Janeck Tombak's hand!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by atacca, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. atacca

    atacca Guest

    Ouch ouch ouch! Tombak had to retire from the TdF after catching his hand in
    his spokes while trying to adjust his sensor, "His fingers are severely
    cut". (www.letour.fr)

    How is that for one of the biggest fears of riding! I remember when I
    bought my first racer, it had the gear shifters on the down tube and I took
    it for a test ride at night, and when I went to change gears thinking I knew
    exactly where the levers were the spokes scraped across my fingers nicely.
    No damage but I got a good fright and and mindful of them there spokes
    now.....

    Tags:

  2. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

  3. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "atacca" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Ouch ouch ouch! Tombak had to retire from the TdF after catching his hand

    in
    > his spokes while trying to adjust his sensor, "His fingers are severely
    > cut". (www.letour.fr)
    >
    > How is that for one of the biggest fears of riding! I remember when I
    > bought my first racer, it had the gear shifters on the down tube and I

    took
    > it for a test ride at night, and when I went to change gears thinking I

    knew
    > exactly where the levers were the spokes scraped across my fingers nicely.
    > No damage but I got a good fright and and mindful of them there spokes
    > now.....

    As a kid I was once out riding with my sister, the front wheel developed a
    squeak which seemed to abate if I kicked the forks...
    Yup, eventually my foot somehow entered the spokes which launched me over
    the bars and wrote off the forks, the wheel stayed true and I can't recall
    any pain either in my foot or as a result of being launched but was gutted
    that my bike was off the road for some time.

    Rgds,
    Pete

  4. atacca wrote:

    > Ouch ouch ouch! Tombak had to retire from the TdF after catching his hand in
    > his spokes while trying to adjust his sensor, "His fingers are severely
    > cut". (www.letour.fr)
    >
    > How is that for one of the biggest fears of riding! I remember when I
    > bought my first racer, it had the gear shifters on the down tube and I took
    > it for a test ride at night, and when I went to change gears thinking I knew
    > exactly where the levers were the spokes scraped across my fingers nicely.
    > No damage but I got a good fright and and mindful of them there spokes
    > now.....

    My sister had a schoolfriend called "Stumpy" Carr, because she lost the
    tip of a finger between the chain and a sprocket. Probably not a very
    clean cut.