Jehovah's Witnesses, do they cycle? :D

I would assume so. I wouldn't guess why not?

There isn't a religious reason I wouldn't have thought. Never heard of a religion not allowing people to have fun and exercise before, although I have to admit I'm not entirely well up on the Jehovah's witnesses lifestyle!

Jehova's Winesses only drive in cars around where I live, and No Trespassing signs don't deter them, but the shot gun my wife wielded got rid of them, and they haven't come back to peddle their Witch Tower.

There isn't a religious reason I wouldn't have thought. Never heard of a religion not allowing people to have fun and exercise before, although I have to admit I'm not entirely well up on the Jehovah's witnesses lifestyle!

They only believe that 144,000 of them warrant heaven, and that's only if they work very hard so they work hard to recruit others to their misguided cult religion.

I used to know a JW and he had no qualms about riding a bike, I've never heard if they have any rule against this. I have no idea how their religion works, though, so the ones in the US might be operating under a different set of rules for all I know.
They only believe that 144,000 of them warrant heaven, and that's only if they work very hard so they work hard to recruit others to their misguided cult religion.

Not exactly, their current dogma is that all true believers can get into heaven, but only the best 144 thousand will get to spend the eternity directly with Jesus, while the rest will have to contend with heavenly economic class.
I don't think you can classify JW as a cult, they're a stupid sect even by religious standards, but membership doesn't really interfere with your normal life... unless you need a blood transfusion, of course *grins*

Interesting fact to know. Nothing to do with them being able to ride a bike or not, but all the same, haha!

I don't know any Jehovah's witnesses, and the only time I've even seen any around where I live is when they're going door to door trying to sell watchtower and convert people. Never seen them on a bike though, always walking, so maybe there IS a rule that they can't ride a bike? Who knows...I'm not joining just to find out anyway, I can tell you that, haha!

I'm sure some do. I have seen some cycling I believe. Quite a few times actually. I haven't seen any lately however.

Interesting fact to know. Nothing to do with them being able to ride a bike or not, but all the same, haha!

I don't know any Jehovah's witnesses, and the only time I've even seen any around where I live is when they're going door to door trying to sell watchtower and convert people. Never seen them on a bike though, always walking, so maybe there IS a rule that they can't ride a bike? Who knows...I'm not joining just to find out anyway, I can tell you that, haha!

I used to argue with them concerning their misguided interpretation of the Bible. They take a passage out of Revelations, which talks about the 144,000 saints, who were martyred after the tribulation. That in no way relates to them, but it's a "free country", one has the right to believe as he does. I then did a great deal of study on them, since I was seeing them quite often. They evidently deemed me a challenge. Unfortunately for them, when I was at work, the missus was home, and she was in no mood to discuss anything with them, especially since they constantly sent over-weight, dangerous looking men to our door when I was at work. Looks like they could have benefited from a bicycle.

Once a tiny little car pulled up loaded with three of them. Their windows were down, and my menacing looking mutt (but a teddy bear) stuck her head in their car window. That scared them off for awhile. Jackie got some extra treats and food for weeks to come.

I used to know a JW and he had no qualms about riding a bike, I've never heard if they have any rule against this. I have no idea how their religion works, though, so the ones in the US might be operating under a different set of rules for all I know.

Not exactly, their current dogma is that all true believers can get into heaven, but only the best 144 thousand will get to spend the eternity directly with Jesus, while the rest will have to contend with heavenly economic class.
I don't think you can classify JW as a cult, they're a stupid sect even by religious standards, but membership doesn't really interfere with your normal life... unless you need a blood transfusion, of course *grins*

We should have a special thread on cults and relate them to bicycles. There are those who look at the Catholic Church as a cult.

We should have a special thread on cults and relate them to bicycles. There are those who look at the Catholic Church as a cult.

All religions are cults in my opinion, that's one of the reason I don't follow any. A person can live a moral life and believe in God or a higher being, whatever you want to call it, without going around and trying to preach to others and ramming your religion down other peoples knecks.

The 144K get to sit in the main room. The others get there but have to sit outside and watch the proceedings on closed circuit TV. :D

Think of the grown-ups and kids tables at Thanksgiving. ;)

Reactions: Bicycleman
All religions are cults in my opinion, that's one of the reason I don't follow any. A person can live a moral life and believe in God or a higher being, whatever you want to call it, without going around and trying to preach to others and ramming your religion down other peoples knecks.

How do you ram anything down a kneck? What's a kneck?

How do you ram anything down a kneck? What's a kneck?

Obviously run out of constructive things to say on the thread, as your just creating a post simply to point out a spelling mistake. I'm done with the thread anyway, but please...feel free to continue discussing cults and cycling, a very interesting topic, I'm sure no one will agree.

Reactions: AryaSnark
Obviously run out of constructive things to say on the thread, as your just creating a post simply to point out a spelling mistake. I'm done with the thread anyway, but please...feel free to continue discussing cults and cycling, a very interesting topic, I'm sure no one will agree.

Then it must be true that JW's cycle since you have taken offense by having your toes stepped on. Keep on peddling that Witch Tower. If you distribute at least 10,000 more you might be able to get one foot into the gates, whereas had you read the Bible, it would have told you that all you needed was to believe in the son of God, ask him to forgive your sins, and to come into your life to make you whole.

I used to argue with them concerning their misguided interpretation of the Bible. They take a passage out of Revelations, which talks about the 144,000 saints, who were martyred after the tribulation. That in no way relates to them, but it's a "free country", one has the right to believe as he does. I then did a great deal of study on them, since I was seeing them quite often. They evidently deemed me a challenge. Unfortunately for them, when I was at work, the missus was home, and she was in no mood to discuss anything with them, especially since they constantly sent over-weight, dangerous looking men to our door when I was at work. Looks like they could have benefited from a bicycle.

I'm surprised they didn't benefit from walking around the town/city and bothering people, at least in terms of weight this should be a good exercise? Or maybe the poor guys used to be in even worse shape before they got into JW mission business.

Then it must be true that JW's cycle since you have taken offense by having your toes stepped on. Keep on peddling that Witch Tower. If you distribute at least 10,000 more you might be able to get one foot into the gates, whereas had you read the Bible, it would have told you that all you needed was to believe in the son of God, ask him to forgive your sins, and to come into your life to make you whole.

Funny how you just assume that I'm a Jehovah's witness without knowing anything about me. Personally I regard all religion as *********t so believing in the so called son of God (as I assume you do) is just as comical to me as somebody who walks around knocking on peoples doors giving out copies of watchtower.

Jehova's Winesses only drive in cars around where I live, and No Trespassing signs don't deter them, but the shot gun my wife wielded got rid of them, and they haven't come back to peddle their Witch Tower.
That would do it. I am normally more diplomatic and just point out the fact that the prophecy that the world was going to end in 1974 didn't come true and that any cult will try to impose fear onto people. That normally gets them.

Yeah, it's to save gas and stuff, and also, since you will be stopping by door to door a lot of the time during the day, a car can be a little inconvenient, and expensive as well. If they are not walking to their destinations, they may as well get some exercise and cheap transportation along the way. My friends did a similar thing, they had a job that went door to door in different neighborhoods for surveys and stuff, and instead of renting a car, they just went with bikes, and they said they had fun with the job. Other than the sunburns, of course.

I have no idea what hey believe in or if they ride :) but I know they are indeed very polite, nice looking people. In Serbia I never saw a hot girl in JW but I noticed that they dress alike and they actually look alike, like those watchers from Fringe :) I usually invite them if I have time, listen to their story and take the book or brochure. Your questions are quite amusing and I do not have answers unfortunately. Either way, JW or not, hot is hot :)