JD (and other locals to Moab and Fruita)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Flyingcoyote, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    Just wondering if you'll be around between April 26th-28th and would like to hook up for
    some riding?

    I hadn't realized it was the same weekend as FFTF (will you be there, or avoiding it?) but, since
    none of us who will be heading over there have been to that, I don't think it really bothers any of
    us too much. Of course, it would be nice to have some of the trails to ourselves but, there's really
    no other weekends we can make it due to prior commitments for many of us. We'll probably stop by
    FFTF to check it out since it looks like Fruita is only a couple hours from Moab and we'll have 3
    days to ride.

    Can you recommend any good brewpubs near Moab or Fruita?
    --

    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com

  2. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just wondering if you'll be around between April 26th-28th and would like to hook up for
    > some riding?

    I'll be working, both for the FFTF and at my reg'lar job. I have the 28th off, but after guiding
    large groups at the FFTF, I'll probably not want to guide 15 people.

    > Can you recommend any good brewpubs near Moab or Fruita?

    Moab has no good beer, it's all 3.2% beer in UT, or as Pete calls it, brown water. Make sure you
    bring your own beer into UT, but don't let the Man catch you drinking real beer without their little
    tax sticker on it. Grand Junction has the Rockslide, the beer is OK and the food is good.

    JD

  3. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    > "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Just wondering if you'll be around between April 26th-28th and would
    like to
    > > hook up for some riding?
    >
    > I'll be working, both for the FFTF and at my reg'lar job. I have the 28th off, but after guiding
    > large groups at the FFTF, I'll probably not want to guide 15 people.
    >
    > > Can you recommend any good brewpubs near Moab or Fruita?
    >
    > Moab has no good beer, it's all 3.2% beer in UT, or as Pete calls it, brown water. Make sure you
    > bring your own beer into UT, but don't let the Man catch you drinking real beer without their
    > little tax sticker on it. Grand Junction has the Rockslide, the beer is OK and the food is good.
    >
    > JD

    Thanks for the info, JD.

    And it looks like a few people are dropping from the trip. Probably have closer to 8 people. Still a
    crowd though, but it should be fun.

    Since FFTF is that weekend as well, now some of us are considering racing it as well.

    --

    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    --

  4. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Just wondering if you'll be around between April 26th-28th and would
    > like to
    > > > hook up for some riding?
    > >
    > > I'll be working, both for the FFTF and at my reg'lar job. I have the 28th off, but after guiding
    > > large groups at the FFTF, I'll probably not want to guide 15 people.
    > >
    > > > Can you recommend any good brewpubs near Moab or Fruita?
    > >
    > > Moab has no good beer, it's all 3.2% beer in UT, or as Pete calls it, brown water. Make sure you
    > > bring your own beer into UT, but don't let the Man catch you drinking real beer without their
    > > little tax sticker on it. Grand Junction has the Rockslide, the beer is OK and the food is good.
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > Thanks for the info, JD.
    >
    > And it looks like a few people are dropping from the trip. Probably have closer to 8 people. Still
    > a crowd though, but it should be fun.
    >
    > Since FFTF is that weekend as well, now some of us are considering racing
    it
    > as well.

    I'll probably be riding the Hartman Rocks trails all by myself that weekend if you're interested in
    a 2.5 hour detour. Fruita is great but I avoid crowds if I can.

    Matt

  5. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Just wondering if you'll be around between April 26th-28th and would
    > like to
    > > > hook up for some riding?
    > >
    > > I'll be working, both for the FFTF and at my reg'lar job. I have the 28th off, but after guiding
    > > large groups at the FFTF, I'll probably not want to guide 15 people.
    > >
    > > > Can you recommend any good brewpubs near Moab or Fruita?
    > >
    > > Moab has no good beer, it's all 3.2% beer in UT, or as Pete calls it, brown water. Make sure you
    > > bring your own beer into UT, but don't let the Man catch you drinking real beer without their
    > > little tax sticker on it. Grand Junction has the Rockslide, the beer is OK and the food is good.
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > Thanks for the info, JD.
    >
    > And it looks like a few people are dropping from the trip. Probably have closer to 8 people. Still
    > a crowd though, but it should be fun.
    >
    > Since FFTF is that weekend as well, now some of us are considering racing it as well.

    There's a race?

    JD

  6. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    > "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Since FFTF is that weekend as well, now some of us are considering
    racing it
    > > as well.
    >
    > There's a race?
    >
    > JD

    Saturday April 26, 2003 Vegetarian Race 9 am (7:45 late registration at 18 Rd) $39 All Classes
    (includes FAT TIRE Saturday Night Blast Ticket/t-shirt) $10 RACE DAY LATE FEE begins April 24.
    To avoid ½ of the late fee, bring a receipt from any Grand Valley (Fruita, Grand Junction)
    TEXACO Station.

    http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1025984

    "The Vegetarian" RACE INFORMATION The course will set in a "cloverleaf fashion" at the 18 Rd site.
    Directions to the race will be available at the Information Tent as well as the race day schedule.
    All riders are required to wear a helmet. If there are less than 4 competitors in any class, the
    race reserves he right to move them to the next higher class.

    --

    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    --

  7. Reco Diver

    Reco Diver Guest

    > "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Just wondering if you'll be around between April 26th-28th and would like to hook up for some
    > > riding?
    >
    > I'll be working, both for the FFTF and at my reg'lar job. I have the 28th off, but after guiding
    > large groups at the FFTF, I'll probably not want to guide 15 people.
    >
    > > Can you recommend any good brewpubs near Moab or Fruita?
    >
    > Moab has no good beer, it's all 3.2% beer in UT, or as Pete calls it, brown water.

    1) Utah beer .... You don't buy it you just rent it.

    2) The Moab Pistol club ... Drink 'til midnight ... piss 'til dawn.

    > Make sure you bring your own beer into UT, but don't let the Man catch you drinking real beer
    > without their little tax sticker on it.

    And dont forget the blue laws, or the bootlegging laws.

    > Grand Junction has the Rockslide, the beer is OK and the food is good.
    >
    > JD

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'll probably be riding the Hartman Rocks trails all by myself that weekend if you're interested
    > in a 2.5 hour detour. Fruita is great but I avoid crowds if I can.

    Ummm....can I come over and ride that weekend?

    BTW, how are the rocks drying out for this weekend?

    JD

  9. John Spann

    John Spann Guest

    JD wrote:
    > "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>Just wondering if you'll be around between April 26th-28th and would like to hook up for
    >>some riding?
    >

    > I'll be working, both for the FFTF and at my reg'lar job. I have the 28th off, but after guiding
    > large groups at the FFTF, I'll probably not want to guide 15 people.
    >

    >>Can you recommend any good brewpubs near Moab or Fruita?
    >

    > Moab has no good beer, it's all 3.2% beer in UT, or as Pete calls it, brown water. Make sure you
    > bring your own beer into UT, but don't let the Man catch you drinking real beer without their
    > little tax sticker on it. Grand Junction has the Rockslide, the beer is OK and the food is good.
    >
    > JD

    Yes, Rockslide is tasty.

    juan spanos

  10. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I'll probably be riding the Hartman Rocks trails all by myself that
    weekend
    > > if you're interested in a 2.5 hour detour. Fruita is great but I avoid crowds if I can.
    >
    > Ummm....can I come over and ride that weekend?
    >
    > BTW, how are the rocks drying out for this weekend?
    >
    > JD

    You're always welcome! I'm doing a little recon this weekend and will let you know.

    Matt

  11. Jd

    Jd Guest

    John Spann <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > JD wrote:
    > > "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > >>Just wondering if you'll be around between April 26th-28th and would like to hook up for some
    > >>riding?
    > >

    > > I'll be working, both for the FFTF and at my reg'lar job. I have the 28th off, but after guiding
    > > large groups at the FFTF, I'll probably not want to guide 15 people.
    > >

    > >>Can you recommend any good brewpubs near Moab or Fruita?
    > >

    > > Moab has no good beer, it's all 3.2% beer in UT, or as Pete calls it, brown water. Make sure you
    > > bring your own beer into UT, but don't let the Man catch you drinking real beer without their
    > > little tax sticker on it. Grand Junction has the Rockslide, the beer is OK and the food is good.
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > Yes, Rockslide is tasty.
    >
    > juan spanos

    You freak. I hope you're getting some miles in. I still see snow up high from the Shack, but recon
    up high is a few weeks around the corner. September is getting closer.

    JD

  12. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > I'll probably be riding the Hartman Rocks trails all by myself that
    > weekend
    > > > if you're interested in a 2.5 hour detour. Fruita is great but I avoid crowds if I can.
    > >
    > > Ummm....can I come over and ride that weekend?
    > >
    > > BTW, how are the rocks drying out for this weekend?
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > You're always welcome! I'm doing a little recon this weekend and will let you know.

    Cool. Angry and I just did a little recon here. It was rippin' fast.

    JD

  13. John Spann

    John Spann Guest

    JD wrote:
    > John Spann <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>JD wrote:
    >>
    >>>"FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>>news:<[email protected]>...

    >>>I'll be working, both for the FFTF and at my reg'lar job. I have the 28th off, but after guiding
    >>>large groups at the FFTF, I'll probably not want to guide 15 people.

    >>>Moab has no good beer, it's all 3.2% beer in UT, or as Pete calls it, brown water. Make sure you
    >>>bring your own beer into UT, but don't let the Man catch you drinking real beer without their
    >>>little tax sticker on it. Grand Junction has the Rockslide, the beer is OK and the food is good.
    >>>
    >>>JD
    >>
    >>Yes, Rockslide is tasty.
    >>
    >>juan spanos
    >

    > You freak. I hope you're getting some miles in. I still see snow up high from the Shack, but recon
    > up high is a few weeks around the corner. September is getting closer.
    >
    > JD

    Aye. Have this coming week off. Think I'll head back to Sedona where my previous trip was a washout.
    It snowed, rained, and sleeted the three days I was there. The two shops I checked in at said the
    trails were way too wet. So, I taxied around mom-in-law and wife. Ate too much. Drank too much (Oak
    Creek Brewery, yum). Sat around too much. It was good. Tucson might be a good ride as well. Just a
    couple of day trips to wash work out of my head.

    Juan Spanos

  14. Jd

    Jd Guest

    John Spann <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Aye. Have this coming week off. Think I'll head back to Sedona where my previous trip was a
    > washout. It snowed, rained, and sleeted the three days I was there. The two shops I checked in at
    > said the trails were way too wet. So, I taxied around mom-in-law and wife. Ate too much. Drank too
    > much (Oak Creek Brewery, yum). Sat around too much. It was good. Tucson might be a good ride as
    > well. Just a couple of day trips to wash work out of my head.
    >
    > Juan Spanos

    Kickass. Get out of that rat race for a few days and breathe in the air. It cures what ails you.

    JD