jan ullrich's aerobars

nitrogenmustard

Feb 3, 2004
whats the deal with the new style of aerobars (with the straight ahead type handlebars) . Are they faster? do they do anything to your power output? and oh yeah, Where can you buy them?

thanx
-nitro

Originally posted by nitrogenmustard
whats the deal with the new style of aerobars (with the straight ahead type handlebars) . Are they faster? do they do anything to your power output? and oh yeah, Where can you buy them?

thanx
-nitro

what am i missing whats so special about ullrichs bars besides they are ungodly low the man is awesome

I've been trying for a while. Notice how many of the pros are now using the lower bar position (pointed down).
Theory is that you can get a better grip and more leverage for more power. I have used this position for a while and find it more to my liking too. But I have yet to find the straight bar. I have thought about getting a piece of pipe from the hardware shop and putting that in the clamps. Just has to be the right internal or external diameter (depending on how thay clamp on)

Originally posted by nitrogenmustard

thanx
-nitro

They talked about the new bars on OLN. Apparently they are more aerodynamic as the air flows better over the hands.

ed073 said:
even the teams not sponsored by HED? :confused:

Yes dude- even all the Bontrager carbon wheelsets and disks were designed by HED and boommoooo a different logo applied....how dare they!

50% of the bikes on the tour are not completely what they are branded- thats for all the I wanna be like Jan's like you- to get you pulled into the LBS and fork over the cash without researching what it is you are buying.

9138cousins said:
Yes dude- even all the Bontrager carbon wheelsets and disks were designed by HED and boommoooo a different logo applied....how dare they!

50% of the bikes on the tour are not completely what they are branded- thats for all the I wanna be like Jan's like you- to get you pulled into the LBS and fork over the cash without researching what it is you are buying.

I thought we were talking about handlebars, not what stickers are on wheels and frames?