Jeanson banned for life

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:52:25 GMT, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]>
wrote:

>The good gin goes in the martinis,

Or gin goes in the good martinis, in this day and age.

In this world, I've had Manhattans made with dry vermouth and someone
asked me if I wanted my Manhattan made with vodka. I guess the minimum
age bartenders use vodka for everything. I also liked the bartender
with the odd tasting Manhattan that couldn't explain how he combined
Bourbon and sweet vermouth and end up with a drink a lot lighter than
either...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

On 24 Jan 2006 13:59:36 -0800, "Kurgan Gringioni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>She is/was an adult and as such she is responsible for her own actions
>just like the rest of us.

Was that morally, ethically, or 'do you have a good lawyer'?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> Michael Press wrote:
> > >
> > > I think I'm the one making possible excuses for her, and suggesting
> > > that she's a victim in this too. Sandy has hinted at some of the same
> > > arguments I've made, but due to her extraordinary situation, and
> > > relationship, with Abut I'm willing to cut her a lot more possible
> > > slack than other riders, maybe going so far as to totally absolve her
> > > of any blame if at some point she was shown to be the victim of a one
> > > man cult especially since he got her so young and was able to isolate
> > > her.
> > > Hopefully this is enough of a shock and complete break to get her away
> > > from him, allow her to start a new life, and to begin to tell, and live
> > > her own story.
> > > Bill C

> > I agree. Suppose that Abut took advantage of Jeanson, and
> > that Jeanson made choices that she would not have in an
> > environment where those choices were not forced upon her.

> <snip>
>

> You guys are so full of ****.
>
> She is/was an adult and as such she is responsible for her own actions
> just like the rest of us.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

So you don't believe in the effects of Brainwashing, the Stockholm
Syndrome, or any of the other variations on this theme?
Guess you're just more cold blooded than I am.
Bill C

<[email protected]> wrote:

>You guys are so full of ****.
>
>She is/was an adult and as such she is responsible for her own actions
>just like the rest of us.

I'm not saying she's not responsible -- just that if her coach was
involved in it, he's very responsible too. And if it (doping) started
before she was an adult, maybe even more responsible.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

In article
<[email protected]>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
> > >
> > > I think I'm the one making possible excuses for her, and suggesting
> > > that she's a victim in this too. Sandy has hinted at some of the same
> > > arguments I've made, but due to her extraordinary situation, and
> > > relationship, with Abut I'm willing to cut her a lot more possible
> > > slack than other riders, maybe going so far as to totally absolve her
> > > of any blame if at some point she was shown to be the victim of a one
> > > man cult especially since he got her so young and was able to isolate
> > > her.
> > > Hopefully this is enough of a shock and complete break to get her away
> > > from him, allow her to start a new life, and to begin to tell, and live
> > > her own story.
> > > Bill C

> > I agree. Suppose that Abut took advantage of Jeanson, and
> > that Jeanson made choices that she would not have in an
> > environment where those choices were not forced upon her.

> <snip>
>

> You guys are so full of ****.
>
> She is/was an adult and as such she is responsible for her own actions
> just like the rest of us.

Leave in the remainder of what I said, and you would have
nothing to argue against.

--
Michael Press

> In article <%[email protected]>,
> "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:BFFB765C.382CA%[email protected]...
>> > On 01/23/2006 07:29 PM, in article
>> > [email protected], "B. Lafferty"
>> > <[email protected]> wrote:

>> > But Absolut? Ugh!
>> >
>> > Every bar has Ketel One these days; most bars have at least one of the
>> > following four: Grey Goose, Belvedere, Vox or Chopin.
>> >
>> > Absolut is almost as bad as Skyy, Smirnoff or Finlandia.
>> >
>> > Even Stolichnaya is a step-up.

>> You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Here are some other opinions
>> from a blind tasting (sadly, Pearl wasn't represented)
>> http://www.rispubs.com/vodkatab.cfm
>>
>> And another blind tasting:
>> http://www.washingtonian.com/dining/vodkas.html
>>
>> Cheers!

> Lafferty, you never did know much about drugs. The only taste test that
> matters:
>
> http://www.ohmygoditburns.com/wordpress/index.php?p=4
>
> Vladimir wins!
>
> So want to try that, even if I still don't see any point in drinking
> vodka,

Funny story. They should take it to a blind testing under a spurious label.

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> I'm still hoping to read
> a "tell-all" from Nicole Freedman about her time on Rona. That'll be
> wild stuff.

I just remembered something about Nicole Freedman. She let Brooke
Blackwelder use her webpage to argue for her innocence when she
(Brooke) tested positive for steroids by USADA.

http://www.nicolefreedman.com/racereports/BBhpletter.htm

(I suppose it's just coincidence that Brooke Blackwelder is also a
former Tour de Toona champ ...)

Bill C wrote:

> So you don't believe in the effects of Brainwashing, the Stockholm
> Syndrome, or any of the other variations on this theme?

Dumbass -

You have no evidence of any of that *and* she has made no such claim.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Bill C wrote:
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>>You guys are so full of ****.
>>
>>She is/was an adult and as such she is responsible for her own actions
>>just like the rest of us.
>>

>>thanks,
>>
>>K. Gringioni.

> So you don't believe in the effects of Brainwashing, the Stockholm
> Syndrome, or any of the other variations on this theme?
> Guess you're just more cold blooded than I am.

Or maybe less gullible.

Jeanson is not a kid, she's 24 years old.

She first hit the big time in 1998 with a bronze medal
at Junior Worlds. That's 8 years. Kind of a long time.

No one, let's just repeat that, no one... has any evidence
of any of this **** other than Abut's a strange dude and
an raging asshole besides. Which isn't really conclusive.

I'm not saying it isn't possible. But it's a stretch.
And not just a little stretch, a big-ass stretch.

Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Bill C wrote:
> > Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> >>You guys are so full of ****.
> >>
> >>She is/was an adult and as such she is responsible for her own actions
> >>just like the rest of us.
> >>

> >>thanks,
> >>
> >>K. Gringioni.

> > So you don't believe in the effects of Brainwashing, the Stockholm
> > Syndrome, or any of the other variations on this theme?
> > Guess you're just more cold blooded than I am.

> Or maybe less gullible.
>
> Jeanson is not a kid, she's 24 years old.
>
> She first hit the big time in 1998 with a bronze medal
> at Junior Worlds. That's 8 years. Kind of a long time.
>
> No one, let's just repeat that, no one... has any evidence
> of any of this **** other than Abut's a strange dude and
> an raging asshole besides. Which isn't really conclusive.
>
> I'm not saying it isn't possible. But it's a stretch.
> And not just a little stretch, a big-ass stretch.
>
> Bob Schwartz

Bob I'm seriously suggesting it based on my own personal observations,
those conveyed to me by other people I consider pretty reliable close
to the women's racing scene, other Canadians gossip, etc...There's
always been almost as much comment, and speculation over the strange
relationship between them as there has been on her doping. I can't
count the number of stories I've heard about his total control over her
life, and I've personally witnessed a few.
I'm not saying it HAS to be this way, but personally I've seen and
heard enough evidence from enough diverse sources, including some of
the other Canadian teams and their riders, including folks from Quebec
to give it some serious weight.
Bill C

On 24 Jan 2006 16:20:33 -0800, "Bill C" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> So you don't believe in the effects of Brainwashing, the Stockholm
>Syndrome, or any of the other variations on this theme?
> Guess you're just more cold blooded than I am.

With all the forced confinement and isolation, you have to wonder how
she ever got out to train. Six hours on rollers?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> With all the forced confinement and isolation, you have to wonder how
> she ever got out to train. Six hours on rollers?

Enough time to practise creating skid marks on roller dismount.

Bill C wrote:
> Bob Schwartz wrote:
> > >
> > > So you don't believe in the effects of Brainwashing, the Stockholm
> > > Syndrome, or any of the other variations on this theme?

> > No one, let's just repeat that, no one... has any evidence
> > of any of this **** other than Abut's a strange dude and
> > an raging asshole besides. Which isn't really conclusive.
> >
> > I'm not saying it isn't possible. But it's a stretch.
> > And not just a little stretch, a big-ass stretch.
> >
> > Bob Schwartz

> Bob I'm seriously suggesting it based on my own personal observations,
> those conveyed to me by other people I consider pretty reliable close
> to the women's racing scene, other Canadians gossip, etc...

Sounds like you've seen and heard what I've seen and heard.

> There's
> always been almost as much comment, and speculation over the strange
> relationship between them as there has been on her doping. I can't
> count the number of stories I've heard about his total control over her
> life, and I've personally witnessed a few.

That's what was so unique about my brief encounter with her the day of
the Toona prologue that I described earlier in this thread. Aubut
wasn't around, and she was relaxed and smiling. When he's around,
which is usually, she always looks like she has a pole up her ass.

The only other time I've ever seen her relaxed and smiling like that
was a few years ago when the Toona prologue was held on a road near my
workplace. I went out for lunch and found myself driving the road
behind the Rona team, doing some slow warmups several hours before the
race. She was talking to her teammates, laughing, smiling. Aubut was
not around.

> I'm not saying it HAS to be this way, but personally I've seen and
> heard enough evidence from enough diverse sources, including some of
> the other Canadian teams and their riders, including folks from Quebec
> to give it some serious weight.

Damn, I wish she'd tell him to get the hell out of her life. Too late
now, apparently, for cycling purposes, but she still needs to ditch the
SOB.

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

> With all the forced confinement and isolation, you have to wonder how
> she ever got out to train. Six hours on rollers?

I'd bet most of her training was done with Aubut cruising alongside her
in a car.

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> On 24 Jan 2006 16:20:33 -0800, "Bill C" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > So you don't believe in the effects of Brainwashing, the Stockholm
> >Syndrome, or any of the other variations on this theme?
> > Guess you're just more cold blooded than I am.

> With all the forced confinement and isolation, you have to wonder how
> she ever got out to train. Six hours on rollers?
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

The most common theme that I've heard has to do with a serious
emotional, and possibly physical bond between them. I don't have the
inside knowledge to know why she does what she does for him, but think
of all the battered and abused wife types that don't want to leave, no
matter the chances to are, and defend their men to the end. I'm not
even suggesting there's that type of physical **** involved, but people
in cults frequently have the chance to leave, as do others in
emotionally dependent relationships, but frquently they don't, and
don't want to until they get away and get a lot of independent
counseling and help.
Hopefully some day we do find out what happened, if not then lets all
just hope that she gets her life together.
Bill C

In article
<[email protected]>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
> > >
> > > I think I'm the one making possible excuses for her, and suggesting
> > > that she's a victim in this too. Sandy has hinted at some of the same
> > > arguments I've made, but due to her extraordinary situation, and
> > > relationship, with Abut I'm willing to cut her a lot more possible
> > > slack than other riders, maybe going so far as to totally absolve her
> > > of any blame if at some point she was shown to be the victim of a one
> > > man cult especially since he got her so young and was able to isolate
> > > her.
> > > Hopefully this is enough of a shock and complete break to get her away
> > > from him, allow her to start a new life, and to begin to tell, and live
> > > her own story.
> > > Bill C

> > I agree. Suppose that Abut took advantage of Jeanson, and
> > that Jeanson made choices that she would not have in an
> > environment where those choices were not forced upon her.

> <snip>
>
> You guys are so full of ****.
>
> She is/was an adult and as such she is responsible for her own actions
> just like the rest of us.

In this thread I have been characterized as both a self
righteous pulpit pounder, and as an apologist.
Here is the full paragraph that the grinch chose to take
out of context.

<[email protected]>

--
Michael Press

In article <[email protected]>,
Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bill wrote:
> >> So you don't believe in the effects of Brainwashing, the Stockholm
> >>Syndrome, or any of the other variations on this theme?

> Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> > With all the forced confinement and isolation, you have to wonder how
> > she ever got out to train. Six hours on rollers?

> Enough time to practise creating skid marks on roller dismount.

Are these skidmark on the floor or on her chamois?

--
tanx,
Howard

The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Curtis L. Russell wrote:
>> On 24 Jan 2006 16:20:33 -0800, "Bill C" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > So you don't believe in the effects of Brainwashing, the Stockholm
>> >Syndrome, or any of the other variations on this theme?
>> > Guess you're just more cold blooded than I am.

>> With all the forced confinement and isolation, you have to wonder how
>> she ever got out to train. Six hours on rollers?

She trains with some cat-1 guy I think. She can probably kick his ass.

>> Curtis L. Russell
>> Odenton, MD (USA)
>> Just someone on two wheels...

> The most common theme that I've heard has to do with a serious
> emotional, and possibly physical bond between them.

FWIW, he IS married...

Also, they traveled alone together to Gila, and stayed in the same host
house, but did not share a bedroom.

However, I have heard some stories of incidents that border on abusive
treatment.

Michael Press wrote:

> In this thread I have been characterized as both a self
> righteous pulpit pounder, and as an apologist.

Has anyone yet characterized you as a tad sensitive, or is that still
open?

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> Scott wrote:
>
>>Maybe, just maybe, she was one of those phenoms. I doubt very
>>seriously she was doping in the early years of her career.

> Dumbass -
>

> I don't.
>
> And it's not because of "crushing" the juniors.
>
> Riding world class women off her wheel just a few miles into a 70 mile
> road race. Doing that 5 days in a row. TT times in the top 10 of the
> men on the same course on the same day. Stuff like that.
>
> Oh ya. And the coach. She had that same coach when she was a junior.
>
> Even that isn't enough evidence, really, to say that someone
> unquestionably doped. But: repeatedly failing the hematocrit tests.
> There's only one logical conclusion.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

Interesting definition of "repeatedly." She failed the hematocrit test
once.

Thanks,

Magilla