JD bought a Santa Crud

Hey I am getting the Santa Crud Bullit. Am I being set up for dissapointment?

Tim

Tim Burgher wrote:
> Hey I am getting the Santa Crud Bullit. Am I being set up for dissapointment?

I pretty much think single-pivot bikes suck. But that's just MSEO *.

Others don't care much for their quality.

Greg

* My Supremely Enlightened Opinion
--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

"Tim Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey I am getting the Santa Crud Bullit. Am I being set up for dissapointment?

Not a chance. I love my Superlight, have had zero problems with any aspect of the bike, from design
to workmanship, and wouldn't trade it for anything I've ridden so far.

As far as opinions of the regulars around here go, who are ya gonna believe, JD or Greg?
Tough call ;-)

> Tim Burgher wrote:
> > Hey I am getting the Santa Crud Bullit. Am I being set up for dissapointment?
> >

> I pretty much think single-pivot bikes suck. But that's just MSEO *.
>
> Others don't care much for their quality.

I think some of their welding crew are better than others, as I've seen neat SC welding and ropey
stuff. Might be a bike best bought chosen out of thousands as they swim gaily around a decent bike
shop, rather than mail ordered unseen so you can check for finrot.

I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.

Andy Chequer

Doug Taylor wrote:
> "Tim Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Hey I am getting the Santa Crud Bullit. Am I being set up for dissapointment?
>

> Not a chance. I love my Superlight, have had zero problems with any aspect of the bike, from
> design to workmanship, and wouldn't trade it for anything I've ridden so far.
>
> As far as opinions of the regulars around here go, who are ya gonna believe, JD or Greg? Tough
> call ;-)

Well, workmanship is subjective so that's a judgement call (as long as they don't break). OTOH,
objectively and in the grand scheme of things single-pivots suck.

Greg

--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

I agree with Doug. My SL is very sweet.

"Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Tim Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hey I am getting the Santa Crud Bullit. Am I being set up for dissapointment?
>
> Not a chance. I love my Superlight, have had zero problems with any
aspect
> of the bike, from design to workmanship, and wouldn't trade it for
anything
> I've ridden so far.
>
> As far as opinions of the regulars around here go, who are ya gonna
believe,
> JD or Greg? Tough call ;-)

> Well, workmanship is subjective so that's a judgement call (as long as
they
> don't break). OTOH, objectively and in the grand scheme of things single-pivots suck.

"Suck" is subjective, as you know. "Objectively," ALL FS designs are flawed in one way or another.
If they (theortically) don't bob like a single pivot and other designs necessarily will, then they
are too heavy (Epic, Blur, Maverick). But a little bob isn't the end of the world, and the good
aspects of FS greatly outweigh it. If you really are bothered by bob, the rear lock-out is easily
accessible on a Superlight or Heckler. And, single pivots are cheaper, simpler, lighter, and have
less parts to wear out and replace than other FS designs.

"Workmanship" is objective when the question is whether the bike breaks or falls apart. Say what you
will, but I have ridden the **** out of mine for 10 months and have not had the slightest problem.

One thing we can all agree on, as in the photo of "J.D.'s" Superlight: bar ends on risers ;-)

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >As far as opinions of the regulars around here go, who are ya gonna believe, JD or Greg? Tough
> >call ;-)
>
> Oh please, not it's not. Just enjoy your bike and don't worry about anyones opinion.

Are you seriously saying that anything can be "right" or "cool" and that mountain biking can be
enjoyed without JD's or Greg's seal of approval? What, are you nuts? ;-)

(Hint for usenet newbies: do a google search on emoticons and find out what ";-)" means.)

<[email protected]> wrote in message

> Now go, and your ride your bike. The hypocrites are outnumbered. Ride it if it's 45 pounds. Ride
> it if it's 21 pounds.

Now THAT's some advice to live with.............

Take it.

Marty

[email protected] wrote:
>>Are you seriously saying that anything can be "right" or "cool" and that mountain biking can be
>>enjoyed without JD's or Greg's seal of approval? What, are you nuts? ;-)
>

> Now go my child, go to your fabulous two wheeled, non motorized riding machine. Make no mind of
> what some hypocrite in Colorado or California has to say. In their world, nothing is good.

You lie! My bike is PERFECT! And my trails are PERFECT! And my weather is PERFECT! And I'm PERFECT!

> In their mountainous world, the word has not gotten out that riding bicycles off road, with fat
> knobby tires, has grown outside of their minute litle world.

Oh, there are plenty of mountains around the world so it's not a minute little world.

> Outside of their world, there is a much larger world where people ride and enjoy bikes
> manufactured by the likes of Santa Cruz, Kona, Cannondale, Trek, Gary Fisher and so on. These
> people ride these bikes making not even a slightest thought of some 6' 7" mutant in Colorado.

Yes, they ride them without thought of some 6'7" freak, and most even ride them without succumbing
to magazine hype. That's something you should try some day.

> These bikes they ride aren't all equipped with a Surly rigid fork, and they are not all specially
> fabricated by Chet Peach, but they are bikes that take them away from the stresses of life and
> back to their childhood.

Blah blah blah.

> Now go, and your ride your bike. The hypocrites are outnumbered. Ride it if it's 45 pounds. Ride
> it if it's 21 pounds.

Yes, ride it like it's not some hyped up POS. If you can, that is.

Greg
--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| >Why can't you practice what you preach spank-boy?
| >--
|
| >Pete Fagerlin
| >http://www.petefagerlin.com
|
| I don't care what anyone thinks about my personal collection of bikes.

That's called back pedaling.

"Just enjoy your bike and don't worry about anyones opinion."

Why do you care so much about the opinions of a bunch of people that you've never met? Is it because
those people that threaten you so much have consistently made you look like such a fool?

What I do care about is the constant referring to the likes of Kona, for
| instance,

Why? You, and many other insecure folks on this newsgroup, need to work on seperating your
self-worth from your favorite bike brand.

That's like me saying Mercedes
| SUV's are no good because they can't stand up to a crash with a tiny little Dodge Neon, right?

Not right at all but given your long, long history of "not getting it" I'm not surprised that you
continue to be yanked around like a marrionette in a hurricane.

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita Trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

"Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<fPcL9.319$%[email protected]>... <snipski>
> you continue to be yanked around like a marrionette in a hurricane.

Howdy Doodski will never get it, which is what makes him so very amusing.

JD

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >and most even ride them without succumbing to magazine hype. That's something you should try
> >some day.
>
> I haven't succumbed to anything. None of my bikes have any space age suspension designs. None of
> them sport any space age frame material. I've got one that has disc brakes, but I bought that bike
> with discs more on what I read from those who use them on this group then any test I had read in
> any publication. My most expensive bike was under $1600. The funny thing is the opinions that you
> and the others have aren't any different then what is printed in a magazine, so what's the
> difference? None, nice try :)

so ya ever ride them? Post a RR sometime.