Jealous!

Bean Long

Guest
Everyone seems to be getting new bikes. I've been dreaming of one for
months now but haven't got the dough (despite the $3000 from Johnny for the
new bub... which seemed to disappear on nappies in 5 min). I think I'll
just sit in the corner and pout! :-{

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
Bean Long said:
Everyone seems to be getting new bikes. I've been dreaming of one for months now but haven't got the dough (despite the $3000 from Johnny for the new bub... which seemed to disappear on nappies in 5 min). I think I'll just sit in the corner and pout! :-{

Ah diddums. :(
With our nu bike, we didn't have $3K to kick around. But we did spent a considerable amount of time researching & fiddling about. It's mildly important to get the geometry right when you're 155cm short. Over throwing money around at the LBS, only to find it's a sh!t fit.

LotteBum

New Member
Nov 2, 2004
1,138
Bean Long wrote

Everyone seems to be getting new bikes. I've been dreaming of one for
months now but haven't got the dough (despite the $3000 from Johnny for the
new bub... which seemed to disappear on nappies in 5 min). I think I'll
just sit in the corner and pout! :-{

Bean, this is where you made your mistake - YOU HAD JUST ONE CHILD PRIOR TO JULY 2006. Here's a tip for you all:

When attempting to impregnate your significant other, do it properly. I'm talking big, fat, multiple births! Another thing to consider is timing. From July 2006, the baby bonus increases to $5,000. So the idea would be to practise REALLY hard, then start trying early 2006 (you wouldn't want to waste all your hard work on premature babies!), pop out, at the very least, quadruplets after July and receive your 4 (or 5) x $5,000. That's enough for quite a nice bikes. You could even buy your significant other a bike and two trailers to carry the your new anchors around in.

Anyway, that's my plan. Now, back to practising for my multiple birth in 2006. Actually, I'm fairly sure it goes up even more in another couple of years, so I might even wait a bit longer! Either way, I'm going to end up quite the concrete mixer.

LotteBum

I'm full of good advice today, aren't I?

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
LotteBum said:
Bean, this is where you made your mistake - YOU HAD JUST ONE CHILD PRIOR TO JULY 2006. Here's a tip for you all:

When attempting to impregnate your significant other, do it properly. I'm talking big, fat, multiple births! Another thing to consider is timing. From July 2006, the baby bonus increases to $5,000. So the idea would be to practise REALLY hard, then start trying early 2006 (you wouldn't want to waste all your hard work on premature babies!), pop out, at the very least, quadruplets after July and receive your 4 (or 5) x $5,000. That's enough for quite a nice bikes. You could even buy your significant other a bike and two trailers to carry the your new anchors around in.

Could the parenting guidelines be *slightly* altered to bike ownership or multiple cat/dog households? C'mon, we're doing our bit for the nation!

Hmmmm,
Bicycles approx x 20
Cats n' dogs x 3
23 x $5000 = $115 000

Wooooohooo there goes a big chunk of the mortgage. :D :D

Tamyka Bell

Guest
LotteBum wrote:

> Bean Long wrote
>
> Everyone seems to be getting new bikes. I've been dreaming of one for
> months now but haven't got the dough (despite the $3000 from Johnny for
> the
> new bub... which seemed to disappear on nappies in 5 min). I think I'll
> just sit in the corner and pout! :-{
>
> Bean, this is where you made your mistake - YOU HAD JUST ONE CHILD
> PRIOR TO JULY 2006. Here's a tip for you all:
>
> When attempting to impregnate your significant other, do it properly.
> I'm talking big, fat, multiple births! Another thing to consider is
> timing. From July 2006, the baby bonus increases to $5,000. So the
> idea would be to practise REALLY hard, then start trying early 2006
> (you wouldn't want to waste all your hard work on premature babies!),
> pop out, at the very least, quadruplets after July and receive your 4
> (or 5) x $5,000. That's enough for quite a nice bikes. You could even
> buy your significant other a bike and two trailers to carry the your new
> anchors around in.
>
> Anyway, that's my plan. Now, back to practising for my multiple birth
> in 2006. Actually, I'm fairly sure it goes up even more in another
> couple of years, so I might even wait a bit longer! Either way, I'm
> going to end up quite the concrete mixer.
>
> LotteBum
>
> I'm full of good advice today, aren't I?

You are a vile, despicable creature... and I love it!!!!!

Me, I'm just waiting for the right talent scout... I haven't yet figured
out what my talent is... maybe dancing with a beer on my head?

Tam

Bean Long

Guest
I heard about some poor couple via my wife's mum's group. They had two sets
of twins just 11 months apart. Had they had 4 at once they would have been
given much more money and a few goodies from the government! There's
always someone worse off than yourself!

If you're planning multiple births... make it 4, not 2 or 3.

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
"LotteBum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Bean Long wrote
>
> Everyone seems to be getting new bikes. I've been dreaming of one for
> months now but haven't got the dough (despite the $3000 from Johnny for
> the
> new bub... which seemed to disappear on nappies in 5 min). I think I'll
> just sit in the corner and pout! :-{
>
> Bean, this is where you made your mistake - YOU HAD JUST ONE CHILD
> PRIOR TO JULY 2006. Here's a tip for you all:
>
> When attempting to impregnate your significant other, do it properly.
> I'm talking big, fat, multiple births! Another thing to consider is
> timing. From July 2006, the baby bonus increases to $5,000. So the
> idea would be to practise REALLY hard, then start trying early 2006
> (you wouldn't want to waste all your hard work on premature babies!),
> pop out, at the very least, quadruplets after July and receive your 4
> (or 5) x $5,000. That's enough for quite a nice bikes. You could even
> buy your significant other a bike and two trailers to carry the your new
> anchors around in.
>
> Anyway, that's my plan. Now, back to practising for my multiple birth
> in 2006. Actually, I'm fairly sure it goes up even more in another
> couple of years, so I might even wait a bit longer! Either way, I'm
> going to end up quite the concrete mixer.
>
> LotteBum
>
> I'm full of good advice today, aren't I?
>

> --
> LotteBum

Tamyka Bell

Guest
Bean Long wrote:

> I heard about some poor couple via my wife's mum's group. They had two sets
> of twins just 11 months apart. Had they had 4 at once they would have been
> given much more money and a few goodies from the government! There's
> always someone worse off than yourself!
>
> If you're planning multiple births... make it 4, not 2 or 3.
>
> --
> Bean

11 months? Crikey! Catholic, maybe?

Tam

LotteBum

New Member
Nov 2, 2004
1,138
Tamyka wrote:

You are a vile, despicable creature... and I love it!!!!!

Thanks Tam. You will benefit from such sound advice.

Me, I'm just waiting for the right talent scout... I haven't yet figured
out what my talent is... maybe dancing with a beer on my head?

Do I have to pay to see this?!?

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
Bean Long said:
I heard about some poor couple via my wife's mum's group. They had two sets
of twins just 11 months apart. Had they had 4 at once they would have been
given much more money and a few goodies from the government! There's
always someone worse off than yourself!

If you're planning multiple births... make it 4, not 2 or 3.

i see (and have experienced) the flaw in your plan, moriarty!

having recieved said spawn, you are suddenly over-supplied in lack of sleep
(and better judgement. that'd explain the 2nd lot of twins no doubt) and time to ride the ultimate goal of this folly. the bike, that is... :rolleyes:

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
flyingdutch said:
i see (and have experienced) the flaw in your plan, moriarty!

having recieved said spawn, you are suddenly over-supplied in lack of sleep
(and better judgement. that'd explain the 2nd lot of twins no doubt) and time to ride the ultimate goal of this folly. the bike, that is... :rolleyes:

Sod that, we're sticking to the cat/dog/bike plan. At least when the calico starts pissfarting around we can put her in the laundry.

Tamyka Bell

Guest
LotteBum wrote:

> Tamyka wrote:
>
> You are a vile, despicable creature... and I love it!!!!!
>
> Thanks Tam. You will benefit from such sound advice.
>
> Me, I'm just waiting for the right talent scout... I haven't yet
> figured
> out what my talent is... maybe dancing with a beer on my head?
>
> Do I have to pay to see this?!?
>
> --
> LotteBum

;) for you it's free.

Tam

Bean Long

Guest
No... forgetful. Our two are 22 months apart... that's bad enough. My
cousin has two that are, wait for it, just under 10 months apart!!!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
"Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]du.au> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Bean Long wrote:
> >
> > I heard about some poor couple via my wife's mum's group. They had two

sets
> > of twins just 11 months apart. Had they had 4 at once they would have

been
> > given much more money and a few goodies from the government! There's
> > always someone worse off than yourself!
> >
> > If you're planning multiple births... make it 4, not 2 or 3.
> >
> > --
> > Bean

> 11 months? Crikey! Catholic, maybe?
>
> Tam

Tamyka Bell

Guest
Bean Long wrote:

> No... forgetful. Our two are 22 months apart... that's bad enough. My
> cousin has two that are, wait for it, just under 10 months apart!!!
>
> --
> Bean

Crazy fertile people. Too much country living, that's what I'll blame it
on.

Tam

SteveA

New Member
Jul 15, 2004
1,309
Bean Long said:
I heard about some poor couple via my wife's mum's group. They had two sets
of twins just 11 months apart. Had they had 4 at once they would have been
given much more money and a few goodies from the government! There's
always someone worse off than yourself!

If you're planning multiple births... make it 4, not 2 or 3.

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

A chap who worked for me had twins. Only, he wasn't expecting any more than the one baby. He had bought all the baby things like car seat etc but only one set. It wasn't until the actual birth that the second baby made its presence known. *********** what a shock. May have had something to do with the fact that they never had any more children.

SteveA

Terry Collins

Guest
Tamyka Bell wrote:
> Bean Long wrote:
>
>>No... forgetful. Our two are 22 months apart... that's bad enough. My
>>cousin has two that are, wait for it, just under 10 months apart!!!
>>
>>--
>>Bean

> Crazy fertile people. Too much country living, that's what I'll blame it
> on.

You might want to ask if they breator bottle fed.

Pre contraception, 3 years was the magic gap in a few generations with
10-13 in each family o both sides. Raises the question why and
theaccepted answer was tht wasthe usual breat feeding time.

> Tam

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
cfsmtb said:
Sod that, we're sticking to the cat/dog/bike plan. At least when the calico starts pissfarting around we can put her in the laundry.

bit of a presumption on your part. We put em in the laundry all the time :D

(PS daughter came home with Hello-Kitty headband from Macca's the other day. and no, it was not my idea to let her go near the place. kids b'day party)

TimC

Guest
On 2005-06-21, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)

> cfsmtb Wrote:
>> Sod that, we're sticking to the cat/dog/bike plan. At least when the
>> calico starts pissfarting around we can put her in the laundry.

Calico is a cat, right?

Whereas mine just place themselves in the laundry basket, under the
clothes, head popped up saying "hello there, stranger!". So then I
dump them in the washing machine, and set it to "spin"[1][2]. Serve
'em right for shitting on my chair :)

> (PS daughter came home with Hello-Kitty headband from Macca's the other
> day. and no, it was not my idea to let her go near the place. kids b'day
> party)

Any good parent would ban their childrin from even interacting with
the heathens who eat maccas :)

I'm sorry, ever since I saw the hello kitty vibrator, hello kitty has
been ruined for me :)

ObBikes: Gee, the wind was a bit nicer this morning. Average speed
was above 20 almost. Yikes! I like winter, except for the wind, the
rain, and the cold.

[1] I'm pretty sure I heard some ******* shelf stackers talking about
how they skinned a cat, lastnight at the stupormarket.
[2] Only kidding.

--
TimC
Hacking's just another word for nothing left to kludge.

LotteBum

New Member
Nov 2, 2004
1,138
Terry Collins wrote:

You might want to ask if they breator bottle fed.

It would almost definitely have been bottle.

Pre contraception, 3 years was the magic gap in a few generations with
10-13 in each family o both sides. Raises the question why and
theaccepted answer was tht wasthe usual breat feeding time.

Back when it was commonly believed that children were to be breast fed until age 3, yes. Eugh.

The reason for this is that the menstrual cycle shuts down whilst a woman is breastfeeding.

When I have quintuplets in 2006, I'm going to breast feed them until they're 8.

LotteBum

DaveB

Guest
TimC wrote:

> ObBikes: Gee, the wind was a bit nicer this morning. Average speed
> was above 20 almost. Yikes! I like winter, except for the wind, the
> rain, and the cold.

yesterday's wind and cold destroyed me, or maybe I was a little weary
from BR. But I had to take a detour on the way home to gte an emergency
supply of snakes. Thought I was just gonna keel over from lack of energy. :(

DaveB "now too tired to go running, grrrr"

Theo Bekkers

Guest
LotteBum wrote:

> The reason for this is that the menstrual cycle shuts down whilst a
> woman is breastfeeding.

Don't bet on it. I know several people who did, but hey, it got me another
granddaughter.

Theo