Jan Ulrich out of TdF

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:28:07 +0200, "trg"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"debe" <hulk@kill_kunich.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
>[email protected]...
>| T-Mobile suspended Jan Ulrich and Rudy Pevenage.
>|
>| For those who can read the german language
>| http://www.spiegel.de/sport/sonst/0,1518,424396,00.html
>|
>| debe
>
>For those who can't
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/cycling/5132320.stm

And for those who can only read French
http://lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20060630_095816Dev.html

So the question now is whether Basso and Riis are going to be kicked
out, looks like Basso has to go as well as Mancebo full list is here

http://lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20060630_104027Dev.html

What a way for Ullrich to end his career...

And his website http://www.janullrich.de

> T-Mobile suspended Jan Ulrich and Rudy Pevenage.

Jan is most likely relieved. Another year being "Pou Pou", would be a
mind breaker.

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:06:14 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

>What a way for Ullrich to end his career...

Yes he could have just quietly retired like Armstrong and be forever
viewed as one of the "clean" guys. ;-)

--

in message <[email protected]>, debe
('hulk@kill_kunich.com') wrote:

> T-Mobile suspended Jan Ulrich and Rudy Pevenage.
>
> For those who can read the german language
> http://www.spiegel.de/sport/sonst/0,1518,424396,00.html

Here's T-Mobile's own statement, in English:
http://www.t-mobile-team.com/cms/tm...alPage/yearID=2006/itemID=100582/id=7030.html

Key points:

* The sponsor insisted on the implicated people pulling out;
* All team members had been made to sign written declarations that they
were not involved;
* The reason for the suspension seems to be that the riders lied to their
management, not actually that they had been blood doping (which is
presumably still unproven).

Windows 95:
You, you, you! You make a grown man cry...
M. Jagger/K. Richards

Simon Brooke wrote:
> Here's T-Mobile's own statement, in English:
> http://www.t-mobile-team.com/cms/tm...alPage/yearID=2006/itemID=100582/id=7030.html
>
> Key points:
>
> * The sponsor insisted on the implicated people pulling out;
> * All team members had been made to sign written declarations that they
> were not involved;
> * The reason for the suspension seems to be that the riders lied to their
> management, not actually that they had been blood doping (which is
> presumably still unproven).
>
> --
> [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
> Windows 95:
> You, you, you! You make a grown man cry...
> M. Jagger/K. Richards

Which is perfectly justifiable.
Bill C

From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jun06/jun30news3

-----------------------------
Ullrich's ex-trainer calls it a "catastrophe"

"This is a catastrophe," said Jan Ullrich's former trainer Peter Becker to
German news-TV channel N24, after learning of the suspension of Ullrich from
T-Mobile. "Naturally that will be a terrible blow for Jan. It's unbelievable.
You work hard for 15 years...I can't find any more words. This is a
catastrophe.

"He has an altitude chamber in his basement, that cost ?120,000, so that he
could train in a clean way. . ."
-------------------------------

120 000 Euros for a basement altitude chamber?!! Now there is a home
improvement project, converting your basement into a giant altitude tent.

J. Spaceman

--
My email address ([email protected]) is fake. Email sent to it
will only get caught in my spam tarpit.

Simon Brooke wrote:
> in message <[email protected]>, debe
> ('hulk@kill_kunich.com') wrote:
>

>>T-Mobile suspended Jan Ulrich and Rudy Pevenage.

AND THE FOLLOWING?
La lista de los ciclistas presuntamente implicados:

- Equipo Astaná Wurth:

MICHELE SCARPONI (ITA)

MARCOS ANTONIO SERRANO RODRIGUEZ (ESP)

DAVID ETXEBARRIA ALCORTA (ESP)

JOSEBA BELOKI DORRONSORO (ESP)

ANGEL VICIOSO ARCOS (ESP)

ISIDRO NOZAL VEGA (ESP)

UNAI OSA EIZAGUIRRE (ESP)

JAKSCHE JOORG (GER)

GIAMPAOLO CARUSO (ITA)

- C.S.C.:

IVAN BASSO (ITA)

- Caisse D'Espagne Illes Balears:

CONSTANTINO ZABALLA GUTIERREZ (ESP)

- Saunier Duval:

CARLOS ZARATE FERNANDEZ (ESP)

- AG2 R:

FRANCISCO MANCEBO PEREZ (ESP)

- T-Mobile:

JAN ULLRICH (GER)

OSCAR SEVILLA RIVERA (ESP)

- Phonak:

JOSE ENRIQUE GUTIERREZ CATALUÑA (ESP)

JOSE IGNACIO GUTIERREZ CATALUÑA (ESP)

- Comunitat Valenciana:

VICENTE BALLESTER MARTINEZ (ESP)

DAVID BERNABEU ARMENGOL (ESP)

DAVID BLANCO RODRIGUEZ (ESP)

JOSE ADRIAN BONILLA (ESP)

JUAN GOMIS LOPEZ (ESP)

ELADIO JIMENEZ SANCHEZ (ESP)

DAVID LATASA LASA (ESP)

JAVIER PASCUAL RODRIGUEZ (ESP)

RUBEN PLAZA MOLINA (ESP)

JOSE LUIS MARTINEZ JIMENEZ (ESP)

MANUEL LLORENT (ESP)

ANTONIO OLMO (ESP)

DAVID MUÑOZ (ESP)

JAVIER CHERRO (ESP)

JAVIER PASCUAL (ESP, ex corredor y actual técnico)

- Unibet.com:

CARLOS GARCIA QUESADA (ESP)

- Actualmente retirados o suspendidos por dopaje:

ROBERTO HERAS (ESP)

ANGEL CASERO (ESP)

IGOR GONZALEZ GALDEANO (ESP)

SANTIAGO PEREZ (ESP)

TYLER HAMILTON (USA

aNYBODY WANT MY FERRY TICKET FOR SUNDAY?

:-((

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:36:46 +0100, Simon Brooke
<[email protected]> wrote:

>* The sponsor insisted on the implicated people pulling out;

Well done sponsor. I think the TdF should be sorting themselves out,
any team with any rider who gets found with any substances, immediate
disqualification of the entire team.

They should also consider just abandoning the tour. They've simply
not used the mechanisms they have to control the doping.

Jim.

Jason Spaceman wrote:

> 120 000 Euros for a basement altitude chamber?!! Now there is a home
> improvement project, converting your basement into a giant altitude tent.

Do drugs work better when stored at altitude?

Jim Ley a écrit :
> On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:36:46 +0100, Simon Brooke
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> * The sponsor insisted on the implicated people pulling out;
>>

> Well done sponsor. I think the TdF should be sorting themselves out,
> any team with any rider who gets found with any substances, immediate
> disqualification of the entire team.

So far, not too dumb.

> They should also consider just abandoning the tour. They've simply
> not used the mechanisms they have to control the doping.
>
> Jim.

But here !! The Tour has not started ! How do you expect them to
"control" something that will only get underway tomorrow ? That's like
blaming the wife when the husband cheats. Or the other way around. Silly.

--

Sandy