Jeanson banned for life

In article <[email protected]>,
"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
>
> > In this thread I have been characterized as both a self
> > righteous pulpit pounder, and as an apologist.

> Has anyone yet characterized you as a tad sensitive, or is that still
> open?

No, and I do not know. Are you making such a
characterization?

In fact I was not drawing attention to myself, but to a
sterling example how different people may draw widely
variant conclusions about one's values from one's words.

--
Michael Press

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> Bill C wrote:
>
>> There've been some real questions from everybody about her
>>relationship with Abut for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised to find
>>out that he fed her EPO and lied to her about it.

> Dumbass -
>

> He's an egomaniac, no question, but "feeding her EPO" without her
> knowledge?
>
> No way. You've gotta inject it.
>
> BTW, she skipped a test too. He got her to do that without her knowing
> about it? No way.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

The UCI knew the hotel she was staying at and never told her. They also
never used the PA system to remind her. Nobody ever told her personally
either.

Same thing happened to Jeff Evanshine at Freehold in 1992. He missed
the Olympic Trials because of it and subsequently imploded and joined
the Army.

Doesn't prove anything.

Magilla

Michael Press wrote:

> No, and I do not know. Are you making such a
> characterization?

Dumbass -

I would.

My remarks were directed at Bill.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Dan Connelly wrote:

> amit wrote:
>
>> no one with any perspective will argue this is a fundamental moral
>> isssue -- it isn't. if you get a racing license it means you've joined
>> an organization and you've agreed to abide by their rules. it also
>> means if you break those rules you've agreed to be penalized within
>> that structure.

> Why aren't there endless threads against center line violations, then?
>
> The same arguments apply, if anything more strongly.
>
> Dan

Danno,

Because the outcome of major races don't depend on centerline
violations. Doping can change results; centerline violations cannot.

Come to think of it, no major races have yellow line rules.

Thanks,

Magilla

Dan Connelly wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> Dan Connelly wrote:

>>> Why aren't there endless threads against center line violations, then?

>> There aren't endless threads about center line violations?

> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=drugs+group:rec.bicycles.racing
> almost 10k hits
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=centerline+group:rec.bicycles.racing&qt_s=Search
>
> 110 hits
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=center line+group:rec.bicycles.racing&qt_s=Search
>
> 546 hits
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=center-line+group:rec.bicycles.racing&qt_s=Search
>
> 170 hits
>
> So drugs out-hits center*line by more than 10:1
>

>>> The same arguments apply, if anything more strongly.

>> Yeah, and if you get DQ'ed for a centerline violation you take
>> your lumps, which is what Amit is arguing for. Occasionally people
>> argue about it. But generally, everybody saw it, so it's not like
>> doping where it happens behind closed doors and nobody
>> knows who's really doing it. Clarity has a way of defusing
>> arguments.
>>

> This is a valid point. However, my point is I think, while I'm for
> drug enforcment, the subject attracts disproportionate attention. In
> the US, centerline (and urinary...) violations are a greater
> threat to racing.
>
> Dan

Are you on crack?

Thanks,

Magilla

[email protected] wrote:

> There's a short three or four day window for testing positive after
> injecting EPO. This perfectly fits the scenario where Jeanson is
> positive on day one and tests negative three days later, assuming that
> dosage occurred three to four days prior to the initial test. The
> effect of EPO last several weeks ( if one uses bigger dosages - from
> DeClerq's taped calls/journals it sounds like microdosing EPO requires
> more maintenance for day to day performance). This fits one plausible
> scenario where they gambled on not being tested on day one ( don't get
> top three or get the random draw for drugtesting).

Asswipe...except for USPRO and UCI races, no race has drug-testing for
the top-3 finishers. USADA only does out-of-competition testing.

It just so happened their OOC test coincided with a race.

Magilla

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> Come to think of it, no major races have yellow line rules.

Not 'cross, anyway, which is your promotion specialty. But I'd be willing
to bet there are center line rules for much of the Tour of California.

Or is that by definition not a major race?

Dan

MagillaGorilla wrote:

> Because the outcome of major races don't depend on centerline
> violations. Doping can change results; centerline violations cannot.

Dumbass -

2003 Tuscon Bicycle Classic. Centerline. Car. Death. End of race.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> Mark wrote:
>
>>Your theory is that because she didn't want to race in Europe,
>>she was using EPO? And you appear to be claiming that no
>>race in the North America, be it national championships, World Cup
>>races, etc. had EPO testing. I suppose that means you have a list of
>>races that tested for EPO from 2000 through 2005 and what
>>out of competition tests she had.
>>
>>So, if she didn't have the skill to avoid positive EPO results
>>by microdosing or taking it far in advance and simply avoided those
>>races, what was she doing at Toona supposedly doped up to the
>>max?
>>

>>>It was discussed here in RBR. There was a lot of whispering.

>>Oh, whispering! Now I see.

> Dumbass -
>
> The entire pro circuit was convinced she was doping - they just didn't
> have any evidence until she finally entered a race that had hematocrit
> testing (Worlds in Montreal) and they finally started having testing in
> North America.
>
> Why do you think she got the lifetime ban?
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

Testing in North America has been the same since USADA's inception in 2001.

She was not given a lifetime ban YET, dumbass. She can race Redlands
and Sea Otter if she wants. Nothing has been proven yet.

Besides, she only failed 2 tests. Lance failed 6 and people say it
means nothing. I agree.

Thanks,

Magilla

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> > Pure ********.
> >
> > For years she had a history of avoiding races that had testing.
> >
> > Most races in the US in her heyday, 4-5 years ago didn't have
> > hematocrit testing. The EPO test didn't come along till later. They did
> > have hematocrit testing at the Euro races, but she mostly avoided
> > those.
> >
> > It was discussed here in RBR. There was a lot of whispering.
> >

> > thanks,
> >
> > K. Gringioni.
> >

> Not true at all. Montreal had testing. She raced that every year and
> won it 3 times. Worlds had testing. So did Sydney Olympics.
>
> There are 2 practical reasons why she never raced in Europe. One, her
> sponsor doesn't sell products in Europe. And two, her team didn't have
> the budget.

Dumbass -

Do you remember when the RONA team went to Europe and she stayed
behind?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>>
>> There are 2 practical reasons why she never raced in Europe. One,
>> her sponsor doesn't sell products in Europe. And two, her team
>> didn't have the budget.

> Do you remember when the RONA team went to Europe and she stayed
> behind?

She stayed behind because she didn't want people who spoke real French
making fun of the way she talked.

--
Bill Asher

In article
<[email protected]>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
> >
> > No, and I do not know. Are you making such a
> > characterization?

> Dumbass -
>
> I would.
>
> My remarks were directed at Bill.

Construct the reply so that we may draw the inference you
intend.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press wrote:

> > Dumbass -
> >
> > I would.
> >
> > My remarks were directed at Bill.

> Construct the reply so that we may draw the inference you
> intend.

Dumbass -

This is rbr. From my salutation here, you can probably discern that I
don't really care much about being understood (or not).

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>
>>>Pure ********.
>>>
>>>For years she had a history of avoiding races that had testing.
>>>
>>>Most races in the US in her heyday, 4-5 years ago didn't have
>>>hematocrit testing. The EPO test didn't come along till later. They did
>>>have hematocrit testing at the Euro races, but she mostly avoided
>>>those.
>>>
>>>It was discussed here in RBR. There was a lot of whispering.
>>>

>>>thanks,
>>>
>>>K. Gringioni.
>>>

>>Not true at all. Montreal had testing. She raced that every year and
>>won it 3 times. Worlds had testing. So did Sydney Olympics.
>>
>>There are 2 practical reasons why she never raced in Europe. One, her
>>sponsor doesn't sell products in Europe. And two, her team didn't have
>>the budget.

> Dumbass -
>
> Do you remember when the RONA team went to Europe and she stayed
> behind?
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

Yes. She has raced Fleche Wallonne before (she won it as a 19 year old).
I forget the reason she stayed behind that one time...but it wasn't
because she was afraid of testing. It might have been because of
tendinitis or because the races didn't suit her (flat courses).

She sat out Liberty Classic for that same reason.

But given the fact that USADA only does OOC testing, it's not a
compelling argument.

Magilla

Dan Connelly wrote:

> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>
>> Come to think of it, no major races have yellow line rules.
>>

> Not 'cross, anyway, which is your promotion specialty. But I'd be willing
> to bet there are center line rules for much of the Tour of California.
>
> Or is that by definition not a major race?
>
> Dan

The EPO Tour of California has rolling enclosure, boss. If the EPO Tour
of California has a yellow-line rule - and I seriously doubt it does -
I'm gonna rag on that race for the next 2 years.

Like I said, no major race has a yellow-line rule.

Thanks,

Magilla

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>
>>Because the outcome of major races don't depend on centerline
>>violations. Doping can change results; centerline violations cannot.

> Dumbass -
>

> 2003 Tuscon Bicycle Classic. Centerline. Car. Death. End of race.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

One, that's not a major race. And two, the results in that race were
not changed by the death.

If death ended that race, how come the Tour de France continued after
Fabio Casartelli's death?

Besides, death in 2003 Tuscon Bicycle Classic ---> Beginning of the life
of a new NRC race (Garret Lemire Memorial).

Thanks,

Magilla

Snack wrote:

> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>
>> For EPO use: http://www.940news.com/locale.php?news=2020
>>
>> "The US tests weren't the first time Jeanson had tested positive and
>> that's why she was banned for life." -- that would be a no-show at the
>> drugsmobile after the 2003 Flèche Wallonne, and hematocrit too high
>> before
>> Worlds 2004.
>>

> Several interesting notes in this piece like retiring before being
> sanctioned...
>
> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9400.0.html
>
> "Jeanson took out a U.S. racing license following a battle with the
> Quebec cycling federation after the 2003 world championships in
> Hamilton, when she was not allowed to start the road race due to an
> elevated hematocrit level. She passed subsequent doping tests."
>
> Looks like USA Cycling is paying for their lus

Hey Snack,

USAC has no choice but to grant someone a license when they pay their
fee. It has nothing to do with "lust," whatever that means. USAC never
benefitted from granting Jeanson a license anyway.

You're such an idiot.

Magilla

[email protected] wrote:

> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>
>>For EPO use: http://www.940news.com/locale.php?news=2020
>>

> All the press items on Jeanson's retirement/banishment refer back
> to a column in La Presse under Pierre Foglia's byline:
> http://www.lapresse.com/jeanson
>
> For the linguistically-deprived, here's the executive summary.
> Jeanson called up Foglia between xmas and Jan. 1 to tell she was
> retiring, and btw she was waiting for the ADA Review Board to
> announce its decision on her positive from 'Toona. He spoke to
> Jeanson again on Jan 18 to learn that she'd been handed a life
> suspension.
> Jeanson's fed up with being called a dope cheat, she's hanging up
> the bike - but she's still fighting on to clear her name.
>
> The USADA took a urine sample after the 1st stage [prologue?] at
> 'Toona.
> The A test says she's 100% postive - no, make that 125% positive:
> "Full EPO as if I'd taken a full dose 5 minutes before the start"
> [sic sic sic]. Anyway, her lawyer got the USADA to keep the story
> from the press until the Review Board's decision if G. didn't
> line up for any races. Now she's appealing to the AAA. After that,
> there's the CAS. They're leaning on the Beke case and the fact that
> the UCI test, 60 hours after the USADA test, was negative. "How could
> be full of EPO and have no trace 60 hours later" wonders Mlle. Jeanson.
>
> Foglia takes note of the Duquette affaire, the Hamilton exclusion, her
> absent-mindedness at the Fleche Wallonne. And now the Tour of Toona.
> The journalist has the impression of two Jeansons: one, luminous, who
> launched herself 300 meters from the finish at Mont Royal, leaving all
> in her wake; the other, shadowy, who avoided even the most anodyne
> questions, able only to articulate her denial: I've never taken
> [etc...].

I don't see much journalism in that executive summary - just an
editorial from a writer who has developed no new facts not already in
the public domain.

Joe Lindsey does the same thing....he writes these 3,000 word mammoth
articles...all based on reportng done by others. Closer inspection
reveals the articles to be little more than a gross act of plagiarism
from a variety of sources:

http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200512/lance-armstrong-1.html

Thanks,

Magilla