Jan vs Lance

jony

Jul 19, 2004
Lance Armstrong: low saddle position, high pedalling cadence

Jan Ullrich: high saddle position, low pedalling cadence

Now... how much do these "details" account for their success/failure?

jony said:

Lance Armstrong: year round dedication to training, endless attention to detail in preparation, totally focused mindset, completely dedicated team.

Jan Ullrich: indifferent training methods, lack of self discipline, massively talented but questionable mental approach, dubious team set up.

I'm sure these factors are much more important

jony said:

Both men have the correct saddle height for their inseam, Ullrich prefers to have his bars lower, that's all.

James Felstead said:
Lance Armstrong: year round dedication to training, endless attention to detail in preparation, totally focused mindset, completely dedicated team.

Jan Ullrich: indifferent training methods, lack of self discipline, massively talented but questionable mental approach, dubious team set up.

I'm sure these factors are much more important
agreed. great thread.

whiteboytrash said:
agreed. great thread.
if you look aside from the team and the mental side.

it was wolksvagen disel vs fuel injected ford:p:D

What they relied on most:

Jan - natural talent, dope

Lance - natural talent, exploitation of every micro-aspect of training/nutrition, dope

Jan probably had the most natural talent, but Armstrong easily overpowered his laziness with his hard work. They had equal footing in the dope department.

It could have been Jan everyone was talking about winning 7, but he wouldn't have won 7. He would have won 8. Him being lazy overhypes Armstrong's achievements. If Jan wasn't lazy and had a decent mindset, Armstrong wouldn't have won 7 tours.

Grater said:
It could have been Jan everyone was talking about winning 7, but he wouldn't have won 7. He would have won 8. Him being lazy overhypes Armstrong's achievements. If Jan wasn't lazy and had a decent mindset, Armstrong wouldn't have won 7 tours.
Former cycling professional Jan Ullrich said Friday that he believes seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong could win another title.

The 37-year-old American announced a short while ago that he was coming out of retirement to join the Astana team and compete in next year's Tour de France.

Ullrich, who won the Tour in 1997 said he also supported Armstrong in his refusal to allow his blood from 1999 to be examined for the blood doping agent EPO.

"Why should he do something that he does not have to do? I would also not allow that to happen. It is a matter of principle," the 34- year-old German said.

Ullrich, who has also had accusations of doping levelled against him and no longer races, is participating in a charity race.

He said that he could not believe it when he heard that Armstrong was attempting a comeback. "But I think it is a good thing. Lance is drawing the world's attention to cycling."

Ullrich, who currently lives in Switzerland, thrice finished second behind Armstrong in the Tour.

"I think he could win the Tour again. He has a great life and great women, but that is not his calling. He has that in his sport. If he manages the challenge mentally, his body will also be up to it," he said.

He said he believed Armstrong to be disappointed that the sport attracted most of its attention because of doping. "Through him the sporting aspect will become more important again."

Ullrich said he was not thinking of staging a comeback: "This option does not exist."

Ullrich, who has constantly denied doping, was pulled from the Tour in 2006 by his team at the time, T-Mobile, after he had been accused of doping. He retired a year later.

"I stopped riding under different circumstances than Lance. I suffered a lot of injustice and would only think about coming out of retirement if the same thing would not happen again. But at the moment I can't see that."

http://www.bangkokpost.com/sportsplus/sportsplus.php?id=131081

He said that ????!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

"I think he could win the Tour again. He has a great life and great women, but that is not his calling. He has that in his sport. If he manages the challenge mentally, his body will also be up to it," he said.

whiteboytrash said:
Former cycling professional Jan Ullrich said Friday that he believes seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong could win another title.

The 37-year-old American announced a short while ago that he was coming out of retirement to join the Astana team and compete in next year's Tour de France.

Ullrich, who won the Tour in 1997 said he also supported Armstrong in his refusal to allow his blood from 1999 to be examined for the blood doping agent EPO.

"Why should he do something that he does not have to do? I would also not allow that to happen. It is a matter of principle," the 34- year-old German said.

Ullrich, who has also had accusations of doping levelled against him and no longer races, is participating in a charity race.

He said that he could not believe it when he heard that Armstrong was attempting a comeback. "But I think it is a good thing. Lance is drawing the world's attention to cycling."

Ullrich, who currently lives in Switzerland, thrice finished second behind Armstrong in the Tour.

He said he believed Armstrong to be disappointed that the sport attracted most of its attention because of doping. "Through him the sporting aspect will become more important again."

Ullrich said he was not thinking of staging a comeback: "This option does not exist."

Ullrich, who has constantly denied doping, was pulled from the Tour in 2006 by his team at the time, T-Mobile, after he had been accused of doping. He retired a year later.

"I stopped riding under different circumstances than Lance. I suffered a lot of injustice and would only think about coming out of retirement if the same thing would not happen again. But at the moment I can't see that."

http://www.bangkokpost.com/sportsplus/sportsplus.php?id=131081

First sentence, I don't accept! The second may be true but lest see what happens to Lance over the next few weeks.