Jehovah's Witnesses, do they cycle? :D

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
MMMMMM! Goat kebabs!

Lamb (or something "similar", like Comodo Dragons with a sweater on
big-smile.png
) are one of safe-r choices in Kebab stores.
big-smile.png

Don't try the "Doner"... Just don't.
big-smile.png

Reactions: spaaqua19
Haitian Voo Doo? This is a funny post. I've only had a few run ins with the Jehovah's. But it seems what LDR cycles says seems to match up. I didn't really know all of that though. I know the religion was started in the early 1900's by a freemason. It changed hands and they added the watchtower magazine to it. They apparently believe that Jesus or God has not come to earth yet. They had some date of his arrival, which did not happen so they bumped the date to a later time which also did not happen. Then they tried to say that he did come but was invisible or someone no one expected. You can't make this stuff up just look it up. Its all in the history of the Watchtower magazine.
"Unpleasant behavior" Lol this is what LDRcycles said. Its true. Might even be an understatement, he's trying to be nice by saying it that.

I'm a Jehovah's Witness and I cycle.

I understand that some in here will always stick to their ideas of us. But, for those who are actually curious, here are the facts of what we believe and why we believe it.

Who is Jehovah?
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002391

Who is Jesus?
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002451

Is 144,000 a literal number?
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2004647#h=1:0-11:147

Why do we preach?
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102007051?q=matt+28%3A19%2C20&p=par

Is there a hope to live in paradise on earth?
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102000123

If you have any other questions you can reach out to me.
You can also go to www.jw.org or www.wol.jw.org

If you have questions about what a person believes it is good to actually ask the person that believes it. I must say I have found a lot of the stuff said in this thread pretty funny.

Hello everyone, my name is Jorge Solis. I am not sure if Jehova's witnesses ride bicycles but I know Mormons do! I have a couple of friends who belong to the Mormon Church and their missionaries ride bicycles when they visit people to preach the Gospel.

I have nothing against Jehovah's Witnesses, they are generally nice people. I've been approached by them a couple of times, but I didn't drink the Kool-Aid. I think there are far more dangerous religions and cults out there, the JW crowd are pretty weak sauce in my opinion.

I have nothing against JW's, except the fact they refuse to stand for the national anthem and nobody seems to care.
BUT one Muslim family doesn't and the whole internet goes nuts.
Double standard much?

As fellow cyclists from the US and all around the world, it would be best that we not get into these conversations. There is an old saying, and I think it is universal: "It is wise not to discuss religion and politics with your friends." I did just recently regarding politics, and the results were not good.

When I was a kid, that was one of the "rules of the house" posted in every old-school barber shop---no talking about religion or politics. :D

Meh.

If you can't speak your mind, they were not your friend to begin with and they were certainly not worth knowing. And my barber shop is constantly abuzz topics based on both religion and politics. And the pile of gun magazines on the table might **** some morons off, but **** them anyway. Like I said. Not worth knowing.

Hell, at last night's community dinner at the local fire station the topic WAS politics and the support for Donald J. Trump was outstanding. There was talk of a repair to a stern drive on a boat, but the topic quickly returned to Trump and how he will crush the commie ***** Hitlary. I'm guessing the attendance was constantly over 200 in bays where the trucks were parked (moved outside for the dinner tables/chairs, of course).

Now...bringing up anything to do with shitmaNO around my family table will get guns clearing leather in a hurry. J/K

And I'll be ****ed in the ass with a rusty hoe before I worry about 'offending' someone. Like dad always said..."Which part of the world do you come from? The part whose ass we kicked or the part whose ass we saved?".

Trump, man!
That guy is awesome, I don't get all the hate and stupid ****** comparisons. He should certainly take some hair advice from the Canadian PM though. I guess you get to a certain level of wealth you don't give a hoot what people think about your hair. Heaven forbid a successful non-career bureaucrat gets elected! Jeeze. I hope he wins, doubt any GOP member will be able to surpass him now.

I had a badass barber for most of my life until he retired. Had a mini fridge in the back we always got a beer or two. Had all kinds of different magazines in the place including a few playboys. Very old school Italian, his straight razor shave is one of legends. We talked a lot of things, religion and politics certainty got discussed. I miss that because these days you can't talk to people anymore without them getting offended. He was religious and a big time golfer, I am not religious and I can't stand golf. Yet we could talk back and forth, poke some fun and no one got butthurt.
The man was a truly self made man too, someone anyone can look up to. Came to Canada from Italy with nothing. Worked his behind off his whole life cutting hair. Lived within his means. Purchased his own shop with an apartment above to rent out. Purchased the shop next to him and that apartment. Then the shop next to that until he owned the whole corner of a very busy intersection. Sold it all for close to a million bucks. The man was a real life "wealthy barber." WHICH brings me to another great point that ties into this thread, you don't have to have a 4 year degree from a fancy school to make it here. You just have to not be an idiot (you don't even have to be smart) live within your means and work hard. That's it. Oh wait that was a different thread. Whatever I'm leaving that here now.

Welcome to The United States Of The Offended, comrade!

Here, you have the right to be butthurt about...everything!

Welcome to The United States Of The Offended, comrade!

Here, you have the right to be butthurt about...everything!

Do you trust Trump to actually reform a field of lets say... Dunno... Healthcare??? :D

I think you dont... I would probably be better for that after all these times in ended in the hospital... :D

At least you will be happy watching these skimpy nurse uniforms on the "legalized" nurses from Mexico, coz them honkie ones are just for da babiez...

Oh man... Oh man... But I'm pretty sure that the guy's gonna win. :D

Who did "the people" vote for the Big Brother shows? :D Da Sliziest and Funniest! Extra points for showing some beaver!!!

I have nothing against JW's, except the fact they refuse to stand for the national anthem and nobody seems to care.
BUT one Muslim family doesn't and the whole internet goes nuts.
Double standard much?

They are really easy to notice I think.

They always wear a shirt, they always have the kids with them, also wearing a shirt. Pretty outgoing too. Like actually reaching you... with those chequered shirts... handing you out the watch tower...

You go back home with mixed feelings... You roll some zeus... You smoke it and read about leopards giving rabbits massages... and then it makes perfect sense!:D

I don't know any JW in person. However, why not? If they are physically capable of doing this = they have all the chances. Of course, If their God condones it.

I don't know any JW in person. However, why not? If they are physically capable of doing this = they have all the chances. Of course, If their God condones it.

I don't think it does...

There's something "off" about them. :D

Jehova's witnesses on bikes. The horror D: . They'll annoy neighborhoods at a faster pace than by foot. And also can hunt pedestrians and other bikers down. Beware, the black umbrellas are approaching!

At s
Jehova's witnesses on bikes. The horror D: . They'll annoy neighborhoods at a faster pace than by foot. And also can hunt pedestrians and other bikers down. Beware, the black umbrellas are approaching!

At some point they had a stall right next to the cycle path here. :D

Funniest bit was when I had my accident last summer where a family of them were helping people (me included, they got me some water :D ) in the ER corridor in the hospital. :D

They are hazy f@ckers but some girls in there I would do. ;)

I actually called a JW witness I know (an Al Bundy kinda guy) to buy him! some coffee. :D

Not quite sure what part religion plays in cycling but I don't think theres any particular reason why Jehovah's witnesses aren't allowed to ride a bike.

We could do a thread asking the same for all the other religions. Can a Jewish, Christian, Muslim follower or whatever ride a bike aswell for that matter.