Jan ullrich attacks prostitute

These guys were at the top of the heap and in a few short years few people even remember their names. That is pretty hard to take. Because of the previous doping culture they tend to drift into the illegal drugs a whole lot easier than you or I would. Mix that with family problems, alcohol and a friend with a more or less normal life and BOOM!

Reactions: steve
Yeah that's not great news! He was the biggest name in cycling 20 years ago and like so many from that time, has struggled to transition to normal life.

After the drunk driving crash, a friend told me he divorced. Family issues. Money issues. Demons from his racing days. East German sporting background. Now hookerz & blow? Sounds like he needs to take a long bike ride and get it back together.

These guys were at the top of the heap and in a few short years few people even remember their names. That is pretty hard to take. Because of the previous doping culture they tend to drift into the illegal drugs a whole lot easier than you or I would. Mix that with family problems, alcohol and a friend with a more or less normal life and BOOM!

Gee, isn't that pathetic to see an icon doing that thing? And now you say that it may have been due to illegal drugs. I have seen the destruction of a former boxing world champion named Navarette who ventured into drugs and alcohol that he not only lost his championship belt but also jailed for rape. And you can only do that crime when you are into alcohol or drugs.

I don't want to go to rehab! I said, "No! No! No!".

This train is officially off the rails.

I don't want to go to rehab! I said, "No! No! No!".

This train is officially off the rails.

He needs to go to rehab and get himself back together before it's too late.

Lots of riders had demons in that era!

jan-ulrich.jpg

Attachments

• jan-ulrich.jpg
    jan-ulrich.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 15