January 26th is Australia Day

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by p38lightning, Jan 22, 2008.

1. p38lightning

p38lightning New Member

My congratulations to all the forum members who are citizens of this great nation.

As cyclists we have all had the pleasure of watching Stuart O'Grady, Robbie McEwen, and more recently Cadel Evans win many Tour De France stages. Their insane "Kamakazi" sprints to the line and pain defying break aways are some of the best of it.

As an American, I am thankful for all Australia has given to further and protect freedom.

As a world traveler I have enjoyed meeting Australians worldwide, their warmth and lack of pretention have always been welcome.

I look forward to some day visiting Australia. My perfect day would start out with a game of "Aussie Rules" football (where you can score not just goals but BEHINDS!), lifting a few pints of V.B. or Fosters, some "Tucker" with friends,
    a game of Two Up, and a few more pints.

Congratulations and all the best to our "mates down under"

Tags:

2. Scotttri

Scotttri Member

Cheers!! Agree with all of the above only, we dont drink Fosters in Australia, it tastes like cats piss, thats why we import it [​IMG]

3. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

I think you mean export it. yes... that's perhaps the biggest fallacy in the US about Oz. Mainly because CUB puts ads on TV in the States saying its "Australia's favourite beer". They should be sued.

The other fallacy is that Aussie's all love to "throw shrimps on the barbie". They're called "prawns" in Oz and steaming them is just fine with beer thanks.

Thanks for the nice words on Australia and its people P38lightning. I am an Aussie living in America... and I can say that Americans have been great to me and USA is a country where you can do anything... both with recreation and endeavour. It is a very positive environment.

4. Scotttri

Scotttri Member

Export yes thats what I meant to many beers and not enough sleep after night shift. [​IMG]