Jeanson vs. Samplonius title fight!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by pedalchick, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. Suz

    Suz Guest

    "cipo_chick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Here is a photo of Jeanson suffering up the finishing
    > climb in the Fleche Wallone race. She was suffering like a
    > dog up that last climb and didn't finish wery high up as I
    > recall. If she did take drugs after she had already been
    > tested that morning, it is fairly obvious that she either
    > took the wrong kind or not enough. She didn't ride very
    > well against the Europeans.

    http://www.clintonphoto.com/subjects/event%20photos/fw04/fw-
    w04/pages/fwfem_24.htm

    I saw her suffer worse than that at Redlands, back in March.
    Last circuit race, at one point she was at the back of a
    pack of ~50 on a tough climb (behind me even!) :) It was
    wicked hot, and it looked like she was overly affected by
    the heat. Her teammates didn't know what to do with her, and
    kept coming back to check on her. I guess she recovered
    because she did end up finishing ahead of me (I cracked on
    the last lap and got dropped). But that was weird. I guess
    everyone is entitled to a bad day. Unfortunately for her,
    she has been having a lot of them lately. I think a lot of
    her problems are caused by her bizarre coach, Andre. But
    that's another story for another day.

  2. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Suz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "cipo_chick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Here is a photo of Jeanson suffering up the finishing
    > > climb in the Fleche Wallone race. She was suffering like
    > > a dog up that last climb and didn't finish wery high up
    > > as I recall. If she did take drugs after she had already
    > > been tested that morning, it is fairly obvious that she
    > > either took the wrong kind or not enough. She didn't
    > > ride very well against the Europeans.

    http://www.clintonphoto.com/subjects/event%20photos/fw04/fw-
    w04/pages/fwfem_24.htm

    > I saw her suffer worse than that at Redlands, back in
    > March. Last circuit race, at one point she was at the back
    > of a pack of ~50 on a tough climb (behind me even!) :) It
    > was wicked hot, and it looked like she was
    overly
    > affected by the heat. Her teammates didn't know what to do
    > with her, and kept coming back to check on her. I guess
    > she recovered because she did
    end
    > up finishing ahead of me (I cracked on the last lap and
    > got dropped). But that was weird. I guess everyone is
    > entitled to a bad day. Unfortunately for her, she has been
    > having a lot of them lately. I think a lot of her problems
    > are caused by her bizarre coach, Andre. But that's another
    > story for another day.

    In this instance she suffered from wind and a brutal climb.
    Click on Cloud Nine.

    http://www.bike.com/template.asp?date=10%2F8%2F2003&page=-
    2&lsectionnumber=4&lsectionname=Spoken+Word&lsectiondirec-
    tory=spoken

    http://tinyurl.com/28a4f

    B-

  3. Cipo_chick

    Cipo_chick Guest

    "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > cipo_chick wrote:
    > > Here is a photo of Jeanson suffering up the finishing
    > > climb in the Fleche Wallone race. She was suffering like
    > > a dog up that last climb and didn't finish wery high up
    > > as I recall. If she did take drugs after she had already
    > > been tested that morning, it is fairly obvious that she
    > > either took the wrong kind or not enough. She didn't
    > > ride very well against the Europeans.
    > >

    > http://www.clintonphoto.com/subjects/event%20photos/fw04-
    > /fww04/pages/fwfem_24.htm
    > >
    > $20 for a 5x7 of that? It had better come with a chunky,
    > ornate wooden frame for that price.

    I heard that UASADA bought (1) 5 x 7 and (1) 8 x 10.

  4. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    great pictures by jonathan mcelvery... but also note that
    there is no drug testing at mt. washington. you do the math.
    or. you do the speculating yourself.

    > http://tinyurl.com/28a4f
    >
    > B-

  5. pedalchick

    pedalchick New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2003
    I would imagine that, even if one were doped to the gills, climbing Mt. Washington would still be a suffer-fest. Not making any judgements against anyone, but just because someone is visibly suffering doesn't mean they're clean. Or dirty. It's pretty much the nature of our sport to suffer. I haven't noticed any difference in the level of agony I achieve as I become more fit, but everyone else seems to just go a little slower around me.

  6. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    > I haven't noticed any difference in the level of agony I
    > achieve as I become more fit, but everyone else seems to
    > just go a little slower around me.

    "It doesn't get any easier, you just get faster." -
    Greg LeMond.

  7. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote ...
    > Sierraman <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > You and Davey provide excellent humor for the group!
    >
    > I might be willing to cut her some slack if I had a thing
    > for chicks that looked like teenage boys, but I don't.
    > Maybe someone at the USADA does though. I can't see any
    > legitimate reason for them to do this.

    Now THAT is a BIZARRE statement/paragraph.

    -Ken

  8. H Squared

    H Squared Guest

    pedalchick wrote:
    > I haven't noticed any difference in the level of agony I
    > achieve as I become more fit, but everyone else seems to
    > just go a little slower around me.

    now you're stealing from lemond :) heather

  9. H Squared

    H Squared Guest

    h squared wrote:

    > pedalchick wrote:
    > > I haven't noticed any difference in the level of agony I
    > > achieve as I become more fit, but everyone else seems to
    > > just go a little slower around me.
    >
    > now you're stealing from lemond :) heather

    doh, this point was already been posted by jcm. maybe i
    should go back to a threaded format.. h

  10. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    K. J. Papai <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote ...
    >> Sierraman <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> > You and Davey provide excellent humor for the group!
    >>
    >> I might be willing to cut her some slack if I had a thing
    >> for chicks that looked like teenage boys, but I don't.
    >> Maybe someone at the USADA does though. I can't see any
    >> legitimate reason for them to do this.

    > Now THAT is a BIZARRE statement/paragraph.

    It was a bizarre judgement on the part of the USADA.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]

  11. pedalchick

    pedalchick New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2003
    Round 2: TKO!

    Elite Women - 30km
    1 Susan Palmer-Komar (ON) 43.21.0
    2 Lynn Bessette (QC) 0.40.55
    3 Merrill Collins (ON) 00.58.7
    4 Anne Samplonius (QC) 01.13.9
    5 Amy Moore (ON) 02.17.6
    6 Genevieve Jeanson (AR) 03.04.6
    7 Manon Jutras (QC) 03.42.7

  12. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    pedalchick wrote:
    > Round 2: TKO!
    >
    > Elite Women - 30km 1 Susan Palmer-Komar (ON) 43.21.0 2
    > Lynn Bessette (QC) 0.40.55 3 Merrill Collins (ON) 00.58.7
    > 4 Anne Samplonius (QC)
    > 01.13.9 5 Amy Moore (ON) 02.17.6 6 Genevieve Jeanson (AR)
    > 03.04.6 7 Manon Jutras (QC) 03.42.7

    Amy Moore's quietly starting to live the dream also.
    Good for her.