Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.

Richard Longwood

Guest
Wachovia USPRO Championship
June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km

DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.

Jason: Tell us all about it.

Nobody told him there was a HILL!!

Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BCEAA497.1F4B2%[email protected]>...
> Nobody told him there was a HILL!!
>

> On 6/7/04 10:18 PM, in article [email protected], "Richard
> Longwood" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Wachovia USPRO Championship
> > June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
> >
> > DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
> >

> > Jason: Tell us all about it.

Hey y'all,

Jason and I were just talking on our CB radio's. He is out driving
the truck during the week, and will post at the next highway
truckstop. 10-4 Good Buddy.

Thanks,
Ronde Champ

Did you see how many of the US pros DNF'd? Shameful that this race is
called the US Pro Championships, as a US rider so seldomly wins it.

There should be a better criteria as far as who is allowed to take out
a pro license. For starters, they should be getting a contract that
actually pays them a salary with which they can support themselves.
If you're getting 15k per year (or less) then you should be considered
a well-supported amatuer.

"Richard Longwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Wachovia USPRO Championship
> June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
>
> DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
>

> Jason: Tell us all about it.

Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BCEAA497.1F4B2%[email protected]>...
> Nobody told him there was a HILL!!
>

> On 6/7/04 10:18 PM, in article [email protected], "Richard
> Longwood" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Wachovia USPRO Championship
> > June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
> >
> > DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
> >

> > Jason: Tell us all about it.

F*** all y'all. You're the same kind of losers as those that sprint
for 43rd place and think that riders in 100th place should still be
going for GC in the Tour.

You're not even smart enough to realize how stupid you really are.

And Freddy was saying the problem was that the race was getting too
EASY.......

On 6/8/04 4:49 AM, in article
[email protected], "kaiser"

[email protected] (kaiser) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Did you see how many of the US pros DNF'd? Shameful that this race is
> called the US Pro Championships, as a US rider so seldomly wins it.
>
> There should be a better criteria as far as who is allowed to take out
> a pro license. For starters, they should be getting a contract that
> actually pays them a salary with which they can support themselves.
> If you're getting 15k per year (or less) then you should be considered
> a well-supported amatuer.

Don't be so exclusionary.
Compare USA Pro Cycling to USA Pro Baseball.

Euro Pros (or, all Division One teams) are MLB's equivalent of the Big Leagues.

The assorted sundry and various Div. II and III teams
represent baseball's A, AA, and AAA (minor) leagues.
Minor league players also make a tiny salary.
Guys in class A ball are lucky to get $1,000/month during the 6 month season.

They are still pros, just not Big League.

However procycling has no minimum salary and I'd wager there are
Division One pros who earn under $20K year in salary.

-Ken

K. J. Papai <[email protected]> wrote:

> However procycling has no minimum salary and I'd wager there are
> Division One pros who earn under $20K year in salary.

The minimum salary for a rider in a division one (or two) team is 23,000
Euros a year ($28,000). For a neo-pro it's just 20,000 Euros.

This is from the UCI cycling regulations, chapter 2.16.056, article 3.
I think if a team in division 1/2 fails to pay this much to any of its
riders, they may be dropped to division 3.

-as

>Subject: Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
>From: "Richard Longwood" [email protected]
>Date: 6/8/2004 12:18 AM Central Standard Time
>
>Wachovia USPRO Championship
>June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
>
>DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
>

>Jason: Tell us all about it.

I was a few riders off the back of the lead group when split happened the 10th
and last time up the wall.

I made it 147 miles and was in the second group on the road when my right hammy
decided it had enough and cramped.

done for the day. there weren't too many fat sprinters left in the group by
that time...

maybe next year.

jason

>Subject: Re: Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
>From: [email protected] (Ronde Champ)
>Date: 6/8/2004 5:56 AM Central Standard Time
>
>Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<BCEAA497.1F4B2%[email protected]>...
>> Nobody told him there was a HILL!!
>>

>> On 6/7/04 10:18 PM, in article [email protected], "Richard
>> Longwood" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > Wachovia USPRO Championship
>> > June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
>> >
>> > DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
>> >

>> > Jason: Tell us all about it.
>> >

>Hey y'all,
>
> Jason and I were just talking on our CB radio's. He is out driving
>the truck during the week, and will post at the next highway
>truckstop. 10-4 Good Buddy.
>
>Thanks,
>Ronde Champ

actually i did fly home to work for a few days then fly Minnesota wed for the
Nature valley GP. thursday is gonna be hard....

"Antti Salonen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> K. J. Papai <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > However procycling has no minimum salary and I'd wager there are
> > Division One pros who earn under $20K year in salary.

> The minimum salary for a rider in a division one (or two) team is 23,000
> Euros a year ($28,000). For a neo-pro it's just 20,000 Euros.
>
> This is from the UCI cycling regulations, chapter 2.16.056, article 3.
> I think if a team in division 1/2 fails to pay this much to any of its
> riders, they may be dropped to division 3.
>
> -as

That is one of the reasons that most of the pro teams in US are D3.

"Jason Waddell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Subject: Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
> >From: "Richard Longwood" [email protected]
> >Date: 6/8/2004 12:18 AM Central Standard Time
> >
> >Wachovia USPRO Championship
> >June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
> >
> >DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
> >

> >Jason: Tell us all about it.

> I was a few riders off the back of the lead group when split happened the

10th
> and last time up the wall.
>
> I made it 147 miles and was in the second group on the road when my right

hammy
> decided it had enough and cramped.
>
> done for the day. there weren't too many fat sprinters left in the group

by
> that time...
>
> maybe next year.

Good ride and better luck next year Jason. Let's see the mouths on the net
make one lap and up the wall at Pro racing speeds.

Jason: You are 10 men!

"Richard Longwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wachovia USPRO Championship
> June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
>
> DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
>

> Jason: Tell us all about it.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected]12345 (Jason Waddell) wrote:

> I was a few riders off the back of the lead group when split happened the
> 10th and last time up the wall.
>
> I made it 147 miles and was in the second group on the road when my right
> hammy decided it had enough and cramped.
>
> done for the day. there weren't too many fat sprinters left in the group by
> that time...
>
> maybe next year.
>
> jason

I don't think that performance is anything to feel too bad about, Jason.
It's a very long race (a lot longer than any other race you do, right?) and
it sounds like you were pretty close at the important point when the split
went. And, yeah, there is always next year.

--
tanx,
Howard

"Copper will never be gold"