Jan Ullrich will ride the Vuelta!

Karhu

Guest
It´s in dutch but the meaning is quite clear:

Jan Ullrich start in Ronde van Spanje WIELRENNEN - Jan Ullrich doet vanaf 6 september mee aan de
Ronde van Spanje, de Vuelta. De nummer twee van de Tour de France is de kopman van Team Bianchi. De
Duitser won de Vuelta in 1999. Hij krijgt in de komende editie een bijzonder sjieke knecht;
ploeggenoot Angel Casero won de ronde twee jaar geleden, maar zal nu in dienst van ''Der Jan''
moeten rijden.

What do you think about that!?

> What do you think about that!?

he is a true cyclist, not like.....

"karhu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It´s in dutch but the meaning is quite clear:
>
> Jan Ullrich start in Ronde van Spanje WIELRENNEN - Jan Ullrich doet vanaf 6 september mee aan de
> Ronde van Spanje, de Vuelta. De nummer twee van de Tour de France is de kopman van Team Bianchi.
> De Duitser won de Vuelta in 1999. Hij krijgt in de komende editie een bijzonder sjieke knecht;
> ploeggenoot Angel Casero won de ronde twee jaar geleden, maar zal nu in dienst van ''Der Jan''
> moeten rijden.
>
> What do you think about that!?

He has the chance to finish second in another Grand Tour?

-T

> ...That guy who was in contention at LBL and Amstel Gold?

Both one day races.

In article <[email protected]>, Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

> > ...That guy who was in contention at LBL and Amstel Gold?
>
> Both one day races.

So what? He was there and racing while others were planning their season peaks for later
in the year.

-WG

warren <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws 300720030858574120%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Oscar Mannheim <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > What do you think about that!?
> >
> > he is a true cyclist, not like.....
>
> ...That guy who was in contention at LBL and Amstel Gold?
>
> -WG

He did little more than wheelsucking there. In fact, that same term also sums up his last
tour nicely.

jumphress <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws
[email protected]...
> Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Tom Schulenburg" <[email protected]> wrote in news:YWVVa.4695
> > [email protected]:
> >
> > > He has the chance to finish second in another Grand Tour?
> > >
> > > -T
> >
> > FYI, he won the Vuelta in 1999.
>
> And what was really cool about that race was that VDB made the moves in the mountain stages that
> cracked a lot of the rest of the field and gave Ullrich a definate boost.

And VDB will be present.

karhu <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws
[email protected]...
> It´s in dutch but the meaning is quite clear: ...ploeggenoot Angel Casero won de ronde twee jaar
> geleden, maar zal nu in dienst van ''Der Jan'' moeten rijden.
>
> What do you think about that!?

I suppose this is better than promising to help in the Vuelta 'for all that work in the tour' and
then not showing up, but I can't imagine that Casero would be happy with this. He was not in good
health last year, but still rode a decent GC and especially a good final TT. I think Casero deserves
better than to be Jan's helper for that meager Bianchi-salary.