Jeanson: ''4Q Kanada''

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Davey Crockett, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Genevieve Jeanson is fed up of waiting for the Kanadjun Wankers to to quit Jerking Off and has
    applied for an Untied States license.

    It would seem to be a travesty that the Quebec (Canada) Sports Federation (FQSC) cannot decide until
    after the season started recently whether she is in good enough health to race. And in any case,
    fitness to race should not preclude the issuance of a license. Normal procedure is to pull it for a
    coupla weeks if heaemocrit is high.

    But it would be a travesty of a greater magnitude still if the USCF granted her a license should the
    Kanajuns have legitimate reasons for withholding one and a precedent the consequences of which can
    bode only harm for the beleaguered sport of cycling.

    There isn't any sign of Prick Pound (or one of his bum-boys) commenting upon the matter yet though.

    (Source Radio Canada - French Language Service)

    --
    le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

    Tags:

  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    It's absurd that they haven't granted her a license. She has not tested positive for any banned
    substance and she has had nothing proven against her as to being supplied with any illegal
    substances. Not that she's been racing clean, but her federation does not seem to have any reason to
    not issue a license. How would she get a USAC license? By taking up legal residence in the US?

    In-as-much-as there has been no positive test result, I understand why Pound and WADA would have any
    reason to comment on the situation.

    "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com...
    > Genevieve Jeanson is fed up of waiting for the Kanadjun Wankers to to quit
    Jerking Off and has applied for an Untied States license.

    > It would seem to be a travesty that the Quebec (Canada) Sports Federation
    (FQSC) cannot decide until after the season started recently whether she is in good enough health to
    race. And in any case, fitness to race should not preclude the issuance of a license. Normal
    procedure is to pull it for a coupla weeks if heaemocrit is high.

    > But it would be a travesty of a greater magnitude still if the USCF
    granted her a license should the Kanajuns have legitimate reasons for withholding one and a
    precedent the consequences of which can bode only harm for the beleaguered sport of cycling.

    > There isn't any sign of Prick Pound (or one of his bum-boys) commenting
    upon the matter yet though.

    > (Source Radio Canada - French Language Service)
    >
    > --
    > le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

  3. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    news:Mqr%[email protected]...
    > It's absurd that they haven't granted her a license. She has not tested positive for any banned
    > substance and she has had nothing proven against
    her
    > as to being supplied with any illegal substances. Not that she's been racing clean, but her
    > federation does not seem to have any reason to not issue a license. How would she get a USAC
    > license? By taking up legal residence in the US?
    >
    > In-as-much-as there has been no positive test result, I understand why
    Pound
    > and WADA would have any reason to comment on the situation.

    My understanding is that there is some politicking going on. They are using the license witholding
    to try to get someone to cooperate with their drug investigations. Her doctor was convicted of
    prescribing illegal drugs (including to Jeanson, although he later recanted) and there must be some
    kind of ongoing investigation. This is probably a more Canadian reaction. Like Ben Johnson, they'll
    try and get to the bottom of it, come heck or high water. In the US, they'd probably just cover it
    up like the USOC usually does.

    Cheers,

    Scott..

  4. "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> writes:

    > In-as-much-as there has been no positive test result, I understand why Pound and WADA would have
    > any reason to comment on the situation.

    Hmmmm. Dicky Bird has been mighty quiet of late.

    Usually he doesn't need much more than a whiff of pot to climb on his high horse and spout
    sanctimonious vertbal Diahorria like the Charlatan he is. But surprizingly it has been his bum-boy
    David Howland who has been doing most of ther running off at the mouth lately.

    Maybe Dicky Bird is scared that if he makes too much noise personally, he'll get his ass booted
    outta the YADDA-WADDA and have to find another gravy train since the IOC finally smartened up and
    fixed his Little Red Waggon.

    --

  5. "S. Anderson" <[email protected]> writes:

    > My understanding is that there is some politicking going on. They are using the license witholding
    > to try to get someone to cooperate with their drug investigations. Her doctor was convicted of
    > prescribing illegal drugs (including to Jeanson, although he later recanted) and there must be
    > some kind of ongoing investigation. This is probably a more Canadian reaction. Like Ben Johnson,
    > they'll try and get to the bottom of it, come heck or high water. In the US, they'd probably just
    > cover it up like the USOC usually does.

    You have it in a nutshell there Scott.

    But it's a crying shame that a bunch of wankerz deny a rider with no doping convictions a license
    and I'm incensed about it.

    I'm so incensed that I wrote the FQSC, CCA and UCI about it demanding that they resolve the matter
    statim before Canada becomes the butt of any more jokes.

    Or maybe I'm all screwed up and the Kbekerz are just fed up to the back teeth of Wankerz like Don
    Cherry (Kanadian Hockey Comemtator) and some US talk show host last week whose name I disremember
    both of whom seemed to think it fair game to ridicule, to a lesser, in Cherry's case, or greater
    degree, the long suffering citizens of La Belle Province and are in a round about manner putting the
    boots to the Rona Squad and effectively saying Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite == Separation.

    --
    le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

  6. Exactly,

    If it turns out Jeanson and her doctor were involved with doping there'd be a big stink here and
    likely someone demanding why she was allowed to race in the first place given the recent
    allegations. No one has a 'right' to get a racing licence especially considering the serious
    allegations and real sanction she received at the WC's. If she has to miss a couple of early season
    races to clear her name then so be it. It's not like she's missing anything terribly important.

    James "S. Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:EFr%[email protected]...
    > news:Mqr%[email protected]...
    > > It's absurd that they haven't granted her a license. She has not tested positive for any banned
    > > substance and she has had nothing proven against
    > her
    > > as to being supplied with any illegal substances. Not that she's been racing clean, but her
    > > federation does not seem to have any reason to not issue a license. How would she get a USAC
    > > license? By taking up legal residence in the US?
    > >
    > > In-as-much-as there has been no positive test result, I understand why
    > Pound
    > > and WADA would have any reason to comment on the situation.
    >
    > My understanding is that there is some politicking going on. They are
    using
    > the license witholding to try to get someone to cooperate with their drug investigations. Her
    > doctor was convicted of prescribing illegal drugs (including to Jeanson, although he later
    > recanted) and there must be some kind of ongoing investigation. This is probably a more Canadian
    > reaction. Like Ben Johnson, they'll try and get to the bottom of it, come heck or
    high
    > water. In the US, they'd probably just cover it up like the USOC usually does.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Scott..

  7. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com. ..
    > You have it in a nutshell there Scott.
    >
    > But it's a crying shame that a bunch of wankerz deny a rider with no
    doping convictions a license and I'm >incensed about it.

    > I'm so incensed that I wrote the FQSC, CCA and UCI about it demanding that
    they resolve the matter >statim before Canada becomes the butt of any more jokes.

    > Or maybe I'm all screwed up and the Kbekerz are just fed up to the back
    teeth of Wankerz like Don >Cherry (Kanadian Hockey Comemtator) and some US talk show host last week
    whose name I >disremember both of whom seemed to think it fair game to ridicule, to a lesser, in
    Cherry's case, or greater
    >degree, the long suffering citizens of La Belle Province and are in a round
    about manner putting the boots >to the Rona Squad and effectively saying Liberte, Egalite,
    Fraternite == Separation.

    I dunno if it's the Quebec sports body that is sticking it to her. I mean, she's one of their own. I
    guess we always talk about how we need to do something about doping, and I guess Canada will go
    ahead and do it. It's a fine line. I honestly believe most winning athletes dope. The testing
    procedures are always suspect, the athletes are always one step ahead of the testers, and that means
    that they'll do whatever they can to win and risk being caught. So if you tell your athletes that
    they can't dope and you're going to really crack down on them in your home country, you're basically
    conceding defeat. So do you do what the US does, tell the athletes not to do it and support them if
    they get caught, or do you crucify your athletes like Canada does in the name of "fair play"? And to
    make it worse, even when athletes DO get caught red-handed, they sue the relative bodies for
    defamation of character, lost wages for their projected career now that they've been "slandered"
    etc. It's a thorny issue. I say, let the phreaks do whatever drugs they want. They can always find
    another line of employment if they don't like it.

    Cheers,

    Scott..

  8. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "James P. Spooner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:Evs%[email protected]...
    > Exactly,
    >
    > If it turns out Jeanson and her doctor were involved with doping there'd
    be
    > a big stink here and likely someone demanding why she was allowed to race
    in
    > the first place given the recent allegations. No one has a 'right' to get
    > racing licence especially considering the serious allegations and real sanction she received at
    > the WC's. If she has to miss a couple of early season races to clear her name then so be it. It's
    > not like she's missing anything terribly important.
    >
    > James "S. Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:EFr%[email protected]...
    > > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:Mqr%[email protected]...
    > > > It's absurd that they haven't granted her a license. She has not
    tested
    > > > positive for any banned substance and she has had nothing proven
    against
    > > her
    > > > as to being supplied with any illegal substances. Not that she's been racing clean, but her
    > > > federation does not seem to have any reason to
    not
    > > > issue a license. How would she get a USAC license? By taking up
    legal
    > > > residence in the US?
    > > >
    > > > In-as-much-as there has been no positive test result, I understand why
    > > Pound
    > > > and WADA would have any reason to comment on the situation.
    > >
    > > My understanding is that there is some politicking going on. They are
    > using
    > > the license witholding to try to get someone to cooperate with their
    drug
    > > investigations. Her doctor was convicted of prescribing illegal drugs (including to Jeanson,
    > > although he later recanted) and there must be
    some
    > > kind of ongoing investigation. This is probably a more Canadian
    reaction.
    > > Like Ben Johnson, they'll try and get to the bottom of it, come heck or
    > high
    > > water. In the US, they'd probably just cover it up like the USOC
    usually
    > > does.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > >
    > > Scott..

    1. She received no sanction at the WCRR as she did not test positive for any illegal substance. Her
    hematocrit was over rthe permissible level and, pursuant to UCI rules, she was kept out of
    competition for several weeks for health protection. Her urine sample also tested negative for
    EPO but this is neither here nor there on the issue of no sanction for what happened.

    2. While I am not admitted to legal practice in Canada, I do not believe that she has an obligation
    to prove her innocence unless she is formally charged with a drug/UCI violation at which point
    the Canadian licensing authority must prove it's case. They may well do this if they can prove
    that the doctor did indeed give or cause to be given EPO to GJ or AA. But I've seen nothing thus
    far proving that other than a guilty plea by another (the good doctor) in an administrative
    proceeding. His guilty plea, even if if not recanted, would not, IMO, be in any way res judicata
    as to her. Until there is such a charge against her, I can't imagine a reason to properly deny
    her a license to race, assuming she is otherwise qualified.

  9. Long suffering? Pick up a paper dude. Read some history. Quebec does not suffer. The fact that they
    are delaying Jeanson's licence has nothing to do with the fact she's Quebecoise and everything to do
    with the fact she's Canadian (and yes, post-Ben Johnson). I hope she's clean but I'd rather have
    them make sure before she turns up positive. There will be no separation; please be serious. Don
    Cherry is a blowhard which is exactly why everyone loves him except the politically correct CBC (who
    can't get rid of him because he's the only ratings they have).

    James

    "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com. ..
    > "S. Anderson" <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    > > My understanding is that there is some politicking going on. They are
    using
    > > the license witholding to try to get someone to cooperate with their
    drug
    > > investigations. Her doctor was convicted of prescribing illegal drugs (including to Jeanson,
    > > although he later recanted) and there must be
    some
    > > kind of ongoing investigation. This is probably a more Canadian
    reaction.
    > > Like Ben Johnson, they'll try and get to the bottom of it, come heck or
    high
    > > water. In the US, they'd probably just cover it up like the USOC
    usually
    > > does.
    >
    > You have it in a nutshell there Scott.
    >
    > But it's a crying shame that a bunch of wankerz deny a rider with no
    doping convictions a license and I'm incensed about it.

    > I'm so incensed that I wrote the FQSC, CCA and UCI about it demanding that
    they resolve the matter statim before Canada becomes the butt of any more jokes.

    > Or maybe I'm all screwed up and the Kbekerz are just fed up to the back
    teeth of Wankerz like Don Cherry (Kanadian Hockey Comemtator) and some US talk show host last week
    whose name I disremember both of whom seemed to think it fair game to ridicule, to a lesser, in
    Cherry's case, or greater degree, the long suffering citizens of La Belle Province and are in a
    round about manner putting the boots to the Rona Squad and effectively saying Liberte, Egalite,
    Fraternite == Separation.

    > --
    > le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

  10. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]rs.com...
    > Genevieve Jeanson is fed up of waiting for the Kanadjun Wankers to to quit
    Jerking Off and has applied for an Untied States license.

    > It would seem to be a travesty that the Quebec (Canada) Sports Federation
    (FQSC) cannot decide until after the season started recently whether she is in good enough health to
    race. And in any case, fitness to race should not preclude the issuance of a license. Normal
    procedure is to pull it for a coupla weeks if heaemocrit is high.

    > But it would be a travesty of a greater magnitude still if the USCF
    granted her a license should the Kanajuns have legitimate reasons for withholding one and a
    precedent the consequences of which can bode only harm for the beleaguered sport of cycling.

    > There isn't any sign of Prick Pound (or one of his bum-boys) commenting
    upon the matter yet though.

    > (Source Radio Canada - French Language Service)

    Yet another holdup in her career march towards the Grande Boucle. I can't wait till she races
    against the big guns in Europe where there are 5 or 6 hard high altitude stages in a row. Seperate
    the men from the boys, or in this case the girls from the women. I want her see her go head to
    head with Fabi, Joanne and Brandli. It's too bad by the time she gets there Joanne and Fabi might
    be retired.

    B-

  11. "James P. Spooner" <[email protected]> writes:

    > Long suffering? Pick up a paper dude. Read some history. Quebec does not suffer. The fact that
    > they are delaying Jeanson's licence has nothing to do with the fact she's Quebecoise and
    > everything to do with the fact she's Canadian (and yes, post-Ben Johnson). I hope she's clean but
    > I'd rather have them make sure before she turns up positive. There will be no separation; please
    > be serious. Don Cherry is a blowhard which is exactly why everyone loves him except the
    > politically correct CBC (who can't get rid of him because he's the only ratings they have).

    YHBT YHL HAND

    --
    le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

  12. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    "James P. Spooner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:H0t%[email protected]...
    > Don Cherry is a blowhard which is exactly why everyone loves him except the politically correct
    > CBC (who can't get rid of him because he's the only ratings they have).

    Haha! It's so true! Remember when Ron MacLean was holding out for more money? And Don said "If he
    ain't on, I ain't on!" Wow, they signed MacLean in seconds after that! Heehee...hey, he DOES know
    hockey though, if nothing else.

    Cheers,

    Scott..

  13. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    news:OQs%[email protected]...
    > 2. While I am not admitted to legal practice in Canada, I do not believe that she has an
    > obligation to prove her innocence unless she is formally charged with a drug/UCI violation at
    > which point the Canadian licensing authority must prove it's case. They may well do this if
    > they can prove that the doctor did indeed give or cause to be given EPO to GJ or AA. But I've
    > seen nothing thus far proving that other than a guilty plea by
    another
    > (the good doctor) in an administrative proceeding. His guilty plea, even
    if
    > if not recanted, would not, IMO, be in any way res judicata as to her. Until there is such a
    > charge against her, I can't imagine a reason to properly deny her a license to race, assuming she
    > is otherwise qualified.

    Like I say, I think someone (I don't know who specifically..) is being pressured by these tactics on
    the part of the sanctioning body. If she challenges the license issue legally she may win, but it
    will take months. So basically, they're trying to say to someone "Play ball and she can race..". I
    fundamentally agree with you, she hasn't been charged or convicted so she should get a license.
    Reality is sometimes different though.

    Cheers,

    Scott..

  14. "Sierraman" <[email protected]> writes:

    > Yet another holdup in her career march towards the Grande Boucle. I can't wait till she races
    > against the big guns in Europe where there are 5 or 6 hard high altitude stages in a row. Seperate
    > the men from the boys, or in this case the girls from the women. I want her see her go head to
    > head with Fabi, Joanne and Brandli. It's too bad by the time she gets there Joanne and Fabi might
    > be retired.

    Yes, a sad holdup in her career.

    I too would like to see what Jeanson might do in the ''Big Leagues'' but without a license she isn't
    going to get a chance.

    It's now five months (give or take a week or so) since the WCRR and the Learned Doctor affairs and
    it isn't unreasonable to expect that the Quebec Federation could have concluded such enquiries as
    they deemed necessary.

    My position is that they should issue the license and deal with any infractions if, as and when
    they arise.

    It's clear, to me at least, that the rules are being ''bent'' for political reasons. And once you
    start doing that, you might as well throw out the whole rule book because the next time it is even
    easier to bend the rules a little further.

    I'm really incensed here to be honest because on two occasions I have suffered personally from rules
    being bent to suit political purposes. Once almost 50 years ago when the old BLRC joined up with the
    NCU under written assurance that BLRC riders (like me) who had taken cash prizes and/or ridden in
    ''non-sanctioned'' events (usually grass track sports days where they handed you an envelope with
    folding money in it) would not be sanctioned either by the NCU (Brit Governing body at the time) or
    by the IOC which assurances were negated almost immediately. Within a week the NCU revoked the
    Amateur License, offering a Pro License and the IOC gave us a LifeTime Ban just as Melbourne was
    coming up.

    And again a few years ago when I won an International Masters Three Day but was denied the prize and
    the placing because I had a license which was neither Canadian nor US and therefore hadn't been
    eligible to compete. Didn't even get my entry money back!!

    Sorry to run on. I just feel so bad for Jeanson.

    --
    le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

  15. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com. ..
    > Genevieve Jeanson is fed up of waiting for the Kanadjun Wankers to to quit
    Jerking Off and has applied for an Untied States license.

    Can't link to this, so I've posted it verbatim. They also subsequently reported that she has
    expressed interest in a US license but has not received one.

    Jeanson Without Licence, Duquette Hearing Re-opens

    Canadian Cyclist has learned that Genèvieve Jeanson is currently without a racing licence, which is
    the primary reason she was unable to start the Valley of the Sun stage race in Arizona earlier this
    month. The stated reason at the time was that Jeanson was sick, and a spokesperson for Jeanson says
    that she did have a sore throat, but also confirmed that she had not been issued a racing licence by
    the FQSC (Fédération Québécoise des sports cyclistes).

    According to the Rona team, the problem is one of paperwork, caused by the FQSC. However, FQSC
    Director General Louis Barbeau denies this, although he was unwilling to comment on the exact reason
    for the delay.

    "She'll have a licence, and will be able to race at Redlands (April), but I can't comment any more
    on the reasons (for the delay) at this point."

    It is highly unusual for a rider of Jeanson's calibre not to have a licence by this point in the
    season, since it is expected that professionals will begin their racing season early in warmer
    climates. There is speculation that the delay is part of a negotiating tactic by the CCA and the
    FQSC to force Jeanson to provide answers to their enquiries regarding her forced withdrawal at the
    Road Worlds in Hamilton last Fall.

    Jeanson recorded a hematocrit level higher than allowed the day of the women's road race (in which
    she was a favourite to medal), which means a mandatory suspension of racing privileges for 15 days.
    The subsequent urine test for banned substances came back negative (Jeanson has never tested
    positive), but the event completely overshadowed the actual women's road race, and was a huge
    embarassment to the CCA. Jeanson's hematocrit level was never revealed.

    Jeanson did have a meeting before Christmas with the CCA to discuss her situation and answer
    questions, according to Barbeau.

    "Yes, we met, with some members of a scientific commission present, to ask some questions. Some
    questions were answered and some remained unanswered. We were able to get some of the answers we
    were looking for, but not all of them."

    The situation was compounded by an inquiry by the Quebec College of Physicians and Surgeons into
    inappropriate prescription of EPO by Doctor Maurice Duquette, who was Jeanson's doctor. While both
    Jeanson and Duquette denied that he had ever prescribed EPO to her, Duquette pled guilty to 13
    charges, including one concerning Jeanson (he subsequently released a statement saying that the
    Jeanson charge was false), and was sanctioned. Jeanso also held a press conference to admit that her
    name was one of the ones listed in the College inquiry.

    That affair has now been re-opened, with a hearing scheduled to take place March 22nd in Montreal.
    Duquette has reportedly fired his lawyer and hired a new one, arguing that the first lawyer did not
    have permission to plead guilty on the doctor's behalf. It is unclear what the new plea will be:
    guilty, not guilty, or guilty to only some of the charges. The latter could mean that Duquette will
    admit to inappropriate prescribing of EPO to some patients, but not to Jeanson, for example.

    There has long been friction between the national team, other national team members (particularly
    Lyne Bessette), and Jeanson and her coach (Andre Aubut). With 2004 an Olympic year, and with Jeanson
    still not having met the full Olympic qualification criteria, the national body may be trying to
    exert some pressure on Jeanson to become more of a team player.

    Jeanson is currently training in Arizona. In addition to Redlands, she is scheduled to race at
    the Sea Otter Classic and then go to Europe to compete in the Fleche Wallonne Women's World Cup
    (April 21st), where she needs to achieve a top-8 result in order to fulfill the Olympic
    eligibility criteria.

  16. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]rs.com...
    > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    > > Yet another holdup in her career march towards the Grande Boucle. I
    can't
    > > wait till she races against the big guns in Europe where there are 5 or
    6
    > > hard high altitude stages in a row. Seperate the men from the boys, or
    in
    > > this case the girls from the women. I want her see her go head to head
    with
    > > Fabi, Joanne and Brandli. It's too bad by the time she gets there Joanne
    and
    > > Fabi might be retired.
    > >

    > Yes, a sad holdup in her career.
    >
    > I too would like to see what Jeanson might do in the ''Big Leagues'' but
    without a license she isn't going to get a chance.

    > It's now five months (give or take a week or so) since the WCRR and the
    Learned Doctor affairs and it isn't unreasonable to expect that the Quebec Federation could have
    concluded such enquiries as they deemed necessary.

    > My position is that they should issue the license and deal with any
    infractions if, as and when they arise.

    > It's clear, to me at least, that the rules are being ''bent'' for
    political reasons. And once you start doing that, you might as well throw out the whole rule book
    because the next time it is even easier to bend the rules a little further.

    > I'm really incensed here to be honest because on two occasions I have
    suffered personally from rules being bent to suit political purposes. Once almost 50 years ago when
    the old BLRC joined up with the NCU under written assurance that BLRC riders (like me) who had taken
    cash prizes and/or ridden in ''non-sanctioned'' events (usually grass track sports days where they
    handed you an envelope with folding money in it) would not be sanctioned either by the NCU (Brit
    Governing body at the time) or by the IOC which assurances were negated almost immediately. Within a
    week the NCU revoked the Amateur License, offering a Pro License and the IOC gave us a LifeTime Ban
    just as Melbourne was coming up.

    > And again a few years ago when I won an International Masters Three Day
    but was denied the prize and the placing because I had a license which was neither Canadian nor US
    and therefore hadn't been eligible to compete. Didn't even get my entry money back!!

    > Sorry to run on. I just feel so bad for Jeanson.

    Lets have an unoffical Sea Biscuit race for cash, big cash by some generous donors. Joanne, Fabi,
    Nicole and Jeanson will go head to head in the Alps in a stage race with say 10 stages, 6 of them
    for the big climbs, one TT, and 3 semi hilly. Let see who really is King, I mean Queen.

    > --
    > le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

  17. Gwhite

    Gwhite Guest

    Davey Crockett wrote:

    > Genevieve Jeanson is fed up of waiting for the Kanadjun Wankers to to quit Jerking Off and has
    > applied for an Untied States license.
    >
    > It would seem to be a travesty that the Quebec (Canada) Sports Federation (FQSC) cannot decide
    > until after the season started recently whether she is in good enough health to race. And in any
    > case, fitness to race should not preclude the issuance of a license. Normal procedure is to pull
    > it for a coupla weeks if heaemocrit is high.
    >
    > But it would be a travesty of a greater magnitude still if the USCF granted her a license should
    > the Kanajuns have legitimate reasons for withholding one and a precedent the consequences of which
    > can bode only harm for the beleaguered sport of cycling.
    >
    > There isn't any sign of Prick Pound (or one of his bum-boys) commenting upon the matter
    > yet though.
    >
    > (Source Radio Canada - French Language Service)

    I just think it is humorous that the USCF is considered so lame, but in any event is better than the
    Kanadians. Isn't that always the way? The US is screwed up real bad except when compared to others.

    "Democracy is the worst system known except for all the others." -- Churchill

  18. B. Lafferty wrote:

    > It's absurd that they haven't granted her a license. She has not tested positive for any banned
    > substance and she has had nothing proven against her as to being supplied with any illegal
    > substances. Not that she's been racing clean, but her federation does not seem to have any reason
    > to not issue a license. How would she get a USAC license? By taking up legal residence in the US?

    Exclusion from racing due to an excessive haematocrit level is grounds for withdrawal of licence
    and enforced rest period of 15 days, under UCI rules. Any nature of proof can be provided to
    determine exclusion (again UCI rules). In this case it was the elevated haematocrit prior to 2003
    World RR Champs.

    The Canadian Doping Control program reports only 3 infractions of the doping code for 3rd quarter
    2003. <http://www.canadiancyclist.com/dailynews/December/12.11.034.42PM26.shtml> but then notes that
    for international athletes, any infractions (and tests) are dealt with by the respective
    international federations. So that means UCI and hence WADA. And the president of the UCI can
    suspend any international cyclist...

    And the Canadian association is the "competent national federation" whether or not Jeanson gets a
    licence from another federation. And any national federation can refuse a licence application. STF