Jan Ulrich Found Dead!!!

jasongoesbyyou said:
Easy Fellas...Nobody is making you read the forum..So what if people play..you are likely reading this from your desk at "work".
Jan Is belly-up to a Table somewhere trash talking Americans (seems to be his past-time) you can bet on that..If you still are a Fan you are not Patriotic! Do your reseaerch..the New ****** wears Pink!!!
If Jan races in the US this year I will personally spit in his face!

You're entitled to your opinion - but I think you're entirely wrong about Ullrich and Telekom.
Ullrich, so far as I know, is a thoroughly decent individual.
In fact, I would think that Armstrong is a thoroughly decent individual - in day-to-day life too.

As regards, supporting a rider from a different nation - that's not being unpatriotic.
If you see the number of guys (here in Ireland) cycling round in USPS/Telekom gear, are they all unpatriotic ?

To spit in anyones face - or to even spit at them, is an insult.
I may not like LA as a rider but when I heard about people spitting at him at the TDF, I was very annoyed and ashamed at the behaviour of so-called
sports fans.

jasongoesbyyou said:
the New ****** wears Pink!!!

How can you compare somebody like Jan to ******. Does Jan discriminate against the minorities of society? No. Does he discriminate against the members of his team that are not German? No. I think you are a disgrace. If I saw you at a race I would personally spit in your face. Go back and play with the children where you belong.

jasongoesbyyou said:
Easy Fellas...Nobody is making you read the forum..So what if people play..you are likely reading this from your desk at "work".
Jan Is belly-up to a Table somewhere trash talking Americans (seems to be his past-time) you can bet on that..If you still are a Fan you are not Patriotic! Do your reseaerch..the New ****** wears Pink!!!
Your point about people playing is a good point, but sometimes things go to far. I am not sure whether you are kidding or not about the ****** references, but I personally don't think it is funny or credible. Are you and Cyclist14 related? I am neutral when it comes to being a Lance Armstrong fan, but I was shocked to hear that some roadside spectators were spitting on them. You are no different obviously. What would give you the right in the first place to take out your feelings for someone by spitting on them? You would not think it was very funny if he stopped his bike and decided to do something about it. In todays world of professional sports you are not safe sitting in the stands or along the roadside. Look at what happened at that particular NBA game in the US where the player went into the stands.

limerickman said:
You're entitled to your opinion - but I think you're entirely wrong about Ullrich and Telekom.
Ullrich, so far as I know, is a thoroughly decent individual.
In fact, I would think that Armstrong is a thoroughly decent individual - in day-to-day life too.

As regards, supporting a rider from a different nation - that's not being unpatriotic.
If you see the number of guys (here in Ireland) cycling round in USPS/Telekom gear, are they all unpatriotic ?

To spit in anyones face - or to even spit at them, is an insult.
I may not like LA as a rider but when I heard about people spitting at him at the TDF, I was very annoyed and ashamed at the behaviour of so-called
sports fans.

I didn't say I was a LA fan either..I just don't like anti-semetic behaviour or statements. If you have been offended, it is not my place to appologize that is your issue. and YES, I do think Biggots should be insulted in return as they have no place in modern societies.

MountainPro said:
Thats despicable...

i have followed the careers of Jan and Lance for many years and although i dont have My Huskeys insight i can see though all the media ******** that we are spoon fed everywhere we look.

Its clear that you hate Jan just because he is German or that because he races against Lance...where is your reasoning for this? Just pure bigotry?

I would imagine being under such pressure as these two riders are and forced to compete at an intense level a lot of media hype builds up and people like to see two bitter rivals slogging it out in the arena...
the bitter rivaly is mostly a creation of the media to spur magazine and TV sales and interest in the sport...and i am sure Jan holds no ill feeling towards you just because you are not German.

I am not a Merkin but i dont hate Lance, if i were to choose one it would be Jan just because he seems like a modest, hardworking and sincere person. Lance is the consumate professional but i feel i identify more with Jan and its that simple.

I dont know what Jan has dont to upset you or why you holds such angry feelings towards him or why people make up such silly threads about people dying especially in a sport that has had more than its fair share of sudden and tragic deaths recently but i would suggest you address you deep set hatred before it eats you up...

MP

Do you talk down to everyone, including me?

jasongoesbyyou said:
I didn't say I was a LA fan either..I just don't like anti-semetic behaviour or statements. If you have been offended, it is not my place to appologize that is your issue. and YES, I do think Biggots should be insulted in return as they have no place in modern societies.

So you are alleging that Jan Ullrich is anti-semitic ?
Are you alleging that Jan Ullrich is a bigot ?
Finally, who did Jan Ullrich insult ?

limerickman said:
So you are alleging that Jan Ullrich is anti-semitic ?
Are you alleging that Jan Ullrich is a bigot ?
Lim, there are some people in this world who in 2005 believe that German = Anti-Semetic = Nazi

Jasongoesbyyou, you are the bigot in this situation. Please forward your references about Jan's alleged ant-semetic views so that we can all see them and make up our own minds...

As for not being patriotic, i drive a great black Italian sports car when not on my bike, i dont own a Rover or Vauxhall and cant afford an Aston...and i am one of the most patriotic people you will ever meet on these forums.

MountainPro said:
Lim, there are some people in this world who in 2005 believe that German = Anti-Semetic = Nazi

Jasongoesbyyou, you are the bigot in this situation. Please forward your references about Jan's alleged ant-semetic views so that we can all see them and make up our own minds...

As for not being patriotic, i drive a great black Italian sports car when not on my bike, i dont own a Rover or Vauxhall and cant afford an Aston...and i am one of the most patriotic people you will ever meet on these forums.

Well I look forward to seeing just what our friend has managed to ascertain about Jan Ullrich being anti-semitic and being bigoted.

As far as I can see JU is the least offensive bloke there could ever be.
In fact, I can't think of any cyclist in this current era, or from any prior era who wasn't a pretty decent person.
Maybe this could be a topic for a new thread ?

limerickman said:
Well I look forward to seeing just what our friend has managed to ascertain about Jan Ullrich being anti-semitic and being bigoted.

As far as I can see JU is the least offensive bloke there could ever be.
In fact, I can't think of any cyclist in this current era, or from any prior era who wasn't a pretty decent person.
Maybe this could be a topic for a new thread ?

SO..I had tried to stay as unoffensive as possible but I am being cornered at the cost of my credibility..OKAY..I Will gather the information I was writing in pertainence to and I will let you know where you can go to find the same...Something I noticed though..is that I have been mis-read and mis-understood. Example 1.) I am personally NOT a LA fan, up to the moment I heard on the remarks made, I was in fact a JU fan (surprise)..2) who said that you have to drive a car that is made where you live?? and WTF does your choice in autos have to do with your alegence to your country..(I drive a Porsche and a VW..please note GERMAN CARS..just because I am a Patriotic American doesn't mean I am ignorant of good engineering & design practice.
A trendis also apparent here.. All the people who made this misunderstanding such the big deal are from the UK...reading comprehention a little amiss there in the schools boys? If you want to make me the Ugly American that is cool too...apparently no matter what I post it will be misread/misunderstood.
So you fellas calm down and read my orig. post and read it again ( apparently once wasn't enough to begin with) Then rifle through the press and see what JU said in response to LA's statement that Jan just didn't train hard enough to beat Lance in the TDF..If your press is the same you will find my peeve..
If you aren't satisfied then..deal with it.. you are the one with the misunderstanding..don't make me the evildoer..
BTW...ANY statement against a mans coutry or countrymen in fact is anti-semetic..such as in the following two statements...

It must be his American attitude that causes him to say things like this..
&
Oh, he's from the UK they all have bad teeth.

See..are you offended..me too.

jasongoesbyyou said:
SO..I had tried to stay as unoffensive as possible but I am being cornered at the cost of my credibility..OKAY..I Will gather the information I was writing in pertainence to and I will let you know where you can go to find the same...Something I noticed though..is that I have been mis-read and mis-understood. Example 1.) I am personally NOT a LA fan, up to the moment I heard on the remarks made, I was in fact a JU fan (surprise)..2) who said that you have to drive a car that is made where you live?? and WTF does your choice in autos have to do with your alegence to your country..(I drive a Porsche and a VW..please note GERMAN CARS..just because I am a Patriotic American doesn't mean I am ignorant of good engineering & design practice.
A trendis also apparent here.. All the people who made this misunderstanding such the big deal are from the UK...reading comprehention a little amiss there in the schools boys? If you want to make me the Ugly American that is cool too...apparently no matter what I post it will be misread/misunderstood.
So you fellas calm down and read my orig. post and read it again ( apparently once wasn't enough to begin with) Then rifle through the press and see what JU said in response to LA's statement that Jan just didn't train hard enough to beat Lance in the TDF..If your press is the same you will find my peeve..
If you aren't satisfied then..deal with it.. you are the one with the misunderstanding..don't make me the evildoer..
BTW...ANY statement against a mans coutry or countrymen in fact is anti-semetic..such as in the following two statements...

&

jasongoesbyyou, Mate, your one sick puppy, I'll clarify where I'm from, Born London England, Parents English, Grand parents, Irish on my Mothers side, Belgium, French on my fathers side.

I have lived in many country's around the world and have come across many bigots much like you.

I'm Australain and very proud of it, having lived here over fourty years, we don't see much **** like this here, despite what you may have gleaned from reading trash papers.

As far as the human race is concerned you're a disgrace, if you call yourself a cyclist or a supporter of cycling, then please don't, "WE DO NOT NEED OR WANT THE LIKES OF YOU, FILLING THE PAGES OF OUR FORUM WITH SUCH UTTER ****"

You've made an ******** of yourself, now just crawl away under a stone somewhere, and only come out when you feel you will not be trodden on?

If I were at a race meeting, just standing beside you, and "I might be", If I saw you spit at anyone from any nation riding in competition, I would have no hesitation to just turn you upside down and pile drive you into the bitumen.

Smarten up laddy, go join the military and do us all a favour, go to Iraq,
They "NEED YOU THERE"

Don't bother to reply to this post, your wasting your time having a go at me? I'm too long in the tooth for you?

Keep the wheels in motion, and don't look back, unless it's to see who you dropped on the last climb? TBC

Brian Cotgrove said:
jasongoesbyyou, Mate, your one sick puppy, I'll clarify where I'm from, Born London England, Parents English, Grand parents, Irish on my Mothers side, Belgium, French on my fathers side.

I have lived in many country's around the world and have come across many bigots much like you.

I'm Australain and very proud of it, having lived here over fourty years, we don't see much **** like this here, despite what you may have gleaned from reading trash papers.

As far as the human race is concerned you're a disgrace, if you call yourself a cyclist or a supporter of cycling, then please don't, "WE DO NOT NEED OR WANT THE LIKES OF YOU, FILLING THE PAGES OF OUR FORUM WITH SUCH UTTER ****"

You've made an ******** of yourself, now just crawl away under a stone somewhere, and only come out when you feel you will not be trodden on?

If I were at a race meeting, just standing beside you, and "I might be", If I saw you spit at anyone from any nation riding in competition, I would have no hesitation to just turn you upside down and pile drive you into the bitumen.

Smarten up laddy, go join the military and do us all a favour, go to Iraq,
They "NEED YOU THERE"

Don't bother to reply to this post, your wasting your time having a go at me? I'm too long in the tooth for you?

Keep the wheels in motion, and don't look back, unless it's to see who you dropped on the last climb? TBC

I am proud that you have such a wonderful heritage. I myself am born from a sililar heritage.
I still see that you have failed to READ all of my posts..
Please enlighten me as to how I am being a biggot..
I have only replied in kind to the remarks that have been made whether it be public or privately..You may not have all the facts and still you are acting out of ignorance. I congratulate you..
Oh, and are you too long in the tooth for me? was that a question? or waws that ment to be taken retorically..Seems the grammar goblins have a hold on you too. Not just a reading issue..
Once again..tell me my wrong..
Untill then..Kind Regards.
Try to settle down..you guys are so tense.. I said NOTHING that wasn't true..
insinuation..perhaps..
Reminds me of a little statement my former hero blurted out about the "American Attitude"..

jasongoesbyyou said:

&

The reply, above, addresses none of the issues you posted earlier.

Here is what you posted earlier :

Originally Posted by jasongoesbyyou

I have three simple questions for you :

Why are you alleging that Jan Ullrich is anti-semitic ?
Why are you alleging that Jan Ullrich is a bigot ?

limerickman said:
The reply, above, addresses none of the issues you posted earlier.

Here is what you posted earlier :

I have three simple questions for you :

Why are you alleging that Jan Ullrich is anti-semitic ?
Why are you alleging that Jan Ullrich is a bigot ?

You of all have been the most receptive to FACT. I thank you. Insted of threatning me with violence or questioning my values..So. I give the best possible explaination.. In an OLN report whereas LA was quoted as saying "Jan had just not trained hard enough to beat me this time" (TDF 2004) WHICH IS BY ALL ACCOUNTS TRUE...after all, did he beat him? NO...so...did he trazin hard enough to beat LA?..NO. Simple..There was no wrong in that statement. Jans Reply..Lance doesn't know me and it's his "American attitude"
that is speaking or somethinmg to the like...I am still looking for the exact wording...in short.. a blanket statement..regarding a countrymans traits..i.e. biggotry..the "American attitude" was not in fact what Lance had spoken from , simple deductive reasoning will tell you that Lances statement was true..After all, did Jan win? No..much to my disappointment..The fact that he didn't win screams the truth..The comment about the American Attitude was in fact a simple cast of negative light against his american fans and Americans in general..Hence a Biggitous statement..
Who did he offend? well, Me...among others...After purchasing a nice new Giant team replica..I find that offensive. Very offensive..I am not typical to what you would expect from an american.. I am in fact proud of my English heritage..(surprise!!) and I cherish my memories of growing up in Romford..
I also Love that I am a member of a great organization of cyclists from seven countries. I am by all accounts good person..Regardless of the lables placed on me here.
So..I issue a formal appology as a gentleman..in hopes that this thread will end here..I am not the one you want to hate..I say that because I have seen so many people lash out in hate towards me for being sensitive to my countrymen (adopted or otherwise)..
So..If it's not clear enough...go ahead..send me a threat.. or Kudos...truth be known. I don't care.. I don't make blanket statements about ANYONES heritage, nomatter.

Kind Regards..

Jasongoesbyyou

jasongoesbyyou said:
You of all have been the most receptive to FACT. I thank you. Insted of threatning me with violence or questioning my values..So. I give the best possible explaination.. In an OLN report whereas LA was quoted as saying "Jan had just not trained hard enough to beat me this time" (TDF 2004) WHICH IS BY ALL ACCOUNTS TRUE...after all, did he beat him? NO...so...did he trazin hard enough to beat LA?..NO. Simple..There was no wrong in that statement. Jans Reply..Lance doesn't know me and it's his "American attitude"
that is speaking or somethinmg to the like...I am still looking for the exact wording...in short.. a blanket statement..regarding a countrymans traits..i.e. biggotry..the "American attitude" was not in fact what Lance had spoken from , simple deductive reasoning will tell you that Lances statement was true..After all, did Jan win? No..much to my disappointment..The fact that he didn't win screams the truth..The comment about the American Attitude was in fact a simple cast of negative light against his american fans and Americans in general..Hence a Biggitous statement..
Who did he offend? well, Me...among others...After purchasing a nice new Giant team replica..I find that offensive. Very offensive..I am not typical to what you would expect from an american.. I am in fact proud of my English heritage..(surprise!!) and I cherish my memories of growing up in Romford..
I also Love that I am a member of a great organization of cyclists from seven countries. I am by all accounts good person..Regardless of the lables placed on me here.
So..I issue a formal appology as a gentleman..in hopes that this thread will end here..I am not the one you want to hate..I say that because I have seen so many people lash out in hate towards me for being sensitive to my countrymen (adopted or otherwise)..
So..If it's not clear enough...go ahead..send me a threat.. or Kudos...truth be known. I don't care.. I don't make blanket statements about ANYONES heritage, nomatter.

Kind Regards..

Jasongoesbyyou

I didn't say I was a LA fan either..I just don't like anti-semetic behaviour or statements. If you have been offended, it is not my place to appologize that is your issue. and YES, I do think Biggots should be insulted in return as they have no place in modern societies

Maybe it's me, but I cannot understand your reply.
You made some statements earlier (in green above) and your reply fails to address the issues made in your earlier statement.

You appear to have taken one comment by Ullrich "American attitude" and have accused him of being a bigot, antisemite, and of being insulting.

I don't think that Jan was being insulting to LA.
I don't think that Jan was insulting the USA either.

I suggest that you ought to think before accusing someone of being a bigot,
anti-semite or of having insulted America or Americans, on a public forum.

limerickman said:

I didn't say I was a LA fan either..I just don't like anti-semetic behaviour or statements. If you have been offended, it is not my place to appologize that is your issue. and YES, I do think Biggots should be insulted in return as they have no place in modern societies

Maybe it's me, but I cannot understand your reply.
You made some statements earlier (in green above) and your reply fails to address the issues made in your earlier statement.

You appear to have taken one comment by Ullrich "American attitude" and have accused him of being a bigot, antisemite, and of being insulting.

I don't think that Jan was being insulting to LA.
I don't think that Jan was insulting the USA either.

I suggest that you ought to think before accusing someone of being a bigot,
anti-semite or of having insulted America or Americans, on a public forum.

As I said...Ended as a gentleman..apparently you aren't as sensitive as I or my team-mates..
My involvment is ended...I have justified myself.

jasongoesbyyou said:
The points i personally would like you to explain are:

1. Jan is trash talking Americans..
The loud-mouthed brashness of Americans is a stereotype...and i have seen it in LA, i will never forgive LA's comments on Pantani..

2. If i am a fan of Jan why does that make me unpatriotic?

3. Why do you liken Jan to ******? (references please)

4. Why would you spit in another sportsmans face just because he races in your country.

Only once you have answered these points may you retire gracefully..
(you may answer Limerickman's points first)..

Cyclist14 said:
Do you talk down to everyone, including me?

Cyclist14, You're not being "Talked Down To", but if you choose to do idiotic things, expect to treated as though you are idiotic, it's as simple as that?

There is no restiction on being funny or witty, that would be accepted more readily by all who subscribe to this forum.

Learning to admit when your wrong is a true sign of maturity, please show us how mature you can be and will be in future.

Be funny as much as you dare, but be warned, there are a lot of very funny people who earn a living at it, and still they don't have what it takes, to make us all laugh.

Humour is a very subjective thing, ask any well paid comedian/comedien?

Keep the wheels on motion, and don't look back, unless it's to see who you dropped on the last climb? TBC

MountainPro said:
The points i personally would like you to explain are:

1. Jan is trash talking Americans..
The loud-mouthed brashness of Americans is a stereotype...and i have seen it in LA, i will never forgive LA's comments on Pantani..

2. If i am a fan of Jan why does that make me unpatriotic?

3. Why do you liken Jan to ******? (references please)

4. Why would you spit in another sportsmans face just because he races in your country.

Only once you have answered these points may you retire gracefully..
(you may answer Limerickman's points first)..

Then I retire without grace.
The horse is dead,kick it how you may, you won't get a ride.
Cycle Safe.
Kind Regards,

Jason

jasongoesbyyou said:
Then I retire without grace.
The horse is dead,kick it how you may, you won't get a ride.
Cycle Safe.
Kind Regards,

Jason
all hot air and no substance....typical

what an ****...

MountainPro said:
all hot air and no substance....typical

what an ****...

G'day Mountain Pro, you've hit the nail on the head again, and he's got the cheek to say he came from Romford, Essex, all my mates there will die of shame reading his posts.

Essex boys don't talk shite anyway, he's a bloody interloper, no wonder he went to Merkia, maybe they threw him out, after listening to it at the pub?