Jeep Mountain Bikes????

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Todd B, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd B

Todd B Guest

Any idea who makes the line of Jeep Mountain bikes? They look like big overpriced klunkers. Huffys
    with a Jeep sticker and OK components. What is the story on these bikes? Just curious if anyone
    knows. Todd

Tags:

2. John Harlow

John Harlow Guest

> Any idea who makes the line of Jeep Mountain bikes? They look like big overpriced klunkers.
    > Huffys with a Jeep sticker and OK components. What is the story on these bikes? Just curious if
    > anyone knows.

Great question.

I've never actually seen one, or known anyone to own one, but as I am the authority on them I can
    tell you they are either the finest bikes in the world or the biggest heaps of shit to ever spew
    shoddily cast Asian parts along a trail.

Or possibly somewhere in between.

(They certainly have a mighty high alloy to dollar ratio though*.)

* see footnote**

**footnote: this relates to another post long ago(1) where we were bashing bike ads which overused
    the "alloy" keyword.

3. Andy Chequer

Andy Chequer Guest

"Todd B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Any idea who makes the line of Jeep Mountain bikes? They look like big overpriced klunkers. Huffys
    > with a Jeep sticker and OK components. What is the story on these bikes? Just curious if anyone
    > knows. Todd

Andy Chequer

4. Slacker

Slacker Guest

"Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "Todd B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Any idea who makes the line of Jeep Mountain bikes? They look like big overpriced klunkers.
    > > Huffys with a Jeep sticker and OK components. What is the story on these bikes? Just curious if
    > > anyone knows. Todd
    >

>
    > Andy Chequer

ROTFLMAO!!!

--
    Slacker

5. Slacker

Slacker Guest

"Todd B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Any idea who makes the line of Jeep Mountain bikes? They look like big overpriced klunkers. Huffys
    > with a Jeep sticker and OK components. What is the story on these bikes? Just curious if anyone
    > knows. Todd

I got three words for ya....don't do it!

Actually, a buddy of mine rides one. Every time we hook-up for a ride together he waits till I leave
    I bike unattended and jumps on
    it....."C'mon man, let ride it?" ...."No way, I'm not riding your Heep!"

--
    Slacker

6. Sorni

Sorni Guest

7. Todd B wrote:

> knows. Todd

Not 100% sure, but these guys seems to take some of the credit:
    http://www.benotto.com.mx/Jeep_y_Raleigh/jeep_y_raleigh.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.