Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.

Richard Longwoo

Guest
Wachovia USPRO Championship
June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km

DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.

Jason: Tell us all about it.

Nobody told him there was a HILL!!

On 6/7/04 10:18 PM, in article
[email protected], "Richard Longwood"

Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BCEAA497.1F4B2%[email protected]>...
> Nobody told him there was a HILL!!
>

> On 6/7/04 10:18 PM, in article
> [email protected], "Richard Longwood"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA,
> > 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
> >
> > DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
> >

> > Jason: Tell us all about it.

Hey y'all,

Jason and I were just talking on our CB radio's. He is out
driving the truck during the week, and will post at the
next highway truckstop. 10-4 Good Buddy.

Thanks, Ronde Champ

Did you see how many of the US pros DNF'd? Shameful that
this race is called the US Pro Championships, as a US rider
so seldomly wins it.

There should be a better criteria as far as who is allowed
to take out a pro license. For starters, they should be
getting a contract that actually pays them a salary with
which they can support themselves. If you're getting 15k per
year (or less) then you should be considered a well-
supported amatuer.

"Richard Longwood" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:<[email protected]>...
> Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4
> mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
>
> DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
>

> Jason: Tell us all about it.

Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BCEAA497.1F4B2%[email protected]>...
> Nobody told him there was a HILL!!
>

> On 6/7/04 10:18 PM, in article
> [email protected], "Richard Longwood"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA,
> > 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
> >
> > DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
> >

> > Jason: Tell us all about it.

F*** all y'all. You're the same kind of losers as those that
sprint for 43rd place and think that riders in 100th place
should still be going for GC in the Tour.

You're not even smart enough to realize how stupid you
really are.

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader
> does not understand

--B_3169527712_28111594 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-
ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

And Freddy was saying the problem was that the race was
getting too EASY.......

On 6/8/04 4:49 AM, in article
[email protected], "kaiser"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Did you see how many of the US pros DNF'd? Shameful that
> this race is called the US Pro Championships, as a US
> rider so seldomly wins it.
>
> There should be a better criteria as far as who is allowed
> to take out a pro license. For starters, they should be
> getting a contract that actually pays them a salary with
> which they can support themselves. If you're getting 15k
> per year (or less) then you should be considered a well-
> supported amatuer.
>
> "Richard Longwood" <[email protected]> wrote
> in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA,
>> 14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
>>
>> DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
>>

>> Jason: Tell us all about it.

--B_3169527712_28111594 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-
ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Re: Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-
Mathis Bros.</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT FACE=3D"Verdana,
Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>And F=
reddy was saying the problem was that the race was getting
too EASY.......<B=

<BR> <BR> On 6/8/04 4:49 AM, in article
[email protected]= om,
"kaiser" <[email protected]> wrote:<BR>
<BR> <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF">> Did you see how many of
the US pros DNF'd? &nbsp= ;Shameful that this race is<BR>
> called the US Pro Championships, as a US rider so
seldomly wins it.<BR=

> <BR> > There should be a better criteria as far as
who is allowed to take out= <BR> > a pro license.
For starters, they should be getting a contract t=
hat<BR> > actually pays them a salary with which they can
support themselves. <B=

> If you're getting 15k per year (or less) then you
should be considered= <BR> > a well-supported
amatuer.<BR> > <BR> > "Richard Longwood"
<[email protected]> wr= ote in message
<BR> >
news:<[email protected]&gt;...<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#008000">>> Wachovia USPRO
Championship<BR> >> June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4
mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km<BR> >> <BR> >>
DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.<BR>
>> <BR> >> <BR> >> Jason: Tell us all
about it.<BR> </FONT></SPAN></FONT> </BODY> </HTML>

--B_3169527712_28111594--

[email protected] (kaiser) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Did you see how many of the US pros DNF'd? Shameful that
> this race is called the US Pro Championships, as a US
> rider so seldomly wins it.
>
> There should be a better criteria as far as who is allowed
> to take out a pro license. For starters, they should be
> getting a contract that actually pays them a salary with
> which they can support themselves. If you're getting 15k
> per year (or less) then you should be considered a well-
> supported amatuer.

Don't be so exclusionary. Compare USA Pro Cycling to USA
Pro Baseball.

Euro Pros (or, all Division One teams) are MLB's equivalent
of the Big Leagues.

The assorted sundry and various Div. II and III teams
represent baseball's A, AA, and AAA (minor) leagues. Minor
league players also make a tiny salary. Guys in class A ball
are lucky to get $1,000/month during the 6 month season.

They are still pros, just not Big League.

However procycling has no minimum salary and I'd wager there
are Division One pros who earn under $20K year in salary.

-Ken

K. J. Papai <[email protected]> wrote:

> However procycling has no minimum salary and I'd wager
> there are Division One pros who earn under $20K year
> in salary.

The minimum salary for a rider in a division one (or two)
team is 23,000 Euros a year ($28,000). For a neo-pro it's
just 20,000 Euros.

This is from the UCI cycling regulations, chapter 2.16.056,
article 3. I think if a team in division 1/2 fails to pay
this much to any of its riders, they may be dropped to
division 3.

-as

>Subject: Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
>From: "Richard Longwood" [email protected]
>Date: 6/8/2004 12:18 AM Central Standard Time
>
>Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4
>mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
>
>DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
>

>Jason: Tell us all about it.

I was a few riders off the back of the lead group when split
happened the 10th and last time up the wall.

I made it 147 miles and was in the second group on the road
when my right hammy decided it had enough and cramped.

done for the day. there weren't too many fat sprinters left
in the group by that time...

maybe next year.

jason

"Antti Salonen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> K. J. Papai <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > However procycling has no minimum salary and I'd wager
> > there are Division One pros who earn under $20K year in
> > salary.
>
> The minimum salary for a rider in a division one (or two)
> team is 23,000 Euros a year ($28,000). For a neo-pro it's
> just 20,000 Euros.
>
> This is from the UCI cycling regulations, chapter
> 2.16.056, article 3. I think if a team in division 1/2
> fails to pay this much to any of its riders, they may be
> dropped to division 3.
>
> -as

That is one of the reasons that most of the pro teams in
US are D3.

"Jason Waddell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Subject: Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
> >From: "Richard Longwood" [email protected]
> >Date: 6/8/2004 12:18 AM Central Standard Time Message-id:
> ><[email protected]>
> >
> >Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA,
> >14.4 mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
> >
> >DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
> >

> >Jason: Tell us all about it.
>
> I was a few riders off the back of the lead group when
> split happened the
10th
> and last time up the wall.
>
> I made it 147 miles and was in the second group on the
> road when my right
hammy
> decided it had enough and cramped.
>
> done for the day. there weren't too many fat sprinters
> left in the group
by
> that time...
>
> maybe next year.

Good ride and better luck next year Jason. Let's see the
mouths on the net make one lap and up the wall at Pro
racing speeds.

Jason: You are 10 men!

"Richard Longwood" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Wachovia USPRO Championship June 6: Philadelphia, PA, 14.4
> mile circuit, 156 miles/250 km
>
> DNF Jason Waddell (USA) Sharper Image-Mathis Bros.
>

> Jason: Tell us all about it.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Jason Waddell) wrote:

> I was a few riders off the back of the lead group when
> split happened the 10th and last time up the wall.
>
> I made it 147 miles and was in the second group on the
> road when my right hammy decided it had enough and
> cramped.
>
> done for the day. there weren't too many fat sprinters
> left in the group by that time...
>
> maybe next year.
>
> jason

I don't think that performance is anything to feel too
bad about, Jason. It's a very long race (a lot longer
than any other race you do, right?) and it sounds like
you were pretty close at the important point when the
split went. And, yeah, there is always next year.

--
tanx, Howard

"Copper will never be gold" Shellac

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?