Jan & Winter food

The photo is misleading - he's no doubt breathing very deeply and this causes the stomach to expand. Look at his arms - skinny. Ullrich always gains kilos over the winter but come his rendezvous with the Tour he's shed them.

Originally posted by GuyStevens
The photo is misleading - he's no doubt breathing very deeply and this causes the stomach to expand.

Nah, I like patch70's suggestion better. After all, if pros do it, it's not so bad if I do too. ;)

Originally posted by angrydave
Looks like me when I'm sucking it in... :)

A lot of pros use stomach breathing to increase lung capacity. Greg LeMond, who used to also gain a lot of weight in the winter, often was mistaken for being overweight for this very same reason.

- n -

Jan is in the best early season shape of his career...Lance will not win #6!!! Say goodbye to Lance and USPS as a sponsor.

Originally posted by kjellquist
Jan is in the best early season shape of his career...Lance will not win #6!!! Say goodbye to Lance and USPS as a sponsor.

find it hard to follow your logic as jan managed to get dropped by the bunch on the flat in the tour of murcia.. doesnt sound like good form to me.. if the arms look thin then have a look at his face.. the mans been indulging for sure..

From an interview of Cadel Evans by Duncan Steele:

Dunc: Looking at this team photo of the presentation and some others of Ullrich at the TDF, he really does get round faced during the winter doesn't he?

CE: Yeah, and this year he is lighter than other years. He puts on 10kgs or so.

Found at:
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2085

Originally posted by Cryder
A lot of pros use stomach breathing to increase lung capacity. Greg LeMond, who used to also gain a lot of weight in the winter, often was mistaken for being overweight for this very same reason.

- n -
I like it. That's what I'll tell my wife next time she laughs at my beer gut - "Just doin' a bit of stomache breathin', my dear, while I wait for my new contract to come through. What's your excuse?"
Eoin C

Sorry guys... noone comments on fatty Armstrong if you look at that picture? Noone put them side by side and saw that clearly the pictures aren't saying a thing?

It seems to be clear that LA is in a lot better shape, yet on that picture he looks like MR. Michelin. this invalidates the picture of Ulrich at one stroke.

What amuses me most that it seems none of you guys ever met *fatty* Ulrich. You will be shocked (and horrified if you ever met Erik Dekker ...ewwww)