JAN ULLRICH'S 1997 TOUR WIN REVOKED AND AWARDED TO A FRENCHMAN!!!!

Steven L. Sheffield

Guest
From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=features/2005/privacy_and_ethics

Bernard Thevenet, the 1997 Tour de France winner, was also perplexed by the
L'Equipe article, explaining that "What bothers me is that these accusations
come right when Armstrong has retired, and they come right before the UCI
elections. I see two effects; a whack on the head for cycling and a question
about the struggle against doping. EPO has been detectable since 2001, so
why were these samples not tested since then?"

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
> Bernard Thevenet, the 1997 Tour de France winner,

That guy could be the spokesman for Hair Club for Men.

Anyone note people stealing away Pantani's win?

Thevenet was winner in 1977.

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

> From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=features/2005/privacy_and_ethics
>
> Bernard Thevenet, the 1997 Tour de France winner, was also perplexed by the
> L'Equipe article, explaining that "What bothers me is that these accusations
> come right when Armstrong has retired, and they come right before the UCI
> elections. I see two effects; a whack on the head for cycling and a question
> about the struggle against doping. EPO has been detectable since 2001, so
> why were these samples not tested since then?"

Very telling comment from the press release about UCI Ethics committee...
"The UCI Ethics committee met for the _first time ever_" (emphasis mine).

That gave me almost as much of a laugh as Leblanc's "The ball is in his court
now" remark about Armstrong...

--
IT Management. Tel: +64 3 479 5478
Web and database hosting, Co-location. Web: http://www.wic.co.nz