
I don't know everything he was in the US for, but I know he was pressed for time attending a wedding which I knew about 2 months ago, but it make good gossip to put forth theories.

Unless it was one of Bruyneel's relatives that was getting married...

Ronanmk said:
With Ivan and Levi on Disco, I don't think Jan would be interested in joining them.

I think that Jan would be interested in any team that would have him.

That's right. JU is desperate, aging for a purportedly top-tier professional cyclist, teamless and license-less. He is going up against a younger, stronger, better coached, better supported, team-imbued and national association-blessed Basso. :p ;)

You know you have marketability issues if a non-Protour team chooses a 35-year-old, just-completed-doping-ban Tyler Hamilton before choosing you. :D ;)

musette said:
That's right. JU is desperate, aging for a purportedly top-tier professional cyclist, teamless and license-less. He is going up against a younger, stronger, better coached, better supported, team-imbued and national association-blessed Basso. :p ;)

You know you have marketability issues if a non-Protour team chooses a 35-year-old, just-completed-doping-ban Tyler Hamilton before choosing you. :D ;)

I would suggest that Bianchi would differ with you regarding your definition of marketability.

musette said:
.... better coached...

Both were/are coached by Luigi Cecchini. Ullrich is (and has always been) quite open about this. Basso claimed Riis had replaced Cecchini (at this year's Giro IIRC). Personally I think that statement was PR ********. You don't abandon the trainer who's taken you to the podium of a grand tour and then win the Giro by 9 minutes (?).

Unless of course you mean Basso will now benefit from the Carmichael Training System? LMFAO.

musette said:

Well if CSC is coming in for Jan, as suggested they might by Limerickman, then most of what you wrote means nothing.

musette said:

Come on - we are adults on this forum not in a play ground - look at what you are posting.

jhuskey said:
I don't only think, I know things. :D
I never think (I just can't, believe me... I tried...) But I know something as well. :D

The Ullrich bikes was another reason for his visit. Jan and Tobias want to introduce the bike on the US market next year.

cyclingheroes said:
I never think (I just can't, believe me... I tried...) But I know something as well. :D

The Ullrich bikes was another reason for his visit. Jan and Tobias want to introduce the bike on the US market next year.

Yes I know. He asked Thomas to be a distributor and I am not sure if he was joking or not.
Either way it will be a hard sell plus Tobias tells me it has been a legal nightmare of paperwork

Edit: Maybe Mussette could give assist with some legal advise on import/export.

JH and CH know something! You are a couple of teasers but I am willing to wait. Its only been five months and counting ......

cyclingheroes said:

Hey CyclingHeroes - There was a Spanish team that rode bikes labeled ULLRICH a few years ago. Do you know the story there? I don't remember them ever being available before but maybe they were in Spain. The attached photo is from 1999.