Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Richard Longwoo, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Wachovia USPRO Championship
    June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km

    DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.

    Jason: Tell us all about it.

    Tags:

  2. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Nobody told him there was a HILL!!

    On 6/7/04 10:18 PM, in article
    [email protected], "Richard Longwood"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4
    > mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
    >
    > DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
    >

    > Jason: Tell us all about it.

  3. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BCEAA497.1F4B2%[email protected]>...
    > Nobody told him there was a HILL!!
    >

    > On 6/7/04 10:18 PM, in article
    > [email protected], "Richard Longwood"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA,
    > > 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
    > >
    > > DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
    > >

    > > Jason: Tell us all about it.

    Hey y'all,

    Jason and I were just talking on our CB radio's. He is out
    driving the truck during the week, and will post at the
    next highway truckstop. 10-4 Good Buddy.

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

  4. Kaiser

    Kaiser Guest

    Did you see how many of the US pros DNF'd? Shameful that
    this race is called the US Pro Championships, as a US rider
    so seldomly wins it.

    There should be a better criteria as far as who is allowed
    to take out a pro license. For starters, they should be
    getting a contract that actually pays them a salary with
    which they can support themselves. If you're getting 15k per
    year (or less) then you should be considered a well-
    supported amatuer.

    "Richard Longwood" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4
    > mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
    >
    > DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
    >

    > Jason: Tell us all about it.

  5. Oyvey1948

    Oyvey1948 Guest

    Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BCEAA497.1F4B2%[email protected]>...
    > Nobody told him there was a HILL!!
    >

    > On 6/7/04 10:18 PM, in article
    > [email protected], "Richard Longwood"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA,
    > > 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
    > >
    > > DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
    > >

    > > Jason: Tell us all about it.

    F*** all y'all. You're the same kind of losers as those that
    sprint for 43rd place and think that riders in 100th place
    should still be going for GC in the Tour.

    You're not even smart enough to realize how stupid you
    really are.

  6. Steve

    Steve Guest

    > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader
    > does not understand

    --B_3169527712_28111594 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-
    ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

    And Freddy was saying the problem was that the race was
    getting too EASY.......

    On 6/8/04 4:49 AM, in article
    [email protected], "kaiser"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Did you see how many of the US pros DNF'd? Shameful that
    > this race is called the US Pro Championships, as a US
    > rider so seldomly wins it.
    >
    > There should be a better criteria as far as who is allowed
    > to take out a pro license. For starters, they should be
    > getting a contract that actually pays them a salary with
    > which they can support themselves. If you're getting 15k
    > per year (or less) then you should be considered a well-
    > supported amatuer.
    >
    > "Richard Longwood" <[email protected]> wrote
    > in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA,
    >> 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
    >>
    >> DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
    >>

    >> Jason: Tell us all about it.

    --B_3169527712_28111594 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-
    ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

    <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Re: Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-
    Mathis Bros.</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT FACE=3D"Verdana,
    Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>And F=
    reddy was saying the problem was that the race was getting
    too EASY.......<B=

    <BR> <BR> On 6/8/04 4:49 AM, in article
    [email protected]= om,
    "kaiser" <[email protected]> wrote:<BR>
    <BR> <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF">> Did you see how many of
    the US pros DNF'd? &nbsp= ;Shameful that this race is<BR>
    > called the US Pro Championships, as a US rider so
    seldomly wins it.<BR=

    > <BR> > There should be a better criteria as far as
    who is allowed to take out= <BR> > a pro license.
    For starters, they should be getting a contract t=
    hat<BR> > actually pays them a salary with which they can
    support themselves. <B=

    > If you're getting 15k per year (or less) then you
    should be considered= <BR> > a well-supported
    amatuer.<BR> > <BR> > "Richard Longwood"
    <[email protected]> wr= ote in message
    <BR> >
    news:<[email protected]&gt;...<BR>
    </FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#008000">>> Wachovia USPRO
    Championship<BR> >> June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4
    mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km<BR> >> <BR> >>
    DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.<BR>
    >> <BR> >> <BR> >> Jason: Tell us all
    about it.<BR> </FONT></SPAN></FONT> </BODY> </HTML>

    --B_3169527712_28111594--

  7. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    [email protected] (kaiser) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Did you see how many of the US pros DNF'd? Shameful that
    > this race is called the US Pro Championships, as a US
    > rider so seldomly wins it.
    >
    > There should be a better criteria as far as who is allowed
    > to take out a pro license. For starters, they should be
    > getting a contract that actually pays them a salary with
    > which they can support themselves. If you're getting 15k
    > per year (or less) then you should be considered a well-
    > supported amatuer.

    Don't be so exclusionary. Compare USA Pro Cycling to USA
    Pro Baseball.

    Euro Pros (or, all Division One teams) are MLB's equivalent
    of the Big Leagues.

    The assorted sundry and various Div. II and III teams
    represent baseball's A, AA, and AAA (minor) leagues. Minor
    league players also make a tiny salary. Guys in class A ball
    are lucky to get $1,000/month during the 6 month season.

    They are still pros, just not Big League.

    However procycling has no minimum salary and I'd wager there
    are Division One pros who earn under $20K year in salary.

    -Ken

  8. K. J. Papai <[email protected]> wrote:

    > However procycling has no minimum salary and I'd wager
    > there are Division One pros who earn under $20K year
    > in salary.

    The minimum salary for a rider in a division one (or two)
    team is 23,000 Euros a year ($28,000). For a neo-pro it's
    just 20,000 Euros.

    This is from the UCI cycling regulations, chapter 2.16.056,
    article 3. I think if a team in division 1/2 fails to pay
    this much to any of its riders, they may be dropped to
    division 3.

    -as

  9. >Subject: Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
    >From: "Richard Longwood" [email protected]
    >Date: 6/8/2004 12:18 AM Central Standard Time
    >
    >Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4
    >mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
    >
    >DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
    >

    >Jason: Tell us all about it.

    I was a few riders off the back of the lead group when split
    happened the 10th and last time up the wall.

    I made it 147 miles and was in the second group on the road
    when my right hammy decided it had enough and cramped.

    done for the day. there weren't too many fat sprinters left
    in the group by that time...

    maybe next year.

    jason

  10. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "Antti Salonen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > K. J. Papai <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > However procycling has no minimum salary and I'd wager
    > > there are Division One pros who earn under $20K year in
    > > salary.
    >
    > The minimum salary for a rider in a division one (or two)
    > team is 23,000 Euros a year ($28,000). For a neo-pro it's
    > just 20,000 Euros.
    >
    > This is from the UCI cycling regulations, chapter
    > 2.16.056, article 3. I think if a team in division 1/2
    > fails to pay this much to any of its riders, they may be
    > dropped to division 3.
    >
    > -as

    That is one of the reasons that most of the pro teams in
    US are D3.

  11. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Jason Waddell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >Subject: Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
    > >From: "Richard Longwood" [email protected]
    > >Date: 6/8/2004 12:18 AM Central Standard Time Message-id:
    > ><[email protected]>
    > >
    > >Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA,
    > >14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
    > >
    > >DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
    > >

    > >Jason: Tell us all about it.
    >
    > I was a few riders off the back of the lead group when
    > split happened the
    10th
    > and last time up the wall.
    >
    > I made it 147 miles and was in the second group on the
    > road when my right
    hammy
    > decided it had enough and cramped.
    >
    > done for the day. there weren't too many fat sprinters
    > left in the group
    by
    > that time...
    >
    > maybe next year.

    Good ride and better luck next year Jason. Let's see the
    mouths on the net make one lap and up the wall at Pro
    racing speeds.

  12. Jason: You are 10 men!

    "Richard Longwood" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4
    > mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
    >
    > DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
    >

    > Jason: Tell us all about it.

  13. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Jason Waddell) wrote:

    > I was a few riders off the back of the lead group when
    > split happened the 10th and last time up the wall.
    >
    > I made it 147 miles and was in the second group on the
    > road when my right hammy decided it had enough and
    > cramped.
    >
    > done for the day. there weren't too many fat sprinters
    > left in the group by that time...
    >
    > maybe next year.
    >
    > jason

    I don't think that performance is anything to feel too
    bad about, Jason. It's a very long race (a lot longer
    than any other race you do, right?) and it sounds like
    you were pretty close at the important point when the
    split went. And, yeah, there is always next year.

    --
    tanx, Howard

    "Copper will never be gold" Shellac

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?